Windows 10: PC 'Crashes' - Still Hear Sound and Move Mouse Until Fully Crashes

Discus and support PC 'Crashes' - Still Hear Sound and Move Mouse Until Fully Crashes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Sorry if this is the wrong area for some help on this issue. My system spec I have just added to my profile. My problem tends to occur quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RyanM94, May 4, 2021.

1. RyanM94 Win User

PC 'Crashes' - Still Hear Sound and Move Mouse Until Fully Crashes

Hello, Sorry if this is the wrong area for some help on this issue. My system spec I have just added to my profile. My problem tends to occur quite often whenever I leave my PC afk or even just playing low performance games/browsing (youtube) and such. So I know it is nothing solely to do with playing taxing games. It doesn't happen THAT frequently that it bothers me but sometimes it can happen a few times in one day then not happen for a while. If you want me to post any more information then just let me know. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter. Best way I can explain this so you know how much of my PC is still running until it fully crashes is through a scenario here. Playing a low spec game with a friend, talking through Discord. I know when my PC crashes as all my RGB lights freeze up and I lose the sound in my game first, and shortly the game will crash or anything moving on screen will freeze. After that I can still hear my friend talking to me through Discord, this could be up to a good few minutes. I can still move my mouse and alt tab, cant view the Desktop. I can control alt delete to get my task manager up but it doesn't let me end anything. That is about it, usually then it all grinds to a halt and each time I have to hard power off my PC. Doesn't let me turn off PC the proper way either. ---- Or if I have say Radio 1 playing, that would continue to play as well until it fully crashes.

:)

RyanM94, May 4, 2021
  2. RyanM94 Win User

Reliability History never shows anything other than a critical error for an unexpected shutdown, I am guessing due to me hard powering it down. I will post a pic to show you that is all I get. Nothing before or after in the log. That the day it happened 3 times, I had a couple afk sessions. I wasn't even playing any games.

PC 'Crashes' - Still Hear Sound and Move Mouse Until Fully Crashes [​IMG]

I checked dxdiag and no notes/problems found. I checked on display for my version and just want to make sure is this what you mean before I do anything else. Where do I even find that version again to reinstall it? The date is nearly a year old, has it not been updating or something? My driver files seem to think they are up to date.

PC 'Crashes' - Still Hear Sound and Move Mouse Until Fully Crashes [​IMG]

DDU, where is the correct place for this software?

RyanM94, May 4, 2021
  3. RyanM94 Win User

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong area for some help on this issue. My system spec I have just added to my profile.

My problem tends to occur quite often whenever I leave my PC afk or even just playing low performance games/browsing (youtube) and such. So I know it is nothing solely to do with playing taxing games. It doesn't happen THAT frequently that it bothers me but sometimes it can happen a few times in one day then not happen for a while. If you want me to post any more information then just let me know. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter.

Best way I can explain this so you know how much of my PC is still running until it fully crashes is through a scenario here.

Playing a low spec game with a friend, talking through Discord. I know when my PC crashes as all my RGB lights freeze up and I lose the sound in my game first, and shortly the game will crash or anything moving on screen will freeze. After that I can still hear my friend talking to me through Discord, this could be up to a good few minutes. I can still move my mouse and alt tab, cant view the Desktop. I can control alt delete to get my task manager up but it doesn't let me end anything. That is about it, usually then it all grinds to a halt and each time I have to hard power off my PC. Doesn't let me turn off PC the proper way either. ---- Or if I have say Radio 1 playing, that would continue to play as well until it fully crashes.

RyanM94, May 4, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. PC 'Crashes' - Still Hear Sound and Move Mouse Until Fully Crashes - Similar Threads - 'Crashes' Still Hear

2. Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes: Hello,Been trying to deal with this issue for a while and have been working with Nvidia support as well.When playing certain games I will get a disconnect sound and then the screen will turn a solid color. After a few seconds the screen will turn off and then back on but...
  3. Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes: Hello,Been trying to deal with this issue for a while and have been working with Nvidia support as well.When playing certain games I will get a disconnect sound and then the screen will turn a solid color. After a few seconds the screen will turn off and then back on but...
  4. Pc freezes at startup but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes at startup but mouse still moves: Hi, a friend brought his PC over to me for this very same issue. I noticed his PC would get to the desktop and then freeze and u would be unable to click or interact with anything, I would still be able to move the mouse pointer around however. After swapping around ram,...
  5. Pc freezes at startup but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc freezes at startup but mouse still moves: Hi, a friend brought his PC over to me for this very same issue. I noticed his PC would get to the desktop and then freeze and u would be unable to click or interact with anything, I would still be able to move the mouse pointer around however. After swapping around ram,...
  6. Pc freezes at startup but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Pc crashes with a different solid screen or sometimes I can still hear game sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashes with a different solid screen or sometimes I can still hear game sounds: I got ton of issues since I move in my room I can't play games or anything I can only use it for school I tried a lot of things to fix the damn issue but it always happens I'm tired of it please give me tips how to fix it I can't take it to a repair shop because my mom would...
  8. My PC still crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC still crashes: I have made three threads before and done all the advice I was...
  9. PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound: Hello, Please can anyone help... I'm learning this. This is my first build with my dad's help I just built my pc around Christmas. here are my specs: B450 Tomahawk Max Ryzen 5 3600X RX 5700 16 Gb Ram - 2x8gb DDR4 I don't know what happened. Ever since the built, I...
  10. MOUSE STILL NOT FULLY WORKING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MOUSE STILL NOT FULLY WORKING: I asked yesterday about my mouse cursor disappearing after a few hours and then having to reboot to get it to reappear. I followed the instructions given but it is still happening....