Windows 10: PC Crashes when doing light tasks on Blender

Discus and support PC Crashes when doing light tasks on Blender in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When doing very few things at once I have my PC crash Without BSOD and will reboot. I have tried some troubleshooting tips I have seen in forums such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Adam Shrimpton, Apr 25, 2021.

1. PC Crashes when doing light tasks on Blender

When doing very few things at once I have my PC crash Without BSOD and will reboot. I have tried some troubleshooting tips I have seen in forums such as the sfc/scannow to check windows drive, uninstalled completely and reinstalled the software that I was using at the time of the crashes, updated drivers, currently the only out of date driver I have according to DriverFix is the "Realtek high definition audio device". since the 28/01/2021 I have had 65 Critical Events which all have identical bug check parameters. I do not have much experience with troubleshooting so some help would be appre

:)

Adam Shrimpton, Apr 25, 2021
  2. jgunning Win User

Blender 2.63 Crashing

Hi all,

Dont know how many people still use blender, but im experiencing troubles on running blender.It crashes straight away and says "runtime error, this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

I have looked on the blender forums, i have tried reinstalling mvc++ runtime files.
    Nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions...?

jgunning, Apr 25, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Blender 2.8 rc3 keeps crashing

Hi Thunder_Ruler

You are running a recently released beta test version of Blender, if you head over to the Blender forum, you will see many users are reporting this as one of the many bugs in that Release Candidate 3 version

Beta test versions are always going to have bugs and crashes, your best option is to uninstall RC3 and install the latest stable release of Blender, until the Blender developers resolve the bugs in RC3 and then you can download version 2.8 when that is fully
    released . .

DaveM121, Apr 25, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

PC Crashes when doing light tasks on Blender

How can I open an .obj file in Blender

Hi Joshy

Setting File Associations in Windows 10 is currently a bit buggy

Right click an obj file, choose 'Open WIth' - Choose Another App

IMPORTANT - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open objx . . .'

If Blender is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if Blender is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the blender executable and choose that

That is located here:

C:/program files (x86)/blender foundation/blender/blender.exe

That's It, once that is done, you should be able to double click an obj file to open it in Blender . . .

DaveM121, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

PC Crashes when doing light tasks on Blender

1. PC Crashes when doing light tasks on Blender - Similar Threads - Crashes doing light

2. My PC Crashes while using blender.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Crashes while using blender.: Hello, While using Blender, my pc has started to bluescreen and restart completely. It worked fine before, and the issue started appearing about two weeks ago. I've tried to catch the error code as the bluescreen happened, but I've never been able to. This isn't a hardware...
  3. My PC Crashes while using blender.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC Crashes while using blender.: Hello, While using Blender, my pc has started to bluescreen and restart completely. It worked fine before, and the issue started appearing about two weeks ago. I've tried to catch the error code as the bluescreen happened, but I've never been able to. This isn't a hardware...
  4. Windows crashing when under light load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashing when under light load: Hello,I have been experiencing some strange issues lately with my PC. The entire system crashes and either freezes entirely or restarts immediately while the computer is under a light load, but not while under a heavy load. In particular, it has crashes very frequently while...
  5. Windows crashing when under light load

Windows crashing when under light load: Hello,I have been experiencing some strange issues lately with my PC. The entire system crashes and either freezes entirely or restarts immediately while the computer is under a light load, but not while under a heavy load. In particular, it has crashes very frequently while...
  6. BSOD when idle or performing light tasks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD when idle or performing light tasks: Hi my PC BSOD when my computer is on idle or while doing tasks such as web browsing or watching videos. I did some research from the bug checks and suspect its a faulty or corrupt driver but not sure which one. Please help, thanks in advance....
  7. BSOD when idle or performing light tasks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle or performing light tasks: Hi my PC BSOD when my computer is on idle or while doing tasks such as web browsing or watching videos. I did some research from the bug checks and suspect its a faulty or corrupt driver but not sure which one. Please help, thanks in advance....
  8. BSOD when idle or performing light tasks

9. PC Crashing when gaming, idle or under light load

PC Crashing when gaming, idle or under light load: So my PC keeps freezing/crashing randomly at certain points. Sometimes it's when i'm mid game, sometimes under very light load watching a video and sometimes when nothing is happening at all. Anyone know how I could get a crash report or something to try diagnose the problem?...
  10. Blender 2.8 rc3 keeps crashing

Blender 2.8 rc3 keeps crashing: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\blender-2.80rc3-windows64\blender.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: BEX64 Application Name: blender.exe Application Version: 2.8.0.0 Application Timestamp: 5d309054 Fault Module Name: ucrtbase.dll Fault Module Version:...