Windows 10: PC crashes when downloading games and when running games.

Discus and support PC crashes when downloading games and when running games. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My PC has recently started crashing more often when downloading large games such as GTA which is over 100gb and running games for a long time. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jonas Brav, Dec 31, 2023.

1. PC crashes when downloading games and when running games.

My PC has recently started crashing more often when downloading large games such as GTA which is over 100gb and running games for a long time. I have a feeling something is overheating because my fans are not very decent and extremely loud. I’m unsure how to fix this.

:)

Jonas Brav, Dec 31, 2023

2. Game crashing.

Hi Nini,

The error message that you received when you played the game means that the graphics card driver needs an update. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics card driver by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your display adapter, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics
      card and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the display adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You may also run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Loraine Mon, Dec 31, 2023
  3. Games keep crashing on Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform that the games which were working in previous Operating System may or may not work in Windows 10 due to compatibility issues. I suggest you to check for the latest version of the games which are not working, check compatibility
    with Windows 10 and install. If the latest version is not available or if the games are not compatible, suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the game nd save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 31, 2023
Thema:

PC crashes when downloading games and when running games.

1. PC crashes when downloading games and when running games. - Similar Threads - crashes downloading games

2. PC crashes when gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when gaming.: Good day.I need Help.PC Specs:i9-13900kfAsus Prime z790-A WifiXFX RX 6950XTCorsair Vengence 2 X 16 GB 4800MHz DDR5Samsung 980 500gb & 1TBCorsair RM1000x PSUAIO CoolerSo I have only noticed it when Playing Call of Duty Multiplayer and Warzone, and now recently FC 24. Weirdly...
  3. PC crashes when gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes when gaming.: Good day.I need Help.PC Specs:i9-13900kfAsus Prime z790-A WifiXFX RX 6950XTCorsair Vengence 2 X 16 GB 4800MHz DDR5Samsung 980 500gb & 1TBCorsair RM1000x PSUAIO CoolerSo I have only noticed it when Playing Call of Duty Multiplayer and Warzone, and now recently FC 24. Weirdly...
  4. PC crashes when gaming.

PC crashes when gaming.: Good day.I need Help.PC Specs:i9-13900kfAsus Prime z790-A WifiXFX RX 6950XTCorsair Vengence 2 X 16 GB 4800MHz DDR5Samsung 980 500gb & 1TBCorsair RM1000x PSUAIO Cooler So I have only noticed it when Playing Call of Duty Multiplayer and Warzone, and now recently FC 24. Weirdly...
  5. PC crashing when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing when gaming: Hello, I have an annoying crashing problem. Here is my description of the situation. PC configuration:Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E GamingCPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900XGPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra GamingRAM: G.Skill 16 GB 2x8GB Trident Z RGB, DDR4 3600MHzPSU: Corsair...
  6. PC crashing when gaming

PC crashing when gaming: Hello, I have an annoying crashing problem. Here is my description of the situation. PC configuration:Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E GamingCPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900XGPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra GamingRAM: G.Skill 16 GB 2x8GB Trident Z RGB, DDR4 3600MHzPSU: Corsair...
  7. PC crashes when downloading games and when running games.

PC crashes when downloading games and when running games.: My PC has recently started crashing more often when downloading large games such as GTA which is over 100gb and running games for a long time. I have a feeling something is overheating because my fans are not very decent and extremely loud. I’m unsure how to fix this....
  8. PC crashing when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing when gaming: Please can someone help me with my PC crashing when I play games. I can attach or download any programs that you may need for me to solve this issue. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashing-when-gaming/d0c550ce-1db9-487b-990e-b39ce35b0918
  9. PC crashing when gaming

PC crashing when gaming: Please can someone help me with my PC crashing when I play games. I can attach or download any programs that you may need for me to solve this issue. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashing-when-gaming/d0c550ce-1db9-487b-990e-b39ce35b0918
  10. Pc crashing when downloading and playing games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc crashing when downloading and playing games: HeyMy computer recently crashed, and it will load up to windows but the thing is it is blue screening alot when i play a game. For some reason only minecraft java works for a bit then bsod. It is the memory management bsod but then when I try update Windows I setting >...