Windows 10: PC Crashes when Opening Applications

Discus and support PC Crashes when Opening Applications in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a complicated one. Here's the short version. Any time I attempt to open an application, my PC will crash. I have replaced my CPU cooler, both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JvSwizzle, Oct 24, 2021.

1. JvSwizzle Win User

PC Crashes when Opening Applications

This is a complicated one. Here's the short version. Any time I attempt to open an application, my PC will crash. I have replaced my CPU cooler, both my SSD's, and done 2 clean installs of Windows 10 to no solution. I can get to the desktop, go through settings, explore my drive, I can even open the Microsoft store and play a game downloaded from there.Since I've done the clean installs, the only other application available is Microsoft Edge, but as soon as it opens I get blue screened. These problems do not exist while in safe mode, which is how I can do this post now. I am hoping this is som

:)

JvSwizzle, Oct 24, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 24, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 24, 2021
  4. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

1. PC Crashes when Opening Applications - Similar Threads - Crashes Opening Applications

2. Pc crashes when opening games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashes when opening games.: I open a game like csgo get into the lobby and it crashes. I checked Mai afterburner and it’s getting 936 mV and the gpu mhz is 1815 and memory is at 7000mhz stable. Also cpu is running stable. So is there any way that it could be my psu? I’m just wondering what else it could...
  3. Pc crashes when opening games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc crashes when opening games.: I open a game like csgo get into the lobby and it crashes. I checked Mai afterburner and it’s getting 936 mV and the gpu mhz is 1815 and memory is at 7000mhz stable. Also cpu is running stable. So is there any way that it could be my psu? I’m just wondering what else it could...
  4. Roblox sometimes crash when I open the application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Roblox sometimes crash when I open the application: Hi, I'm using roblox but i downloaded on microsoft store sometimes when it loads and crash please help.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-sometimes-crash-when-i-open-the-application/b5a8de47-eed2-4757-a9df-3094c09cdcce
  5. Roblox sometimes crash when I open the application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox sometimes crash when I open the application: Hi, I'm using roblox but i downloaded on microsoft store sometimes when it loads and crash please help.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-sometimes-crash-when-i-open-the-application/b5a8de47-eed2-4757-a9df-3094c09cdcce
  6. Roblox sometimes crash when I open the application

7. Com Server Application crashing pc when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Com Server Application crashing pc when gaming: Hi, thank you for taking the time to read this. Sometimes when I'm gaming my entire pc will crash and will have this warning in Event Viewer right before crashing. It says I can change permissions via Component Services but I don't know how to.The application-specific...
  8. PC Crashes when Opening Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes when Opening Applications: This is a complicated one. Here's the short version. Any time I attempt to open an application, my PC will crash. I have replaced my CPU cooler, both my SSD's, and done 2 clean installs of Windows 10 to no solution. I can get to the desktop, go through settings, explore my...
  9. PC Crashes when Opening Applications

PC Crashes when Opening Applications: This is a complicated one. Here's the short version. Any time I attempt to open an application, my PC will crash. I have replaced my CPU cooler, both my SSD's, and done 2 clean installs of Windows 10 to no solution. I can get to the desktop, go through settings, explore my...
  10. Application instantly crashes when open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Application instantly crashes when open: I just downloaded Roblox from the Microsoft Store, but the Roblox application somehow crashes in 3 seconds and don't know why. So I checked the events log then I noticed this: Faulting application name: Windows10Universal.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f35b71d...