Windows 10: Pc crashes when playing games- it says monitor disconnected, but i still have audio from my...

Discus and support Pc crashes when playing games- it says monitor disconnected, but i still have audio from my... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When playing games on my pc, it often crashes my computer. this can be really frustrating as its my way of relaxing and its annoying when i crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LimCr3, Oct 10, 2020.

1. LimCr3 Win User

Pc crashes when playing games- it says monitor disconnected, but i still have audio from my...

When playing games on my pc, it often crashes my computer. this can be really frustrating as its my way of relaxing and its annoying when i crashes quite frequently. i did some research and it said to look at the windows reliability history which i did. it always displays a 'live kernel error' but it doesnt always display the same number. I dont know what the differences are but for example i have gotten; 141,117,193. Again im not sure what the difference between the 3 are but i always get them when playing games.

this is the report of the error '141':

Source

Windows

Summary

Hardware error

Date

‎10/‎10/‎2020 16:06

Status

Not reported

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffff858318b68460

Parameter 2: fffff80150d7c188

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 52c

OS version: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 2057

My pc is fairly new only being purchased a few months ago end of july to be specific.

Specs:

Ryzen 7 3700x

2070 super

Msi b450 tomohawk max

16gb ram

500gb ssd

:)

LimCr3, Oct 10, 2020

2. Windows Audio Crashes

My audio stops working when ever a mic is turned on.

On login, audio output works normally, however, when ever any mic is used, both audio input and output crash and a red x shows up on the taskbar audio icon.

It seems the Windows Audio service is what crashes.

After the first crash, the audio does not come back no matter what I do until I restart my pc.

I can replicate this with the following steps:

1. Login to pc
      • audio output working fine
    2. Open sound settings, opens to playback tab
      • audio still fine and also able to play test sounds
    3. Click on Recording Tab
      • The sound feedback indicator on the right side is missing
      • The window freezes, error window appears about DLL crash
      • If there is no connected or enabled recording device, nothing happens everything else seem to run normally
    4. Proceed to follow various trouble shooting steps
      • Some troubleshooting steps seems to get rid of the red x on the taskbar volume icon
      • The recording tab in the sound settings is also now accessible
      • However things may seem fine at first, audio input/output is still not working and playing a test sound fails.

Solutions I've Tried:

• DISM (ended with no errors)
    • sfc /scannow (found corrupted files, required restart)
    • Restarting Windows Audio Service (results in err 1061, service then gets stuck on stopping)
    • Disabling and re-enabling audio drivers
    • Reinstalling audio drivers from manufacturers site
    • Using windows generic audio drivers
    • Restarting my PC
    As you can see, I've spent a lot of time trying to fix this issue and it is starting to get really frustrating.

Reetik2000, Oct 10, 2020
  3. The-Rev Win User
    Play game audio from phone to PC when using Your Phone app

Is there a way to play audio from games to your PC while using the Your Phone app? For instance, I play a few of those idle clicker type games... And the games display fine from phone to PC... But the audio plays on the phone and I don't know how I
    can get it to play on my PC instead. Is there a way? Or if not... Maybe Microsoft can add it to their to-do list?

The-Rev, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Pc crashes when playing games- it says monitor disconnected, but i still have audio from my...

HDMI to DVI Monitor Will Not Play Audio

This is complicated. I started out having a simple television monitor, connected to a VGA cable to my computer. Recently, I decided to have dual monitors. I got an HDMI cable and a HDMI to DVI converter because my computer doesn't have a HDMI port. After
    plugging everything in, setting up, I had two monitors: the television, and a secondary screen. Putting audio through right from the pc works, or simply plugging earphones into the audio jack on the computer. The television, however, does not play sound anymore.
    I updated, disabled, did everything for the drivers. Didn't seem to work. I'm not sure if I should still connect the audio cable from the television to the back of the computer, since HDMI cables support both audio and video. When I right click playback devices,
    and check disabled and disconnected devices, HDMI does not show up at all. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Do I need an audio cable, or is the HDMI cable enough?

I'm currently using the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on an HP Pavilion Desktop Computer.

Thanks! Any help will be appreciated!

ThomasChen_395, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Pc crashes when playing games- it says monitor disconnected, but i still have audio from my...

1. Pc crashes when playing games- it says monitor disconnected, but i still have audio from my... - Similar Threads - crashes playing games

2. when closing games or sometimes when playing them pc either crashes or monitor says no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when closing games or sometimes when playing them pc either crashes or monitor says no...: this is an issue ive been having for a while now, probably 1 or 2 years, however when i was away at university i was playing on a wireless connection and very rarely if ever experienced these issues, but anywhere i play with an ethernet cable it seems to cause multiple game...
  3. when closing games or sometimes when playing them pc either crashes or monitor says no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when closing games or sometimes when playing them pc either crashes or monitor says no...: this is an issue ive been having for a while now, probably 1 or 2 years, however when i was away at university i was playing on a wireless connection and very rarely if ever experienced these issues, but anywhere i play with an ethernet cable it seems to cause multiple game...
  4. PC crashing when I play games.

PC crashing when I play games.: My computer has been experiencing consistent crashes at random times over the past few months. Usually while playing games and I have noticed my cpu usage does spike but I have trouble shot this issue many of time’s now and still haven’t figured out a solution. I believe the...
  5. PC crashing when I play games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing when I play games.: My computer has been experiencing consistent crashes at random times over the past few months. Usually while playing games and I have noticed my cpu usage does spike but I have trouble shot this issue many of time’s now and still haven’t figured out a solution. I believe the...
  6. My Pc Crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Pc Crashing when playing games: ** PC Fully Crashes****Windows 10****Graphics Card gets quite hot****Photos Linked below Of What happens****I play 2-3 or 6-7 Min before crashing****The blue ring on the top is off and have to Switch my PC Off and on to turn it back on**Any help please...
  7. My Pc Crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc Crashing when playing games: ** PC Fully Crashes****Windows 10****Graphics Card gets quite hot****Photos Linked below Of What happens****I play 2-3 or 6-7 Min before crashing****The blue ring on the top is off and have to Switch my PC Off and on to turn it back on**Any help please...
  8. My Pc Crashing when playing games

9. Pc crashes with a random or monitor suddenly disconnects when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc crashes with a random or monitor suddenly disconnects when gaming: I have been trying to fix this issue but it was working like normal last week it only crashes or monitor randomly disconnects when launching the game or after like 30 minutes here are the things I already did to fix the issue- running SFC- memory diagnostic no problems at...
  10. My PC crashes when I play a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC crashes when I play a game: Since i've made the last Windows 10 adapt, when I play a game Rainbow six siege my PC crashes a few minutes later about ten minutes later. But when it crashes, it does not realy crash, suddenly I hear a weird scrambled sound and my screen is totaly frozen. I can not do...