Windows 10: PC crashes when starts game or media encoding

Discus and support PC crashes when starts game or media encoding in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 3rd party software bluescreenview shows ntoskrnl.exe underlined red. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and it went fine. Ran System File Checker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gleb_E, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Gleb_E Win User

PC crashes when starts game or media encoding

3rd party software bluescreenview shows ntoskrnl.exe underlined red. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and it went fine. Ran System File Checker that fixed some files but w/out result. Ran windows update also. After all of that tried driver verifier and pc crashed during reboot right after that. Minidumps here:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avx2Wv94LBNsgl_QXox6bJqVYJpK?e=tGYvou

:)

Gleb_E, Sep 5, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Wile E Win User
    Video Encoder for HD Content

Np. Glad I could help. Media Coder is my primary encoder.

Wile E, Sep 5, 2020
  4. PC crashes when starts game or media encoding

Game crashing.

Hi Nini,

The error message that you received when you played the game means that the graphics card driver needs an update. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics card driver by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your display adapter, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics
      card and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the display adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You may also run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Loraine Mon, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

PC crashes when starts game or media encoding

1. PC crashes when starts game or media encoding - Similar Threads - crashes starts game

2. PC is crashing when starting games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is crashing when starting games: Hello,My PC is crashing when playing or starting up games on Steam. When it first happened it crashed to desktop, now it is crashing to a blue screen and restarting. And oddly when it restarts my monitors remain black until I turn off my main monitor and then the second...
  3. PC is crashing when starting games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is crashing when starting games: Hello,My PC is crashing when playing or starting up games on Steam. When it first happened it crashed to desktop, now it is crashing to a blue screen and restarting. And oddly when it restarts my monitors remain black until I turn off my main monitor and then the second...
  4. PC crashing when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing when gaming: Please can someone help me with my PC crashing when I play games. I can attach or download any programs that you may need for me to solve this issue. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashing-when-gaming/d0c550ce-1db9-487b-990e-b39ce35b0918
  5. PC crashing when gaming

PC crashing when gaming: Please can someone help me with my PC crashing when I play games. I can attach or download any programs that you may need for me to solve this issue. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashing-when-gaming/d0c550ce-1db9-487b-990e-b39ce35b0918
  6. My pc crashes when i start a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc crashes when i start a game.: Hi,When i start my pc it works fine and there is no problem until i open steam and start rainbow six siege and on the loading screen it freezes and crashes with every time new error code for example.0xc00021a0x00000e9And some time with a message loke system file eror and some...
  7. My pc crashes when i start a game.

My pc crashes when i start a game.: Hi,When i start my pc it works fine and there is no problem until i open steam and start rainbow six siege and on the loading screen it freezes and crashes with every time new error code for example.0xc00021a0x00000e9And some time with a message loke system file eror and some...
  8. PC crashes when playing games, boot media not found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when playing games, boot media not found.: My PC freezes, then bluescreens, after playing any game. What happens is I load up my game, play for a bit, then everything freezes for about 2 minutes. It then blue screens, after which it tries to restart, but gets stuck on a boot disk/drive not found. To fix this, I turn...
  9. System crashes when Media Creation tool starts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System crashes when Media Creation tool starts: I use MediaCreationTool2004.exe on my Lenovo laptop runningWindows 10, version 2004. When I launch it, the systemkeeps crashing and thenrestarting. I get an Event ID 41 and Task Category 63....
  10. Games Crash When Started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Crash When Started: I just got a PC and i bought a new game the first day i got my gaming PC, Called Rainbow Six Siege And When It finished downloading i went to start it and crashed/stopped running I tried to change the game to Windows 7 and it didn't work help please....