Windows 10: PC crashes when trying to connect Nintendo switch pro controller

Discus and support PC crashes when trying to connect Nintendo switch pro controller in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This started after installing the newest windows 10 update (at the time of posting this) before this it just wouldn't connect. The crash was a BSoD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ToreGQ, Jan 20, 2019.

1. ToreGQ Win User

PC crashes when trying to connect Nintendo switch pro controller

This started after installing the newest windows 10 update (at the time of posting this) before this it just wouldn't connect. The crash was a BSoD with the message UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP.

:)

ToreGQ, Jan 20, 2019

2. Nintendo Switch Dock

I found out that I can connect HDMI cables to my HP Pavilion x360. I connected my Nintendo Switch dock, but it wasn't recognized. The little light on the dock was flashing though. Does it have anything to do with projecting to the PC? Is it even possible
    to connect a Nintendo Switch to my PC? If so, how?

Alexander JustRektYou, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Nintendo switch pro controller showing under the wrong category in bluetooth settings

So when i connect my nintendo switch pro controller to my pc using bluetooth it appears under "other devices" and not "mouse, keyboard & pen". When it is under other devices it is basically useless because it isn't detected by steam. So how do i get it
    to show under mous, keyboard & pen?

KalleTuomisto, Jan 20, 2019
  4. PC crashes when trying to connect Nintendo switch pro controller

Nintendo switch

Hi Braeleigh, I’m sorry to say but if your computer doesn’t’ have an HDMI input, you will not be able to connect the Nintendo switch to your computer.

For further assistance, inform me the make and model of your PC.

Nicky Radonskiy, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

PC crashes when trying to connect Nintendo switch pro controller

1. PC crashes when trying to connect Nintendo switch pro controller - Similar Threads - crashes trying connect

2. No Inputs from connected Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Inputs from connected Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Win11: I've been trying to get my switch pro controller Specifically the HORI model [Shows up as "HORI Wireless Switch Pad" on my pc ] to work on my pc not for steam just normally. It does show up in the Bluetooth & Devices and the HID-Compliant Game Controller driver is installed....
  3. No Inputs from connected Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Inputs from connected Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Win11: I've been trying to get my switch pro controller Specifically the HORI model [Shows up as "HORI Wireless Switch Pad" on my pc ] to work on my pc not for steam just normally. It does show up in the Bluetooth & Devices and the HID-Compliant Game Controller driver is installed....
  4. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Not detected or Not connecting

in Windows 10 News
    Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Not detected or Not connecting: [ATTACH]Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers have these behemoth buttons that attract loads of gamers. However, as per some reports, Switch Pro Controller is not detected or not connecting. In this article, we are going to talk about this issue in detail and see what should be...
  5. Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth: I can pair my Nintendo switch pro controller and it will be automatically setup by windows, however if I turn the controller off and on again, it doesn't reconnect. To reconnect, I have to remove the device and pair it again. How can I make the controller automatically...
  6. Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth: I can pair my Nintendo switch pro controller and it will be automatically setup by windows, however if I turn the controller off and on again, it doesn't reconnect. To reconnect, I have to remove the device and pair it again. How can I make the controller automatically...
  7. Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Nintendo Switch Controller not recognized by PC

Nintendo Switch Controller not recognized by PC: Help I wanted to use my switch controller on PC but it won't be recognized. It works on my Windows 8.1 but not my Windows 10.l I checked device management and there is no indication that it is even plugged in....
  9. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller doesn't connect via Bluetooth

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller doesn't connect via Bluetooth: Greetings, As per title, my controller Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is not connecting to my PC via bluetooth. All online walkthroughs i came through cover cases where either the controller doesn't connect via bluetooth nor cable, or it connects fine with both. In my case,...
  10. Nintendo Switch Pro controller and Nintendo Gamecube PowerA Controller connection issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nintendo Switch Pro controller and Nintendo Gamecube PowerA Controller connection issues.: My problem is that my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller can't seem to connect to software such as Steam, but is recognized as a device. And, my GameCube PowerA controller won't connect at all to my new HP Pavilion desktop when it connected to my much older Dell Inspirion....