Windows 10: PC crashes when trying to launch certain game

Discus and support PC crashes when trying to launch certain game in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every since i upgraded to windows 11 when i start Destiny 2 or Fortnite my PC crashes and gives me an error DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peyton JamesMoran, Dec 6, 2021.

1. PC crashes when trying to launch certain game

Every since i upgraded to windows 11 when i start Destiny 2 or Fortnite my PC crashes and gives me an error DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED. I can reinstall games and they will work for a bit then start crashing the pc again. Verifying files makes no difference

:)

Peyton JamesMoran, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Zaki_j Win User

Forza Horizon 3 Crash on Gameplay

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that Forza Horizon 3 keeps crashing.

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I suggest you refer and follow the steps mentioned in the article and check if that resolves the issue. Refer to the article
    My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Dec 6, 2021
  3. Minecraft game crashes on launch

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

• Are you getting any error message when the Minecraft game crashes?

You may try repairing the game from the Control Panel and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Refer the link below for steps to repair a program on Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/repair-or-remove-programs#v1h=tab02

Further make sure all pending updates are installed on the computer and also check the Event Viewer logs at the time when the game crashes.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Dec 6, 2021
  4. PC crashes when trying to launch certain game

PC crashing during certain games

When playing certain games on my pc it will crash to flash blue screen then nothing computer still on but black screen.

It does it some times with The Witcher 3 and a new game called prominence poker crashes it every time, will work for a few minutes then crash.

I've looked in the events log and lots of event 41 kernel power, I have looked on internet trying to find some info without much clear success.

Other games run fine like Xcom 2 , Dark souls 3 and many more.

I'm running windows 10

i5-46905k cpu

16 gig ram

2x AMD R9 290 ( I have tried with crossfire mode on and off

any thoughts would be appreciated

Freakyfelon., Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

PC crashes when trying to launch certain game

1. PC crashes when trying to launch certain game - Similar Threads - crashes trying launch

2. PC crashes when launching most games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when launching most games: It first started out with being unable to launch Genshin/Honkai Star Rail; both would crash or sometimes even crash the PC. Now it just crashes the PC, and it has begun to affect less intensive games like the Google Play Games emulator and Lethal Company. If I just stick to...
  3. PC crashes when launching most games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes when launching most games: It first started out with being unable to launch Genshin/Honkai Star Rail; both would crash or sometimes even crash the PC. Now it just crashes the PC, and it has begun to affect less intensive games like the Google Play Games emulator and Lethal Company. If I just stick to...
  4. PC crashes when launching most games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My PC crashes when I launch certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC crashes when I launch certain games: There are some games that work just fine but there are others that just crash as soon as I open them.I have brought my pc into best buy where I bought it to get it checked out because I had this problem before but now it's back I don't know how to fix my pc....
  6. My PC crashes when I launch certain games

My PC crashes when I launch certain games: There are some games that work just fine but there are others that just crash as soon as I open them.I have brought my pc into best buy where I bought it to get it checked out because I had this problem before but now it's back I don't know how to fix my pc....
  7. My PC crashes when I launch certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. PC crashes when launching a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when launching a game: Issue is self explanatory, whenever I launch a game the pc blue screens giving the stopcode: BAD POOL CALLER, OR KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION.things I tried:updating/rolling back graphics card drivers.scanning SSD health.doing a system memory health check.uninstalling anything...
  9. PC crashes when launching a game

PC crashes when launching a game: Issue is self explanatory, whenever I launch a game the pc blue screens giving the stopcode: BAD POOL CALLER, OR KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION.things I tried:updating/rolling back graphics card drivers.scanning SSD health.doing a system memory health check.uninstalling anything...
  10. PC crashes when trying to launch certain game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when trying to launch certain game: Every since i upgraded to windows 11 when i start Destiny 2 or Fortnite my PC crashes and gives me an error DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED. I can reinstall games and they will work for a bit then start crashing the pc again. Verifying files makes no difference...