Windows 10: PC crashes whenever I have Xbox game bar open for around 10 minutes

Discus and support PC crashes whenever I have Xbox game bar open for around 10 minutes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; whenever I use the Xbox game bar to talk with friends or use Xbox features, my PC usually crashes within 10 minutes after opening up the Xbox game bar.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/REALNoGameNoGain, Nov 29, 2020.

1. PC crashes whenever I have Xbox game bar open for around 10 minutes

whenever I use the Xbox game bar to talk with friends or use Xbox features, my PC usually crashes within 10 minutes after opening up the Xbox game bar. I have tested this theory after going without the Xbox game bar for 5 days and it only crashed once. When I switch back to using the Xbox game bar, I come across the same issue that I had been running into before I stopped using it. I have tested other things, such as only keeping the window of whatever application I am using open, and nothing seemed to change anything except for the Xbox game bar. My PC will run perfectly fine, but then it will freeze up and then the screen usually flickers from no display to either the application's frozen screen, a white screen, or a black screen, none of which I can interact with at all or change. If I wait it out, very rarely my Radeon bug report system will close the application and then give me a prompt that lets me fill out a bug report. this issue has persisted since I have gotten the PC around 2 years ago, but I began using it a great amount more within the last year or so. I have googled this issue and have found no results, but a few similar issues regarding other applications that also cause poeple's PCs to crash after around 10 minutes or so. I have checked for any malware as well, and my PC is perfectly fine with no issues except for this one Xbox game bar issue. any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/REALNoGameNoGain
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/REALNoGameNoGain, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar Xbox

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Brink, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

PC crashes whenever I have Xbox game bar open for around 10 minutes

New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

PC crashes whenever I have Xbox game bar open for around 10 minutes

1. PC crashes whenever I have Xbox game bar open for around 10 minutes - Similar Threads - crashes whenever Xbox

2. Xbox game bar not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar not opening: So I wanted to record a video with my friend but the Xbox gamebar wasn't opening I tried to open it in other ways hit didn't work. Cana Nyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/ffc020b9-ee9c-4393-90e2-dea650b9e98a
  3. Xbox game bar crashes games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar crashes games: When I play any game from anywhere on my PC, if anyone sends me a party invite or message or anything, or if I press the shortcut to open Xbox game bar windows+g it will crash any games I was playing at the time. Sometimes crashing so bad that I'm forced to hard reset my PC....
  4. Xbox game bar crashes games

Xbox game bar crashes games: When I play any game from anywhere on my PC, if anyone sends me a party invite or message or anything, or if I press the shortcut to open Xbox game bar windows+g it will crash any games I was playing at the time. Sometimes crashing so bad that I'm forced to hard reset my PC....
  5. Xbox Game bar not opening

Xbox Game bar not opening: My Xbox game bar is not opening and it says "ms-gamingoverlay - You'll Need a New App to Open This MS Gaming Overlay" please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/2311a1e3-b2ea-4118-952d-98b972958c98
  6. Xbox Game bar not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar not opening: My Xbox game bar is not opening and it says "ms-gamingoverlay - You'll Need a New App to Open This MS Gaming Overlay" please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/2311a1e3-b2ea-4118-952d-98b972958c98
  7. Xbox Game Bar not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game Bar not opening: Hi, I have installed windows 10 version 1909 two months ago. After one month, I updated Xbox Game Bar to version 5.721.9022.0. But after updating it won't start after pressing Win+G. So I have to open task manager and end task of Game Bar in background processes. But after...
  8. Xbox Game Bar not opening

Xbox Game Bar not opening: Hi, I have installed windows 10 version 1909 two months ago. After one month, I updated Xbox Game Bar to version 5.721.9022.0. But after updating it won't start after pressing Win+G. So I have to open task manager and end task of Game Bar in background processes. But after...
  9. Can't Open XBox Game Bar on PC

Can't Open XBox Game Bar on PC: Hi All I have Windows 10 Pro and I can't open the Game Bar. I'm pressing Win+G to open, but nothing happens. Even if I go to Start and click XBox Game Bar the program just doesn't load. Any ideas of where to start to rectify this please? Many thanks, Kevin...
  10. Xbox Game Bar not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game Bar not Opening: Hi, Whenever I try launch Xbox Game Bar, it doesn't do anything. If I search game bar in the search bar, I can click on the app repeatedly and nothing happens. When I enable it in Game DVR it turns itself off again. When I change the registry values "GameDVR_Enabled" and...