Windows 10: pc crashes while gaming (due to ssd?)

Discus and support pc crashes while gaming (due to ssd?) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; os number: 19041.450 hello everyone, my problem: my pc randomly freezes (usually while gaming) and then restarts itself. my idea would be that it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Xase, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Xase Win User

pc crashes while gaming (due to ssd?)

os number: 19041.450

hello everyone,
    my problem: my pc randomly freezes (usually while gaming) and then restarts itself. my idea would be that it has to do with my ssd. usually when i use cc cleaner and trim my ssd my pc doesnt crash. however, my ssd doesnt trim auotmatically and when checking if it wants optimalization, it sometimes want to be optimalized every few minutes. do you have any suggestions on how to fix this, or any other suggestion that could fix my crashing problem?

of course, it could be something else causing the crashes. however, after a crash my ssd always needs optimalization, most likely even before the crash but i cant check that 24/7.

already tried a soft windows redownload (saved settings and documents)

thanks in advance.

:)

2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Have you installed Windows in SSD or in HDD?
    • How are you moving the applications to SSD?
    • What is the error code/message you get when the computer crashes?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Storeand see
    if that helps in resolving the issue.

You can also, download the Chipset and Storage drivers from the manufacturer website of the motherboard and update them.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 22, 2020
  4. pc crashes while gaming (due to ssd?)

Games from Store crashed when installed on SSD

I wanted to install Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 on SSD but they crashed with black screen and then shut down. Other games such as
    Origin or Steam work
    without problem. I tried to download Sea Of Thieves on
    my HDD and then moved it to the SSD,
    the games also crashed and the PC crashed while moving the games.

Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB, Intel Core i7 - 4770K

Kurtis Howington, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

pc crashes while gaming (due to ssd?)

1. pc crashes while gaming (due to ssd?) - Similar Threads - crashes while gaming

2. PC Crashed While Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashed While Gaming: Hi All, I was playing a game on my PC when all of a sudden the screens went pixelated and then black, followed by the restart sequence. I have never had this happen to me on this PC while gaming. Specs:CPU: i7-12700K No OCRam: Corsair 32GB DDR5 OCMotherboard: GIGABYTE Z690...
  3. pc crashing while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc crashing while gaming: my pc just keeps crashing. I don’t know why but it mostly happens while gaming. I have installed the latest drivers for my gpu. Some square pixels get discolored and then it freezes, my monitor goes black and then I have to restart...
  4. pc crash while gaming

pc crash while gaming: Hi, i have a brand new pc, and lately i have this issue:while im playing games at some point like 10 minutes after i start to play the audio start to stutter and immediately after that my pc crashes, and restarts by itself. I had this issue once when i was rendering a project...
  5. PC crashing while gaming

PC crashing while gaming: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎10/‎10/‎2021 OS build 22000.258 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.258.0 Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  6. PC crashing while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing while gaming: So my PC was crashing for a while, sent it in for repairs to Skytech Gaming, and the crashing would only happen while on a browser and it was Adguard I know I'm stupid for downloading it After weeks of waiting I got it back and now this is happening but for some reason it...
  7. PC crashing while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing while gaming: For the past month, every time I try to play a game, my PC crashes after 10 - 20 minutes with a BSOD. It's not specific to any game as I tried multiple games and they all crash after a while, but some take longer than others. I already tried to completely reset my PC, but it...
  8. PC Crashes While Gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes While Gaming: I am using Windows 10 Education, Build 19042.630 While gaming, my PC will shut down sometimes. It is not the temps. Here is a pcpartpicker link to my current hardware. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Boots/saved/#view=skdTnQ Going to the event viewer, I find the...
  9. Pc Crash While Gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc Crash While Gaming: hello i have an rtx2060 with a i79700f and my pc keeps randomly crashing. ive updated the graphics drivers made sure everything’s in place correctly and made sure the wires are connected. it’s frustrating because it even crashes while playing osu! and overwatch. please help...
  10. PC crashing while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing while gaming: Hi, lately my PC stated to crash while i'm playing games, i don't know why this happening, but i think its related to my recent SSD upgrade.. heres the DAMP files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqBUd6RYu4jPmlLV-MFNSXiO4SL9 Thank you for the help....