Windows 10: PC Crashes While Gaming, error 0xC0000005

Discus and support PC Crashes While Gaming, error 0xC0000005 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As of lately, my computer will crash randomly while playing mostly graphically intensive games. I can do normal things on my PC all day long and play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DrZoo, Nov 12, 2015.

1. DrZoo Win User

PC Crashes While Gaming, error 0xC0000005

As of lately, my computer will crash randomly while playing mostly graphically intensive games. I can do normal things on my PC all day long and play low end games with pretty much no problem. As soon as I play GTA 5, BF4, or something of that graphic capability the application will crash. Sometimes within a few minutes, but mostly within a 15-30 min period.

Quite frequently, the Runescape Client (queue jokes) window will randomly close too. I kind of feel like this is the same issue going on. However, with this being much less graphically intense, it happens less frequently or takes longer for a crash to occur.

99% of the time I get the same 0xC0000005 error (means the program has attempted to access memory that it shouldn't. ), on rare occasions it will BSOD with a 1A MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error or a 4E PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

This has become extremely annoying and I don't quite know where to pinpoint the problem, and all of these seem to be memory related issues. Due to the fact that it mostly happens with graphically intense games, I want to point my finger at my video card.

I was wondering what ideas you guys might have? I thought about stress testing my video card to see if it will crash again. I don't really know how to strictly test the memory of a video card, but that was my best guess. Below are the troubleshooting tips I have tried, as well as links to pictures from Event Viewer, Bluescreenview, and debug reports from WinDBG for the 1A and 4E errors are attached.

Troubleshooting steps I have done are:
    • Tried reverting back to the last "most stable" driver for my GPU (Clean Install)
    • Updated video drivers to the latest version (Clean install)
    • Checked my SSD for errors using software from the vendor (Don't believe this is an issue because two games are on different disks, and the same thing happens)
    • Checked my RAM with memtest86 for 24 hours (Did this twice now)
    • Scanned for malware, no threats found
    • Used CCleaner to clean crap off of my computer
    • Ensured Windows was fully up-to-date with the latest critical and optional patches

Pictures:
    Imgur

:)

DrZoo, Nov 12, 2015

2. 0xc0000005 game crashes

Um, no offence man but I have no idea what you're trying to tell me. I'm 100% sure that the game itself is not the issue since I haven't been able to find any threads that talk about this specific exception code causing them crashes. This same exception
    code has appeared with other games as well (Battlefield 1 and Just Cause 3 to name a couple) and I cannot find threads discussing my issue there either.

My OS software has always been 64bit.

Underdrill, Nov 12, 2015
  3. 0xc0000005 game crashes

Recently I have been getting a lot of crashes in various titles with the exact same exception code causing the crashes every time, and I have no idea how to fix them. An example of the crash log is below. Any help would be most appreciated.

Faulting application name: hitman.exe, version: 1.8.0.0, time stamp: 0x586ca90d

Faulting module name: hitman.exe, version: 1.8.0.0, time stamp: 0x586ca90d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000044ed6e0

Faulting process id: 0x2894

Faulting application start time: 0x01d27987c49e2fdb

Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Hitman™\retail\hitman.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Hitman™\retail\hitman.exe

Report Id: b6a9c21f-0625-4a3e-89f2-0e652a51009c

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Underdrill, Nov 12, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi DrZoo,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please make sure Ccleaner is configured for dump files to NOT remove them &
    Please read BSOD Posting Instructions

PC Crashes While Gaming, error 0xC0000005 [​IMG]

Thema:

1. PC Crashes While Gaming, error 0xC0000005 - Similar Threads - Crashes While Gaming

2. Game keeps crashing error 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game keeps crashing error 0xc0000005: Apex Legends keeps crashing mid game with error 0xc0000005. No matter what I do I can't seem to fix this.I've also had Apex freeze mid game forcing me to kill it on my second monitor with task manager. I occasionally will get a message box saying Apex crashed because it ran...
  3. Game keeps crashing error 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game keeps crashing error 0xc0000005: Apex Legends keeps crashing mid game with error 0xc0000005. No matter what I do I can't seem to fix this.I've also had Apex freeze mid game forcing me to kill it on my second monitor with task manager. I occasionally will get a message box saying Apex crashed because it ran...
  4. pc crashing while gaming

pc crashing while gaming: my pc just keeps crashing. I don’t know why but it mostly happens while gaming. I have installed the latest drivers for my gpu. Some square pixels get discolored and then it freezes, my monitor goes black and then I have to restart...
  5. PC crashing while gaming

PC crashing while gaming: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎10/‎10/‎2021 OS build 22000.258 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.258.0 Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  6. PC Crashes While Gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes While Gaming: I am using Windows 10 Education, Build 19042.630 While gaming, my PC will shut down sometimes. It is not the temps. Here is a pcpartpicker link to my current hardware. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Boots/saved/#view=skdTnQ Going to the event viewer, I find the...
  7. Error 0xc0000005 causing crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc0000005 causing crashes: Hey Ive had this error 0xc0000005 crashing all my games before, and after trying two weeks on fixing it i gave up and bought a new gpu thinking it would fix anything. However, after working fine for a week, yet again my games are crashing and showing errorcode 0xc0000005 in...
  8. Games crashing because of error 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing because of error 0xc0000005: Hey Guys. Recently all of my games started crashing after some time or sometimes instantly. Forza Horizon 4 always crashed after loading in or a few seconds after starting to drive avg 150 FPS before Microsoft Flight SImulator 2020 either crashes on startup, when...
  9. Random apps and games crashes with error 0xc0000005 and blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random apps and games crashes with error 0xc0000005 and blue screens: Since the end of July 2019 my apps and games (including windows services) have been crashing randomly, the windows event log lists these crashes with error 0xc0000005, here's an example for the game Verdun (other apps and games crash with the same error): Faulting...
  10. Error: 0xc0000005, while updating the PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error: 0xc0000005, while updating the PC: Why is Windows 10 now blocking me from accessing the options to turn Update on or off in Services. I can't choose any of the options. This is AFTER I disabled it on multiple occasions only to have it turn back on. It stayed off for over a week this last time but it started...