Windows 10: Pc crashes with a different solid screen or sometimes I can still hear game sounds

Discus and support Pc crashes with a different solid screen or sometimes I can still hear game sounds in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got ton of issues since I move in my room I can't play games or anything I can only use it for school I tried a lot of things to fix the damn issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Flappythecrafterust, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Pc crashes with a different solid screen or sometimes I can still hear game sounds

I got ton of issues since I move in my room I can't play games or anything I can only use it for school I tried a lot of things to fix the damn issue but it always happens I'm tired of it please give me tips how to fix it I can't take it to a repair shop because my mom would say no because the crash is related to games.

:)

Flappythecrafterust, Sep 16, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 16, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 16, 2021
  4. Acex86 Win User

Pc crashes with a different solid screen or sometimes I can still hear game sounds

PC 'Crashes' - Still Hear Sound and Move Mouse Until Fully Crashes

I had the same issue. So i can confirm this report is correct.
    Crashes for me:
    1.) heavy loading/processing that lag the inputs.. with another heavy loading after it may re create this. blackscreen with led indicators flashing or full shutdown.
    2.) hardware failure at startup usually IOMMU that failled to be managed correctly that can result in crash, blackscreen with led indicators flashing.
    I can only tell you to tweak your settings, messing with settings fixed it for me.
    Freeze on browsing and maybe some sounds that come directly from the mouse algorithm for me (the way that mouse speak with cpu - old school telephone like signals) and also other sound playing.

You tried to run a memtest ? You surely need to run a memtest.
    The only way to know if your memory timing is one of the faults is by checking it.
    The fastest way doing it is by using AIDA software and do a benchmark.
    If it does not crash on all the benchmarks everything is mostly fine on ram.
    I also suggest using the memtest of Ryzen Calculator.
    You should let the memtest run for at least 20 minutes.
    Most good configured rams have a drop every 15 minutes. That could be your problem cause it may drop an error at some loading creating bottleneck that later crash the system (that was my problem too, i rarely have crashing problems now and if i do is because windows don't manage correctly the hardware either on heavy loading or if a problem started when i booted the system, usually for me it is IOMMU faults, so it is related to Memory Integrity and virtualization).
    By tweaking with memory you can surely fix this.

For me that worked and i surely suggest this memtest first step.

Now i have to say if you have problems with games and the reports of crash is No Access.
    Disable Memory Integrity from Security Center.
    On the Exploit Protection module select the program and disable the DEP for it. ( Do this only for games that may fail as you play )
    If that does not fix your game crash it is a memory/loading problem.
    Some games have memory problems that make them crash on their own.
    That can be fixed by turning the cpu from synchronous mode to async mode (this will fix the heavy loading because it is not lagging the whole system while also trying to load more data) with the settings i suggested up here but its a temp fix for just this games don't use it like this for everything else, it will not fix the crash it's a memory workaround only that i worked with and fixed my problems for some time.

Acex86, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

Pc crashes with a different solid screen or sometimes I can still hear game sounds

1. Pc crashes with a different solid screen or sometimes I can still hear game sounds - Similar Threads - crashes different solid

2. My screen keeps going black while gaming but i can still hear audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen keeps going black while gaming but i can still hear audio: started about a week ago, where the screen will go black whilst gaming at random interavals but i can still hear audio. sometimes itll restart on its own and sometimes i will have to restart the computer from the on/off button. i have monitored CPU and GPU temps, GPU core...
  3. Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes: Hello,Been trying to deal with this issue for a while and have been working with Nvidia support as well.When playing certain games I will get a disconnect sound and then the screen will turn a solid color. After a few seconds the screen will turn off and then back on but...
  4. Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes: Hello,Been trying to deal with this issue for a while and have been working with Nvidia support as well.When playing certain games I will get a disconnect sound and then the screen will turn a solid color. After a few seconds the screen will turn off and then back on but...
  5. PC 'Crashes' - Still Hear Sound and Move Mouse Until Fully Crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    PC 'Crashes' - Still Hear Sound and Move Mouse Until Fully Crashes: Hello, Sorry if this is the wrong area for some help on this issue. My system spec I have just added to my profile. My problem tends to occur quite often whenever I leave my PC afk or even just playing low performance games/browsing (youtube) and such. So I know it is nothing...
  6. Games freeze on Windows 10 but I can still hear sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games freeze on Windows 10 but I can still hear sound.: I have a Intel Core i7 9750h rtx 2060 laptop and whenever I open certain games like genshin impact or I use a emulator like cemu, they will work for 5 minutes and then crash. My temps are fine and Minecraft works fine for some reason. Can anyone help me? submitted by...
  7. PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound: Hello, Please can anyone help... I'm learning this. This is my first build with my dad's help I just built my pc around Christmas. here are my specs: B450 Tomahawk Max Ryzen 5 3600X RX 5700 16 Gb Ram - 2x8gb DDR4 I don't know what happened. Ever since the built, I...
  8. My pc crashes while gaming i can hear sound. Event Logs Says like this.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pc crashes while gaming i can hear sound. Event Logs Says like this.: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 1/20/2020 2:37:38 PM Event ID: 55 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Z-10 Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume...
  9. Computer Monitor losses signal, can still hear sounds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Monitor losses signal, can still hear sounds.: Hello, For about a year now my computer does this thing where it losses signal to the monitor and the sound in the game or the discord server im in is still playing. Sometimes the sound freezes a bit after I lose the display. Ive swapped everything but the MOBO, RAM and...
  10. Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!: (SOLVED) Sometimes I cannot hear sounds from games, browsers (all of them) and programs. The funny thing is that I can hear system sounds e.g. when I change the sound level. Solution: My desktop PC has 4 users. To describe the solution, I must write the scenario...