Windows 10: PC crashes with no dump files

Discus and support PC crashes with no dump files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built a brand new computer a few months ago and have been having random crashes. I am usually playing a game, and using multiple browser windows,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Josh_2_, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Josh_2_ Win User

PC crashes with no dump files

I built a brand new computer a few months ago and have been having random crashes. I am usually playing a game, and using multiple browser windows, Twitch and YouTube, all at the same time. My computer will mostly freeze. The game I'm playing will stop responding, the sound plays on loop. YouTube will stop playing, sometimes Twitch will continue playing audio but the browser and all tabs will be frozen so I can't change between tabs. I can hit windows key and pull up the start menu, but when I click on restart or shut down it doesn't do anything. Sometimes I can pull up the resources monitor,

:)

Josh_2_, Jun 2, 2021
  2. dig0 Win User

BSOD Help (also crashes without BSODs and dump files)

The rebooting issue I am suffering does not generate a blue screen or dump files. After doing some research, it was recommended that I try running Windows' driver reviewer to stress the drivers and potentially generate BSODs to gain some insight into what could be causing the aforementioned reboots. Once I began running reviewer, that is when I was able to create blue screens and the dump files that I attached to this post. Hopefully, they are pointing me in the right direction; however, I am a bit skeptical. Since I cannot seem to cause a reboot using cpu, ram, or gpu stress tests, I find it very difficult to pinpoint whether my problem is with hardware or software. I hope your suggestion to uninstall Panda fixes the problem, but only time will tell.

dig0, Jun 2, 2021
  3. Akhos1234 Win User
    PC Crash with Memory Dump File

Posted about this before, though this time I think I've narrowed down the problem. Just need someone to take a look at the memory dump file to confirm.

Basically my PC will sometimes randomly crash, just freezing and then the screen goes black but it just sits there with the fans humming. I have to hit the reset button to get it to restart, at which point it usually will run fine. It doesn't generate a
    memory dump file 95% of the time though (and a lot of the time the reliability monitor doesn't even detect a crash like a LiveKernelEvent or anything, it just says Windows was not shut down correctly from my reset), which makes diagnosing the crashes extremely
    difficult.

The last time it *did* produce a memory dump file, I posted about it here, and it apparently was some issue with the graphics card. I updated the driver and that had it running smoothly for about a week straight, but then the issues started happening again
    and I've been waiting for it to actually produce a memory dump file since then. My suspicion at the moment is the graphics card is what's randomly having issues which is causing the freezing and black screen (though still odd that windows isn't detecting the
    actual error most of the time), but I don't have an extra graphics card to test with right now. Hoping someone can take a look at the memory dump file and confirm that it was another error with the graphics card, and if so, I'll look into replacing it in the
    near future. The latest graphics driver was released in September, which is what I currently have.

Memory dump file link:

MEMORY

Akhos1234, Jun 2, 2021
  4. axe0 Win User

WinDBG - The Basics for Debugging Crash Dumps in Windows 10  

Please note that the tutorial is meant for system crash dumps, game crash dumps contain different information and thus not all the steps in the tutorial work for a game crash dump.

axe0, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

1. PC crashes with no dump files - Similar Threads - crashes dump files

2. pc crashing. dump file saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc crashing. dump file saved: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gMsbp1Gl6qzrf1B8B7bRy9Ob9tssYliy/view?usp=sharingMy new pc was acting strange while gaming iracing. I would get a micro stutter every few seconds. It was very rhythmic. Now the PC keeps crashing. A dump file was saved only once. system...
  3. pc crashing. dump file saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc crashing. dump file saved: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gMsbp1Gl6qzrf1B8B7bRy9Ob9tssYliy/view?usp=sharingMy new pc was acting strange while gaming iracing. I would get a micro stutter every few seconds. It was very rhythmic. Now the PC keeps crashing. A dump file was saved only once. system...
  4. Dump Files Assitance - PC Crashing At Random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dump Files Assitance - PC Crashing At Random: Good afternoon,My friend's PC is crashing at random and this is his dmp file from his last crash. I believe its the same issue everytime.We have replaced his PSU.Any idea what is causing this crash. Thanks!Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.2428 AMD64 Copyright c...
  5. Dump Files Assitance - PC Crashing At Random

Dump Files Assitance - PC Crashing At Random: Good afternoon,My friend's PC is crashing at random and this is his dmp file from his last crash. I believe its the same issue everytime.We have replaced his PSU.Any idea what is causing this crash. Thanks!Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.2428 AMD64 Copyright c...
  6. Dump Files Assitance - PC Crashing At Random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. MY PC random crashes BSOD with no dump files

MY PC random crashes BSOD with no dump files: My PC random CrashBSOD when I just start the pc for 5-10 min or while playing youtube, Searching website or while playing game for 6-7 hour At 1st I only saw BSOD For 1-2 times per month but now it 1-4 per day Since 2-8-2022 there is no dump file, I tried Set for small dump...
  8. MY PC random crashes BSOD with no dump files

MY PC random crashes BSOD with no dump files: My PC random CrashBSOD when I just start the pc for 5-10 min or while playing youtube, Searching website or while playing game for 6-7 hour At 1st I only saw BSOD For 1-2 times per month but now it 1-4 per day Since 2-8-2022 there is no dump file, I tried Set for small dump...
  9. BSOD - Crash dump files

BSOD - Crash dump files: Need help on understanding why my laptop keeps on experiencing BSOD. Thank you :https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u5ChqfRqVts2g0rVeQRNsLPpq3lOAsBX?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-crash-dump-files/21d9ea9d-0367-402d-8d10-2230ef5fcf7a
  10. PC Crash with Memory Dump File

PC Crash with Memory Dump File: Posted about this before, though this time I think I've narrowed down the problem. Just need someone to take a look at the memory dump file to confirm. Basically my PC will sometimes randomly crash, just freezing and then the screen goes black but it just sits there with...