Windows 10: PC crashing after freezing and black screen. Sometimes DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

Discus and support PC crashing after freezing and black screen. Sometimes DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've had this issue for the past 2 months on my custom-built pc where my PC just randomly freezes, the display goes black and after a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DiegoMdll, Jan 15, 2021.

1. DiegoMdll Win User

PC crashing after freezing and black screen. Sometimes DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

Hello,

I've had this issue for the past 2 months on my custom-built pc where my PC just randomly freezes, the display goes black and after a couple of minutes it reboots itself.

Today after installing windows 10's latest update something similar happened where my pc froze but didn't show a black screen but instead BSOD'd and showed the "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" error.

Here are some mini dumps I've collected over the past few days.

They can be found in the following links:

Oldest crash minidump

Second crash minidump

Today's crash minidump

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks!

:)

DiegoMdll, Jan 15, 2021

2. Random Freezes and BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Hello Matt,

I regret for the inconvenience you are facing with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on your system. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to unplug all external devices connected to the system and restart the system to check if the issue persists.

Sometimes new hardware can cause blue screen errors. Since you recently added new hardware to your computer, shut down your system, unplug the new hardware, and then restart to check the status.

Many blue screen errors can be resolved by making sure that Windows is up to date. In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

I suggest you to Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

I also suggest you to follow the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 15, 2021
  3. easypeas Win User
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing

Hello,

For a few weeks now I have found my PC will seem to occasionally freeze unexpectedly and completely. Seems to happen while browsing the internet. I have to press and hold the power button to restart.

Today was the first time it went to a blue screen. I didn't notice it freezing this time, it just went to the blue screen with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Here is minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjKfJ6TiUf3qgZRwgUTqYoPR16LS5A

and msinfo msinfo.nfo

Thanks

easypeas, Jan 15, 2021
  4. PC crashing after freezing and black screen. Sometimes DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

PC crash to black screen

Hi Andrew,

Your concern regarding the black/blank screen issue after updating the graphics card can be caused by a change on the device settings or corrupted system files. As an initial step to isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the methods suggested
    on this support article. Select the option that's related to your concern to view the appropriate steps.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

PC crashing after freezing and black screen. Sometimes DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

1. PC crashing after freezing and black screen. Sometimes DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD - Similar Threads - crashing freezing black

2. PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes: I have already tried to get help from nvidia support and that didn't end up working out so I will leave our previous chat logs so you can see where I left off please tell me if you need me to send any additional logs or filesGPU 980tiCHAT LINK:...
  3. PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes: I have already tried to get help from nvidia support and that didn't end up working out so I will leave our previous chat logs so you can see where I left off please tell me if you need me to send any additional logs or filesGPU 980tiCHAT LINK:...
  4. Pc screen sometimes works then turns off, then the whole PC crashes, or the screen freezes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc screen sometimes works then turns off, then the whole PC crashes, or the screen freezes...: Exactly what I said up there ^ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-screen-sometimes-works-then-turns-off-then-the/f409a7c3-20a3-48aa-8685-049688a0eeef
  5. Pc screen sometimes works then turns off, then the whole PC crashes, or the screen freezes...

Pc screen sometimes works then turns off, then the whole PC crashes, or the screen freezes...: Exactly what I said up there ^ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-screen-sometimes-works-then-turns-off-then-the/f409a7c3-20a3-48aa-8685-049688a0eeef
  6. Hard freeze/crash at idle, sometimes BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard freeze/crash at idle, sometimes BSOD: Hello,I am experiencing hard crashes quite frequently, but oddly it is typically when my machine is idle. It is happening often enough such that my machine is nearly unusable. Anywhere from immediately to a few minutes after letting it idle, it freezes up and goes to BSOD DPC...
  7. Hard freeze/crash at idle, sometimes BSOD

Hard freeze/crash at idle, sometimes BSOD: Hello,I am experiencing hard crashes quite frequently, but oddly it is typically when my machine is idle. It is happening often enough such that my machine is nearly unusable. Anywhere from immediately to a few minutes after letting it idle, it freezes up and goes to BSOD DPC...
  8. Hard freeze/crash at idle, sometimes BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing: Hello, For a few weeks now I have found my PC will seem to occasionally freeze unexpectedly and completely. Seems to happen while browsing the internet. I have to press and hold the power button to restart. Today was the first time it went to a blue screen. I didn't...
  10. BSOD Sometimes with Freezing

BSOD Sometimes with Freezing: Hello so this problem has been plaguing me since windows 8.1 I just assumed it was the OS and would be fixed with the upgrade to windows 10, I was wrong. It usually starts as my PC is very slow and sluggish and then it either A. BSOD with different codes each time. Or...