Windows 10: PC crashing during low loads

Discus and support PC crashing during low loads in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I've been having this problem for a few months now. Basically during low loads, my pc freezes after a certain amount of time. This only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MikealMyers, Dec 31, 2020.

1. PC crashing during low loads

Hey everyone, I've been having this problem for a few months now. Basically during low loads, my pc freezes after a certain amount of time. This only happens when I'm browsing the internet or on discord with my friends. I don't get a blue screen or anything, just that my desktop freezes. I can still alt tab and close programs. I can open task manager, but when I go into performance or resource monitor, everything there is frozen.

I've tried so many different methods when it comes to this problem. I've issued an RMA for my power supply and replaced it. I've replaced my motherboard, but then switched it back as the problem was still occurring. I've replaced my ram. I've tried running commands such as sfc /scannow, CHKDSK, windows memory diagnostic, and memtest. Those all came back healthy. I was using firefox as my main browser and after uninstalling it, it felt like the problem went away, but after a few days the problem happens again while using chrome. I've also tried installing windows on three different drives, but all of them have had the same problem.

Whenever the problem happens, I've noticed I get these errors in event viewer:

Kernel-Power 41 63 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Kernel-EventTracing 28 Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001

I've looked online for solutions to this, but none of them have been able to help. If anyone has any idea on what to, any help would be appreciated.
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 stock
    MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
    Seasonic Focus+ 650w Gold
    Corsair Vengeance 16g 3200
    MSI 2070 Super Ventus
    512 Sabrent NVMe windows
    1tb Samsung QVO 2.5 inch

:)

MikealMyers, Dec 31, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Dec 31, 2020
  4. prattden Win User

PC crashing during low loads

How do i stop File Explorer from loading and crashing over and over??

Holy moly! This solution seems to have worked! Two days now without File Explorer driving me insane with it's constant cycling of loading and crashing, loading and crashing. Hoping this is a permanent solution.

Thanks much for your help.

Two days later and the problem has returned. File Explorer loading on its own and crashing, though not constantly the way it was before.

prattden, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

PC crashing during low loads

1. PC crashing during low loads - Similar Threads - crashing during low

2. PC crashing during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing during games: I am not sure the issue, games are crashing in various different ways, not sure of the cause. sometimes the pc blue screens other times it just outright freezes.Sometimes the game crashes but not the pc. Really unsure what the issue could be. My drivers are up to date and so...
  3. PC crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing during gaming: Hi, I've recently faced a problem of my PC crashing while i was gaming. I've not updated anything systematically recently.On event viewer it said: The server Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter did not register with DCOM within the required...
  4. Bsod after a long time of watching YouTube or the pc being at low load but never during...

Bsod after a long time of watching YouTube or the pc being at low load but never during...: I have been struggling with this issue for quite some time. I have reinstalled windows a couple of times, but it did not help. I have also tried windows 10 and 11 but still the bsod is there. After googling for solutions i have updated all my drivers using a driver updater, i...
  5. Pc crashing during gaming

Pc crashing during gaming: I build my Pc about a month and a half ago Ryzen 5 5500, Gtx 1660 super, asus prime b550-M-awifi, 2 8gb corsair vengeance, evga 600w 80 plus gold, wd 500gb ssd m.2. Not until a couple weeks i just kept randomly crashing in games like cod, rocket league, Fortnite etc after...
  6. MSFS crashes to desktop during loading.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS crashes to desktop during loading.: During loading, latest picture of London, River Thames appears then sound goes and crash to desktop every time at same point. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msfs-crashes-to-desktop-during-loading/dc94099f-d843-4241-a7ad-953e81b121f1
  7. Computer crashing during GPU load.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashing during GPU load.: AMD RYZEN 5 2600X 3.6GHZ 32.0 GB DDR5 RAM AMD radeon 5700 AMD 580X MSI X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI MOTHERBOARD THERMALTAKE SMART 700W ATX POWER SUPPLY I have been dealing with my computer crashing when the GPU is under load. I have tried switching different GPUs to try and...
  8. Some programs crash during the loading screen

Some programs crash during the loading screen: Hey, i have ran into a problem today that i have never seen before and i cant find anything similar when googling. So i was just playing some FiveM today (fivem is sort of a extension to grand theft auto 5 that enables you to create servers and add mods to said servers),...
  9. Windows 10 freezing during low CPU loads

Windows 10 freezing during low CPU loads: Hello, I've had a freezing problem ever since I built this computer several months ago. The freezes only occur during low cpu usage, such as sitting idle or browsing the web. They do not occur at regular intervals — I've had freezes after letting the mouse sit for a...
  10. Windows loading screen crashes during boot.

Windows loading screen crashes during boot.: Hey my pc has been wotking absolutely fine until today i turned it on and the monitor disconnected so i had a go at troubleshooting it. It loaded up fine in safe mode, so i tried reinstalling the graphics drivers, aswell as removing them. After, instead of disconnecting the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc crashes in low load

2. window crash on low load