Windows 10: PC crashing during restart and shut down process

Discus and support PC crashing during restart and shut down process in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, Ever since I upgraded my custom gaming PC replacing my existing Intel Core i5-6600 with a Ryzen 7 5800x, including a new motherboard, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatrickTaylor4, Dec 24, 2020.

1. PC crashing during restart and shut down process

Hi all,

Ever since I upgraded my custom gaming PC replacing my existing Intel Core i5-6600 with a Ryzen 7 5800x, including a new motherboard, I have had a somewhat persistent issue. Most but not all of the time, when my PC restarts or shuts down, the entire system will crash instantaneously. This is particularly annoying during restarts, as the PC does not then boot back up automatically.

Like I said, this doesn't happen 100% of the time, but it is much more common after a few minutes of use and when programs have been loaded e.g. after using my browser for a few minutes, VS. restarting immediately after booting. And while it is mostly relegated to happening during restarts and shut downs, I have seen occasional crashes during active use. This is much more frustrating, and I'm hopeful that solving whatever issue is causing the restart issue will eliminate these even worse crashes, too.

I have already performed a clean install of Windows 10 and tried various troubleshooting methods with no success. However, I am open to suggestions, and can provide further hardware and software details if necessary.

Thanks,

Patrick

:)

PatrickTaylor4, Dec 24, 2020

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Dec 24, 2020
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused PC crashing during restart and shut down process :confused:*Mad PC crashing during restart and shut down process :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Erika Aro Win User

PC crashing during restart and shut down process

laptop auto restart even after after shut down of the laptop in windows 10 1703.

Hi Joydeep,

When Windows 10 restarts after selecting Shutdown, this could mean that something crashed during the process of shutting down which made the device restart. We'd like to ask a few questions to help us out on resolving this:

• Did you try to shut it down again after it goes back up?
    • After installing Windows 10 Creators Update, did you check if there are any updates running in the background?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you encounter any errors while installing?

Erika Aro, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

PC crashing during restart and shut down process

1. PC crashing during restart and shut down process - Similar Threads - crashing during restart

2. During reset was pc shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During reset was pc shut down: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. During reseting my pc fall down electric and pc was shut down. After that, everytime when i trying to finish reset showed me this. Can somebody help me what i shoud do?...
  3. PC Shutting Down During Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shutting Down During Games: Hi All,I've been having some issues over the last few months with my PC completely shutting down when I play games. It is quite a high end and relatively new system so wouldn't expect the system being able to handle any games to be the problem. I've tried formatting the...
  4. PC Shutting Down During Games

PC Shutting Down During Games: Hi All,I've been having some issues over the last few months with my PC completely shutting down when I play games. It is quite a high end and relatively new system so wouldn't expect the system being able to handle any games to be the problem. I've tried formatting the...
  5. PC Shutting Down During Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. PC not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not shutting down but restart: Shutdown button not working. When you click it, the function will be restart. The PC will only restart. Restart button has correct function though. I need help. I dont know this kind of scenario in PC....
  7. PC not shutting down but restart

PC not shutting down but restart: Shutdown button not working. When you click it, the function will be restart. The PC will only restart. Restart button has correct function though. I need help. I dont know this kind of scenario in PC....
  8. PC not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  9. pc shut down during reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc shut down during reset: hi all, was resetting my windows 10 pc when the thing shut down (probably from overheating) and it now says I need to reinstall my BCD. does anyone know where I can find the place to do that? submitted by /u/murderducky1 [link] [comments]...
  10. PC shutting down during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC shutting down during update: Hi i've been trying to update my win from 10240 to 2004 with both the media tool iso & update assistant but both times the PC shut down at 48% and then undoing changes. here is the log if it can help 2020-08-16 16:08:57, Error MOUPG...