Windows 10: PC crashing in games Critical Events

Discus and support PC crashing in games Critical Events in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For months my PC has crashed intermittently. It will usually be while running a game, but has also occurred while watching something on Plex. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tinqa, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Tinqa Win User

PC crashing in games Critical Events

For months my PC has crashed intermittently. It will usually be while running a game, but has also occurred while watching something on Plex. The screen goes black, the audio stutters and distorts for a few seconds, then the machine reboots.

Many times I have looked in the Reliability Monitor and it has only said "Windows was not properly shut down", without any more info.

But tonight it crashed and gave me a list of errors with information, so I'll share that here:

One says "Windows stopped working":

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffff9b068d810410, 0xfffff80783f61710, 0xffffffffc0000001, 0x0000000000000003. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: b10e755c-e911-4b90-9a6b-3c616c01318a.

Then there's a series of "Hardware error" events that look like this:

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 124

Parameter 1: 0

Parameter 2: ffffb689328b7650

Parameter 3: bea00000

Parameter 4: 108

OS version: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 3081

Then a series of them that look like this:

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffffb2871cbec460

Parameter 2: fffff80552e2a880

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 5fc

And at the bottom is "Windows Shut Down Unexpectedly":

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 116

Parameter 1: ffff9b068d810410

Parameter 2: fffff80783f61710

Parameter 3: ffffffffc0000001

Parameter 4: 3

I have previously completely reset my drivers -- I don't think there's anything I can do with them that I haven't already tried...

If this is likely to be a hardware issue with my GPU, I'm keen to know that ASAP so I can get it sorted.

I have generated some system logs, in case that is needed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wtCh5C7qtvmZLtlJ3VfspxIuxqtHjiND/view?usp=sharing

Also this minidump file I found not sure if helpful: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r2TzZg3fPNh7CO0BLvx3L4NxQCpcR9h-/view?usp=sharing

My machine has Ryzen 3700x, Radeon 5600 XT, MSI x570-a Pro.

Thanks for any help!!

:)

Tinqa, Sep 17, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 17, 2020
  3. LinOly Win User
    Microsoft Solitaire events crashed

Carlo--

The following worked for me:

Hi ,

Ariel Acu has replied to the question Microsoft Solitaire events crashed that you are following in
    Microsoft Community.

Thank you for the information. It turns out that the
    twinapi.appcore.dll files are corrupted, that's why you're getting the said error message. We suggest that you uninstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection on your computer, and then perform the following steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run.
    • Type WSReset.exe and hit
      Enter
    • Open Windows Store and install Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
    Once done, kindly check if the game works for you.

We'll keep an eye on your update.

Good luck!

LinOly, Sep 17, 2020
  4. strings44 Win User

Critical event of failure of StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

I followed the steps that you mentioned but still the problem is present in the critical events

strings44, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. PC crashing in games Critical Events - Similar Threads - crashing games Critical

2. PC crashes only with certain games Event ID 6008

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes only with certain games Event ID 6008: My PC works fine but with some specific games it crashes randomly.I think it is a software issue because some demanding games run fine like elden ring, and others crash the pc like age of empires 2.I have a rtx 2070, 16GB of ram and a i7-4790 with a 750W PSU. Temps are also...
  3. PC crashes only with certain games Event ID 6008

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes only with certain games Event ID 6008: My PC works fine but with some specific games it crashes randomly.I think it is a software issue because some demanding games run fine like elden ring, and others crash the pc like age of empires 2.I have a rtx 2070, 16GB of ram and a i7-4790 with a 750W PSU. Temps are also...
  4. Error: Event 10016, DistributedCOM crashing PC during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: Event 10016, DistributedCOM crashing PC during games: First off I'm on the most recent version of windows 11 pro. I've noticed some high instability recently in my PC despite no major changes past regular windows updates. In event viewer, the following warnings always show up:Event 10016, DisctributedCOMThe application-specific...
  5. Critical Events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Events: I need help with this problem...Out of the blue no pun intended I started getting random, sporadic, shut-downs... Start-up can be a series of many 10+ attempts to get to the stage the motherboard screen appears... It has periods of stability - the last period lasted a few...
  6. Critical Events

Critical Events: I need help with this problem...Out of the blue no pun intended I started getting random, sporadic, shut-downs... Start-up can be a series of many 10+ attempts to get to the stage the motherboard screen appears... It has periods of stability - the last period lasted a few...
  7. Critical Events

8. live kernel event 124 PC crashing when gaming

live kernel event 124 PC crashing when gaming: Hey, been really stressed since building doing my first PC build, everytime I play a game it will almost certainly blackscreen/bluescreen and reboot. Spent allot of time trying to figure out whats going on to no avail, here is the dump files:...
  9. Sporadic crashes - critical event 41, kernel power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sporadic crashes - critical event 41, kernel power: After trying to reach out to the Microsoft support through chat position 1 in chat queue - didn't move for hours I'll try it here. Shortly after building my new PC it sometimes crashed and restarted with the above mentioned error code in the event log. It usually happends...
  10. Sporadic crashes - critical event 41, kernel power

Sporadic crashes - critical event 41, kernel power: After trying to reach out to the Microsoft support through chat position 1 in chat queue - didn't move for hours I'll try it here. Shortly after building my new PC it sometimes crashed and restarted with the above mentioned error code in the event log. It usually happends...