Windows 10: PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games

Discus and support PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I built my PC already like 2 years ago. For the first year everything was completely fine and I had no issues with it, however about a year ago I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hackis Bell, Mar 12, 2019.

1. PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games

So I built my PC already like 2 years ago. For the first year everything was completely fine and I had no issues with it, however about a year ago I started to have a problem in Fortnite where sometimes (and by sometimes I mean once a day of playing fortnite maybe) it would just crash into BSOD and then I had to restart it. I originally wanted to fix it then but I stopped playing fortnite after a while and the issue never happened in any other games, so I sort of forgot about it. I did put the motherboard on warranty and they gave me a new one (the one I have now) but that's about it. Now about 2 months ago this issue started resurfacing again, but this time it's way worse. If I play any graphically intense games, be it Rust or Resident Evil 2 it just crashes a LOT. It warries day to day and sometimes it crashes into BSOD every 15 minutes, other times I can play for 2 hours before it happens. Sometimes it even happens when I don't play any games and just browse chrome and the whole PC just crashes into BSOD. Here are some of the BSOD stop codes that show up after crashes:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (happened 3 times)

FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (happened 3 times)

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (What failed: Ntfs.sys)

RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (What failed: win32kfull.sys)

These are pretty random so I really have no idea which components might be the problem. I can't really put all of my parts up for warranty since I don't want to be without my computer for a month or two and because I bough the different components from different shops and it would be a pain in the **** to put them all for warranty, especially when I don't know if the component is even faulty or not.

Previously I got a new MB under warranty, I reinstalled windows completely (twice), I got a new power supply recently (but the same issue was happening with the previous one) and I also upgraded my aging HDD to a new SSD recently (also didn't fix anything). Tried reinstalling drivers, tried upgrading BIOS and resetting it to default values, I pretty much tried everything. I also tried each of my RAM sticks individually to see if one of them might be causing the issue but it was crashing anyway with either ones. I did however notice that one of my motherboard RAM slots maybe isn't working? I didn't try it further but it loaded the RAM in BIOS normally but then it didn't show up in Windows. I don't know, might just be a windows issue since I switched slots or something.

:)

Hackis Bell, Mar 12, 2019
  2. dp343 Win User

Computer frequently crashing/BSOD when playing FFXIV

Hi, I've been having some problems playing FFXIV with my computer. After playing for 10-15 minutes, the computer will crash with a BSOD, and each time it has listed different errors, although frequently the cause has been listed as either ntoskrnl.exe or
    ntkrnlmp.exe. The methods that I have tried are:

-Updated Windows and all drivers. Game still crashed after updates.

-Memtest86+. No corrupt memory indicated.

-sfc /scannow in Command Prompt. No problems there.

-chkdsk /r C: in Command Prompt. No problems there.

-Checked hardware temperatures. Temperatures nominal.

-Tried driver verifier. I found one program (ScpVBus.exe) that was listed as causing some of the crashes. I removed that but still receive crashes.

I'll post links to the mini dumps and my system configuration below. Thanks in advance for any posts or advice given.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1EeBPr6ZBFJTHdObDNUcGtzdWs

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1EeBPr6ZBFJVVNaYUJLOWpQcHM

dp343, Mar 12, 2019
  3. BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games

Here you have:

Virtual Memory

PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games [​IMG]

Startup and recovery

Adangonsol, Mar 12, 2019
  4. iuppiter Win User

PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -

iuppiter, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games

1. PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games - Similar Threads - crashing BSOD frequently

2. Frequent BSOD when playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD when playing game: I was wondering if anyone could help. I have frequent BSOD when playing game - specifically Dota 2. I have done the memtest and all is good. I have noticed several minidumps each time i get the BSOD. Usually i have one then immediately after reboot another one. I have reached...
  3. Frequent BSOD when playing game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD when playing game: I was wondering if anyone could help. I have frequent BSOD when playing game - specifically Dota 2. I have done the memtest and all is good. I have noticed several minidumps each time i get the BSOD. Usually i have one then immediately after reboot another one. I have reached...
  4. PC always crashing and BSOD when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC always crashing and BSOD when playing games: Hello, I've had this problem for a while now, but I purchased a pre-built PC from NZXT and have struggled with constant crashing and blue screening when playing games. I've included the two latest crash dumps following this, but basically, I cannot play any game that is...
  5. BSOD frequently when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD frequently when playing games.: So I've been getting a BSOD a lot recently with the DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION error. I loaded the dump file into the windows debugger tool but can't really make heads or tails of it. I've updated every driver on my computer and i've done a reinstall of Windows and it...
  6. BSOD frequently when playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD frequently when playing games.: So I've been getting a BSOD a lot recently with the DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION error. I loaded the dump file into the windows debugger tool but can't really make heads or tails of it. I've updated every driver on my computer and i've done a reinstall of Windows and it...
  7. BSOD frequently when playing games.

8. Games crash or system crash frequently when playing games

Games crash or system crash frequently when playing games: Initially I thought it was the problem of a specific game. But later on I found for all the games COD16, DOTA2, APEX, Satisfactory, Conan exile and so on I'm actively playing, either the system would crash bluescreen or the game itself would crash once I've played it for a...
  9. Frequent BSOD when playing video games

Frequent BSOD when playing video games: In the past month I have been experiencing BSOD crashes within ~15 minutes of starting up a moderately resource intensive video game. My specs Mobo - Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI-CF CPU - Intel i5-6500 GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070 RAM - Teamgroup-UD4-2400 2x8GB SSD - Sandisk SDSSDA 480GB...
  10. BSOD frequently, specifically when playing games

BSOD frequently, specifically when playing games: Hey, I've been running windows 10 since April this year (on technical preview mostly) I've found that when I'm playing games (Fifa 15, Minecraft, Rocket League, Civilisation V etc) that my PC bluescreens so often, I'm at my wits end haha I'll leave this zipped file that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 crashes when playing games 2019

2. system service exception Blue screen kb 4489899