Windows 10: PC Crashing - Mostly during idle - Ryzen 3700x

Discus and support PC Crashing - Mostly during idle - Ryzen 3700x in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I built my PC back in August and have escalating BSOD ever since. Most of my errors occur when I am browsing the web, full idle away from PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sexytractor, Jan 21, 2021.

1. PC Crashing - Mostly during idle - Ryzen 3700x

Hello,

I built my PC back in August and have escalating BSOD ever since. Most of my errors occur when I am browsing the web, full idle away from PC, and generally on low load usage. I've reformatted multiple times, disconnected my HDD and used only my SSD, verified my RAM as having 0 errors, tested on both xmp 3200 and auto for my ram profile. None of these have seemed to fix my errors.

I've seen:

System_Service_Exception

DPC_Watchdog_Violation
    Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trapped
    Quota_Underflow
    Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal

Auto_Boost_Invalid_Lock_Release

And potentially more I can't remember / forgot to write down. They are now happening multiple times a day, when in the past it was once every other day or so.

My best guess at this point is I need to RMA my CPU. I would love a second opinion however if there is anything that can be done to help.

System Information local

Computer name: DESKTOP-2JU45BE
    Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042
    Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    Hardware: ASRock, B550 Steel Legend
    CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 8664, level: 23
    16 logical processors, active mask: 65535
    RAM: 34281226240 bytes 31.9GB

Crash Dump Analysis
    Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Thu 1/21/2021 9:31:38 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntdll.sys ntdll!NtCreateEvent+0x14
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8030DFFB525, 0xFFFF8A83A9891F20, 0x0
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntdll.sys .
    Google query: ntdll.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

On Thu 1/21/2021 3:18:12 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012121-8015-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: amdppm.sys amdppm+0x2ec7
    Bugcheck code: 0x133 0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF803306FA320, 0x0
    Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\amdppm.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Processor Device Driver
    Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs thermal issue.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. The description of the module may give a hint about a non responding device in the system.

On Thu 1/21/2021 2:27:20 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012121-7875-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5780
    Bugcheck code: 0x133 0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF804268FA320, 0x0
    Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs thermal issue.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 1/21/2021 12:32:51 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012121-7390-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x7F 0x8, 0xFFFFA9811014DE70, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8010A807434
    Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.Double Fault, indicates that an exception occurs during a call to the handler for a prior exception. Most often this is caused by a software problem kernel stack overflow but this can also be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 1/21/2021 9:31:38 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012121-7890-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8030DFFB525, 0xFFFF8A83A9891F20, 0x0
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Wed 1/20/2021 10:15:11 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012021-7546-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8042BF5A1D6, 0xFFFFBC0025AE1920, 0x0

Conclusion
    6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

ntdll.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

:)

Sexytractor, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

PC Crashing - Mostly during idle - Ryzen 3700x

1. PC Crashing - Mostly during idle - Ryzen 3700x - Similar Threads - Crashing Mostly during

2. 100% CPU usage / EDC 100% Ryzen 3700x

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% CPU usage / EDC 100% Ryzen 3700x: Anyone know how to resolve this. overclocks/underclocks dont effect it.Things I've done so far : restored the default ryzen power plans, locked the power plan to ryzen high performance, and the only way so far I temp fixed it is by doing cmd commands :Dism /Online...
  3. Windows 10 crashes to bsod mostly when idle.

Windows 10 crashes to bsod mostly when idle.: A month ago I updated my pc. Changed motherboard, cpu and ram. Current setup: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M S2H PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ RAM: 2x8 Corsair Vengance LPX 3000 Mhz. After the new parts where installed I started to get a lot of bsod on windows 10. I...
  4. Ryzen 3600 Idle Temps.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ryzen 3600 Idle Temps.: Is it just me or does the Ryzen 3600 run a bit warm? Mine fluctuates between 40C-50C at idle and I don't know if I should be worried or not. It's at stock settings and cooled by a Dark Rock 4. I'm even considering sending the DR4 back and replacing it with a Arctic Liquid...
  5. BSOD - Ryzen 3700x / MSI X370 SLI PLUS / RTX 2070 GALAX

BSOD - Ryzen 3700x / MSI X370 SLI PLUS / RTX 2070 GALAX: Guys, I would like help with a problem that I've been facing for a while and I can't solve it I'm an advanced PC user, I bought the separate parts and built my own setup more than once and only now I've been having problems. I have an MSI x370 PLUS, a Ryzen 7 3700x and an...
  6. Blue Screen of Death: New PC Ryzen 3700X

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen of Death: New PC Ryzen 3700X: Hello guys, I just built my 2nd PC 3 days ago and I've already had 5 BSOD's. PC part lists: CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X GPU - GTX 1660 Ti MB - Asus Prime X570-PRO RAM - 16GB X 2 G.Skill Ripjaw V (32GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 CL19 Dual Channel PSU - EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold 650W,...
  7. BSOD on new Ryzen 3700X setup

BSOD on new Ryzen 3700X setup: Hi, I installed Windows 10 Pro on a new PC, AMD Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM (thoroughly tested with memtest, no errors), Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite. I get very often BSOD, I attach the V2 logs: DIMITRIS-PC-(2019-09-28_02-42-54).zip 141406
  8. Consistent BSODs Since Ryzen 3700x upgrade

Consistent BSODs Since Ryzen 3700x upgrade: Hello, Looking for some help. Since i upgraded from my Ryzen 2600x to 3700x i have been plagued by BSODS, they occur mainly when idling or when doing some light things like chrome or using mod organizer 2 for Skyrim etc but never has once happened during gameplay itself....
  9. Ryzen 7 3700x temps

in Windows 10 Support
    Ryzen 7 3700x temps: Hi, i have the new 3700 x and wondering what the temp of CPU should be . I have been searching the web with mixed results, there are comments from everything from "60 degrees C is to hot to they have been military tested to 125 degrees C". On HWINFO my reading after 3 hrs of...
  10. Random BSOD mostly during idle usage - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Random BSOD mostly during idle usage - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: So I've been experiencing random BSOD's for a while and I'm not really sure what's causing it or how to fix it. The stop code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, I've not seen any others. Using Blue Screen view it either points at nvidia drivers or ntoskrnl.exe as the fault. I've...