Windows 10: PC Crashing multiple times a day

Discus and support PC Crashing multiple times a day in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows Version: 1903 (OS Build 18362.720) My PC has been experiencing crashes for the last few months which I have been trying to troubleshoot but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ThunderTorii, Mar 17, 2020.

1. PC Crashing multiple times a day

Windows Version: 1903 (OS Build 18362.720)

My PC has been experiencing crashes for the last few months which I have been trying to troubleshoot but have been hitting dead ends and can't think where else to find information to troubleshoot what the issue is.

I will be using my PC (there appears to be no consistency in the crashes to what applications are being run) for mostly non intensive tasks such as youtube, word, basic excel functionality, general browsing, discord, and runing games such as Overwatch.
    I will then find that certain items will stop working whilst others continue to work. Usually the first item to have issues is games (if im playing overwatch) or video's. They video part will stop, however I am able to still click around on the rest of the pages and switch between applications that are open. None will allow me to close them, but i can interact to different extents.
    Discord will no longer pick up my voice, but i will still be able to hear people, and generally still type for a little while before that functionality stops working too.
    Oddly enough if i am playing minecraft when this happens I can generally indefinitely play this with no issues what so ever.
    I'll be able to go to the windows menu but can't successfully search, and to the ctl+alt+dlt menu but it won't actually launch anything.
    As above no applications will allow me to close them (via their own closure, or right clicking on the taskbar and trying to close or quit)
    If I had task manager open it will report around 15-20% CPU at the total, but all applications and processes will then report 0% next to them, same for memory
    I will also be unable to shutdown the PC- i have to press and hold the power button to get it to turn off

Looking in event viewer I never see any events showing when its crashing/before i force the PC off, (the kernel power critical event)

I have also successfully run the windows memory test and did not have any reported results to resolve
    And can't find anything that indicates (to me) issues in event manager or reliability manager

Happy to run more tests or give more information! Just trying to figure out what is going on *Sad

:)

ThunderTorii, Mar 17, 2020

2. My pc crashes multiple times a day

I'm on windows 10 and my pc crashes multiple times a day. There is no black screen or blue screen, it just freezes. If no audio was playing at the time of the crash, it stays silent. If audio is playing there is a loud recurring buzzing sound.

I've tried updating all of my drivers and windows update, it didn't change anything.

SpirantPanda60, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Herb C99 Win User
    Since the installation of Windows 10 it crashes multiple times a day.

<Original Title: Windows 10 Crashes>

OK, not an expert but just a user. So I will try to explain problem in simple terms. Hopefully the answers and suggestions will be as simple.

Installed Windows 10 and noticed an increase in the number of crashes that I experienced. These crashes were noticed before installation but on a very infrequent basis. Since the installation of Windows 10 it crashes multiple times a day. Looking for simple
    answers to solve my problem if possible.

Thanks,

Herb C 99

Herb C99, Mar 17, 2020
  4. PC Crashing multiple times a day

windows 10 crashing multiple times a day.

windows 10 crashing multiple times a day.

this has become a major pain, and this crashing is stopping me from upgrading to Office 365 for fear that it will also crash my computer.

I never would have switch if I new it was going to crash my computer like this.

I use Windows 7 at work and they are not switching because of windows 10 issues. I should have stayed ewith vista, it never crashed on me.

At the point where I am ready to dump it and find something else.

How do I fix this issue without dumping windows 10?????

JosephBlosat, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

PC Crashing multiple times a day

1. PC Crashing multiple times a day - Similar Threads - Crashing multiple times

2. PC has crashed multiple times in the past few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has crashed multiple times in the past few days: I haven't noticed any patterns, with the crashes but the last two times I didn't even get a blue screen, it just went black and then rebooted. Before the last crash my discord kept restarting and the download for a game on steam kept stopping, though I'm not sure if those are...
  3. PC has crashed multiple times in the past few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC has crashed multiple times in the past few days: I haven't noticed any patterns, with the crashes but the last two times I didn't even get a blue screen, it just went black and then rebooted. Before the last crash my discord kept restarting and the download for a game on steam kept stopping, though I'm not sure if those are...
  4. PC crashing multiple times a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing multiple times a day: Hello all,recently I've been having issues with my pc crashing. Sometimes BSOD, sometimes just black screen. I was on windows 11 when it started, but have since done a fresh install of win 10.What I've tried so far;- Updated GPU Drivers- Downgraded GPU Drivers- Clean Install...
  5. PC crashing multiple times a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing multiple times a day: Hello all,recently I've been having issues with my pc crashing. Sometimes BSOD, sometimes just black screen. I was on windows 11 when it started, but have since done a fresh install of win 10.What I've tried so far;- Updated GPU Drivers- Downgraded GPU Drivers- Clean Install...
  6. PC crashing multiple times a day

7. PC crashes multiple times every day.

PC crashes multiple times every day.: Since my old post isn’t getting replies probably due to age I decided to make a new help page. Here’s the link to the old post:...
  8. System crashing multiple times a day

System crashing multiple times a day: Hello y'all! Since 2 days my system is crashing multiple times a day. I already checked my disk and memory. Both are fine. Most of the time I get errors like "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" or "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" but when I tried to check for broken drivers it crashed again and...
  9. My pc crashes multiple times a day

My pc crashes multiple times a day: I'm on windows 10 and my pc crashes multiple times a day. There is no black screen or blue screen, it just freezes. If no audio was playing at the time of the crash, it stays silent. If audio is playing there is a loud recurring buzzing sound. I've tried updating all of my...
  10. Help! My PC is crashing multiple times a day every day! BSOD

Help! My PC is crashing multiple times a day every day! BSOD: Blue Screen of Death: "Kernal Mode: Heap Corruption" Minidump attached. I've already updated every driver. I've tried rolling back the GPU... I've done virus scans, CCleaner and Malwarebyte scans, and i've done cmd scans. It crashes when I play games like Warcraft and...