Windows 10: PC crashing or freezing

Discus and support PC crashing or freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've got the Acer Aspire TC380 desktop purchased earlier this year. It's not used everyday but recently it's been crashing to black where the monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PantyLines, Nov 21, 2018.

1. PC crashing or freezing

I've got the Acer Aspire TC380 desktop purchased earlier this year. It's not used everyday but recently it's been crashing to black where the monitor is in sleep mode but the computer is running fine requiring hard resets. I noticed it was getting worse with the more Windows updates I installed. I'm going to return it in the next few days if I can't resolve this because it's not very usable.

None of the restore or repair options worked, I had to use my win10 recover USB to delete the windows partition then reinstall. The PC kept freezing during the clean installs but on the 7th try while chatting with Acer support it worked. The computer is much faster now but the crashes have continued. I've updated the drivers, tweaked the power options but nothing is working. The computer crashes either while booting before I get to windows, just past logging in to windows, or goes fine for 30min then crashes unexpectedly. When it doesn't crash, it freezes like in the photo either in post or during the clean installs but usually it just crashes.PC crashing or freezing [​IMG]

:)

PantyLines, Nov 21, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 21, 2018
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 21, 2018
  4. beeze Win User

PC crashing or freezing

Constant PC crashing/freezing

Hello!

Brief description of problem: Over the past few months my PC has been randomly crashing/freezing. It doesn't seem to matter how large of a load it is trying to take on; whether i'm only writing a paper while listening to music, or i'm playing Counter Strike on one monitor and have multiple processes open on the other. The up time ranges anywhere between 1 minute to 12 hours.

PC Specs:
    CPU - AMD FX-6300
    RAM - 16gb HyperX ddr3-1886
    Video Card - Radeon R7 370
    MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P
    HHD - 1 TB
    Power Supply - 500w

Continued Description of Problem: I recently ran a memtest on my ram and found out that one of the sticks were bad(It has been replaced with the ram currently listed above) this resolved about half of the issues I was facing. Before the ram was replaced I was getting a multitude of blue screens alongside the random freezing. The next and most recent step I've taken to restore my PC was replacing the hard drive. It doesn't seem to have fixed anything; one change I noticed after installing windows onto the new hard drive is that the time/timestamp on any browser, program or desktop doesn't display correctly. It has been replaced with some odd symbols- ex; Screenshot - 16eb15deb6d9e5e2fcaae2618a12b0ce - Gyazo , Screenshot - 63eff3026946796a175cdb11e13473b4 - Gyazo . With all this in mind I am assuming that we can exclude the RAM and HHD from potential problems.

Additional Details on the Crashing/Freezing: As stated before it doesn't matter how much strain is on the PC, but crashing does seem more prevalent when playing games. When It does freeze/crash and there is audio playing the video will freeze but the audio will just mimic the last frequency it received. Sometimes it freezes and will go back to normal(This is a pretty rare occurrence).

Thank you in advance for any advice/help; If you would like any additional information on specs/freeze details.

beeze, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

PC crashing or freezing

1. PC crashing or freezing - Similar Threads - crashing freezing

2. Windows 10 Computer Freezes, Then a While Later Turns Blue and Red, Then Crashes Into BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Computer Freezes, Then a While Later Turns Blue and Red, Then Crashes Into BIOS: Trying to play Honkai Star Rail may have nothing to do with the problem and my computer has crashed 5 times today.The first and second time, my computer froze and YouTube music played the last ~0.1 seconds of the song until I powered off my computer I didn't see if it did the...
  3. Windows 10 Computer Freezes, Then a While Later Turns Blue and Red, Then Crashes Into BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Computer Freezes, Then a While Later Turns Blue and Red, Then Crashes Into BIOS: Trying to play Honkai Star Rail may have nothing to do with the problem and my computer has crashed 5 times today.The first and second time, my computer froze and YouTube music played the last ~0.1 seconds of the song until I powered off my computer I didn't see if it did the...
  4. Windows 10 Computer Freezes, Then a While Later Turns Blue and Red, Then Crashes Into BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. [W11-Pro] Crash report event & freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [W11-Pro] Crash report event & freeze: Hi,I use Windows 11 Pro x64 with stable current version. MB is Asrock B600M Pro Rs with version 9.03I have to share with you some windows crash report events which couldn't be sent by default. I need to understand why I got that crash, freeze and shutdown. I have some texts...
  6. [W11-Pro] Crash report event & freeze

[W11-Pro] Crash report event & freeze: Hi,I use Windows 11 Pro x64 with stable current version. MB is Asrock B600M Pro Rs with version 9.03I have to share with you some windows crash report events which couldn't be sent by default. I need to understand why I got that crash, freeze and shutdown. I have some texts...
  7. Crashing with a 50/50 chance of freezing before restarting or BSOD.

Crashing with a 50/50 chance of freezing before restarting or BSOD.: Hey,I am running into issues where my computer is randomly crashing while I play games, and there is times where my computer straight up freezes before restarting, showing no screen, or a BSOD does appear. My games also tend to crash if my pc doesn't crash as a whole. I have...
  8. Crashing with a 50/50 chance of freezing before restarting or BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing with a 50/50 chance of freezing before restarting or BSOD.: Hey,I am running into issues where my computer is randomly crashing while I play games, and there is times where my computer straight up freezes before restarting, showing no screen, or a BSOD does appear. My games also tend to crash if my pc doesn't crash as a whole. I have...
  9. Crashing with a 50/50 chance of freezing before restarting or BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games

PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games: As the title describes, my PC crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never.The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes...