Windows 10: PC crashing randomly (No BSOD)

Discus and support PC crashing randomly (No BSOD) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, So my PC have been crashing many times a day lately. When this crash happens my screens just go black and sound disappears, but pc still runs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Spuuse, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Spuuse Win User

PC crashing randomly (No BSOD)

Hi,

So my PC have been crashing many times a day lately.
    When this crash happens my screens just go black and sound disappears, but pc still runs. (Fans keeps spinning) and I have to turn pc off from PSU.
    And again crashes are random. It happens while I'm gaming, browising web, youtube etc.
    Sometimes I can go hours without crashes and sometimes multiple crashes in a hour.

Things I have done/noticed:

-Re-installed Windows
    -Updated all drivers and bios
    -Tried to run with only one stick of RAM
    -Run memtest with 0 errors
    -No overclocks
    -No errors in Event viewer except Kerner power which is probably because I have to cut the power from PSU.
    -No overheating (atleast not CPU or GPU)
    -Nothing have been changed in my setup
    -Replugged every component and checked for visible damage.
    -System is 2 years old

I'm pretty experienced with computers but now I don't have any idea what is going on.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Spuuse, Jun 9, 2019
  2. bbmarley Win User

BSOD randomly

friend keeps getting BSOD
    any suggestions?

PC crashing randomly (No BSOD) 2e3s7lz.png

bbmarley, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Pc gets BSOD randomly

Hello I wanted to know if anyone can help me stop my pc from getting the BSOD. It randomly occurs while booting up of after being in use. The minidump says it was caused by svchost.exe. (I did a fresh install of windows but it didn't fix the problem) any
    suggestions?

AndresMontanez, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1. PC crashing randomly (No BSOD) - Similar Threads - crashing randomly BSOD

2. PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out for urgent assistance with a longstanding issue that has been plaguing my PC for months. the problem is that my computer tends to crash randomly without any discernible cause or consistency. I...
  3. PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out for urgent assistance with a longstanding issue that has been plaguing my PC for months. the problem is that my computer tends to crash randomly without any discernible cause or consistency. I...
  4. My PC keeps crashing randomly to BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps crashing randomly to BSOD: My System is crashing and I am getting different error everytime. MY bug check file ishttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah-kevUnbAA_hE4g4GE3NlbDSZ8l?e=cXbvAy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-crashing-randomly-to-bsod/9917996e-e41a-4ba2-bd53-ec61509ea017
  5. My PC keeps crashing randomly to BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps crashing randomly to BSOD: My System is crashing and I am getting different error everytime. MY bug check file ishttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah-kevUnbAA_hE4g4GE3NlbDSZ8l?e=cXbvAy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-crashing-randomly-to-bsod/9917996e-e41a-4ba2-bd53-ec61509ea017
  6. My PC keeps crashing randomly to BSOD

7. Ongoing PC Issues with Random BSOD Crashes

Ongoing PC Issues with Random BSOD Crashes: Hello! I've been having BSOD crashes that happen very randomly since late May to Early June. This is an ongoing issue that I'm hoping I can fix, and I've done TONS of scans, fixes, reset windows 10 and I even reinstalled Windows 10.I had a friend help me out, but nothing we...
  8. Ongoing PC Issues with Random BSOD Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ongoing PC Issues with Random BSOD Crashes: Hello! I've been having BSOD crashes that happen very randomly since late May to Early June. This is an ongoing issue that I'm hoping I can fix, and I've done TONS of scans, fixes, reset windows 10 and I even reinstalled Windows 10.I had a friend help me out, but nothing we...
  9. Ongoing PC Issues with Random BSOD Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. PC crashes and BSODs randomly

PC crashes and BSODs randomly: Hello There!My PC randomly crashes and BSODs with a distinct buzzing sound. The error codes are completely random. This used to be an issue previously Around 4-5 months ago but I fixed it by updating the drivers. Now, it has returned and I cannot figure out how to get rid of...