Windows 10: PC crashing randomly (No BSOD)

Discus and support PC crashing randomly (No BSOD) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, So my PC have been crashing many times a day lately. When this crash happens my screens just go black and sound disappears, but pc still runs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Spuuse, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Spuuse Win User

PC crashing randomly (No BSOD)

Hi,

So my PC have been crashing many times a day lately.
    When this crash happens my screens just go black and sound disappears, but pc still runs. (Fans keeps spinning) and I have to turn pc off from PSU.
    And again crashes are random. It happens while I'm gaming, browising web, youtube etc.
    Sometimes I can go hours without crashes and sometimes multiple crashes in a hour.

Things I have done/noticed:

-Re-installed Windows
    -Updated all drivers and bios
    -Tried to run with only one stick of RAM
    -Run memtest with 0 errors
    -No overclocks
    -No errors in Event viewer except Kerner power which is probably because I have to cut the power from PSU.
    -No overheating (atleast not CPU or GPU)
    -Nothing have been changed in my setup
    -Replugged every component and checked for visible damage.
    -System is 2 years old

I'm pretty experienced with computers but now I don't have any idea what is going on.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Spuuse, Jun 9, 2019
  2. bbmarley Win User

BSOD randomly

friend keeps getting BSOD
    any suggestions?

PC crashing randomly (No BSOD) 2e3s7lz.png

bbmarley, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Pc gets BSOD randomly

Hello I wanted to know if anyone can help me stop my pc from getting the BSOD. It randomly occurs while booting up of after being in use. The minidump says it was caused by svchost.exe. (I did a fresh install of windows but it didn't fix the problem) any
    suggestions?

AndresMontanez, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1. PC crashing randomly (No BSOD) - Similar Threads - crashing randomly BSOD

2. Random crashing, no BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random crashing, no BSoD: Hello, My computer has been crashing since a few weeks ago, I don't remember what significant changes I've made. I did follow this guide to remove bloatware and just making Windows 10 lighter. I followed every instruction except the applications he proposed. What makes...
  3. My PC keeps crashing, BSOD, and random restarting.

My PC keeps crashing, BSOD, and random restarting.: I built a new PC in February and in seems pretty unstable. It keeps crashing. I sometimes get BSOD with error "an unexpected error has occurred" and sometimes I get freezes or reboots. i have windows 10 education. The Minidump folder is empty but I have my system and...
  4. PC Crashing randomly

PC Crashing randomly: My PC has recently started to crash and I can't quite tell the reason why. Within the past two weeks it has just been shutting down with no warning and with no pattern that I can see. I've looked at event logs and I'm not sure if any of them are useful. The...
  5. PC randomly crashes

PC randomly crashes: For almost a month, my computer has been crashing without warning. I've done RAM, Hard drive, CPU, and GPU tests to see if it's a hardware problem, but nothing came up. Generally it happens during or after I am playing a video game. What is the issue? Is it Hardware or...
  6. BSOD crashes in random intervals

BSOD crashes in random intervals: Throughout the day my computer will BSOD each time it will say a different reason and I will be doing something completely different each time. Sometimes I am gaming, watching live streams, or absolutely nothing. Thanks in advance for any help you guys give me. 51825
  7. About a year old PC - Random BSOD and crashes

About a year old PC - Random BSOD and crashes: Hey Guys Thanks in advance for all the good work that you all do. Been a fan / reader of the websites since Windows 7.*chuckle Built a PC about a 1.5 years ago for the otherhalf with a Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H Rev1.0 board and intel processor. She has been telling me that it...
  8. Random BSOD crashes.

Random BSOD crashes.: I am running Windows 10 on a desktop computer about a year old. Custom built by Hard Drives Northwest. Dual boots Windows 10 and 8.1. Windows 10 is the default, which replaced Windows 7 that dual booted with Windows 8.1. Windows 10 seemed to run quite well at first. Recently,...
  9. BSOD Random crashes

BSOD Random crashes: So I have gotten a couple BSOD errors in the past 2 weeks. One was something with the WatchDog and the other was a System Service Exception. I'll be honest not a big fan of 10 but had to move as I needed a new key and all I had was a 10 key hahahaha. anyways been having...
  10. Random BSOD crashes

Random BSOD crashes: BSOD seem completely random. 25600