Windows 10: PC crashing when gaming, no blue screen just full power down and restart.

Discus and support PC crashing when gaming, no blue screen just full power down and restart. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just upgraded my computer a few months back, I got a new motherboard gigabyte z690 ud ax ddr4 a CPU i7 12700k cooler, GPU gigabyte 3080 and ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jack skluzacek, May 16, 2023.

1. PC crashing when gaming, no blue screen just full power down and restart.

I just upgraded my computer a few months back, I got a new motherboard gigabyte z690 ud ax ddr4 a CPU i7 12700k cooler, GPU gigabyte 3080 and ram tridentz neo ddr4-4000mhz 2x32gb and I am experience crashes while gaming. These crashes freeze my entire system for a few seconds, then the monitors turn black with some remnants of what was on the screen in red blue and green, then the system shuts off. Most of the time the computer will restart other times I have to hold the power button to restart it, the games I am playing and crash on are apex legends, and rust. I just got the ram today

:)

jack skluzacek, May 16, 2023
  2. Law-II Win User

Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, May 16, 2023
  3. M B
    M B Win User
    PC crashes to gray screen while playing a game. After restarting, blue dots appear on screen

After launching a game (Halo 5: Forge), my PC crashes to a gray screen where I have to force a shutdown. After restarting, blue dots appear on my screen.

I've attempted to fully remove all NVIDIA drivers and reinstall via GeForce Experience, but the issue still occurs.

I've attached an image of my specs I'm referring to. I'm glad to provide any more information. Thanks for helping.enter image description here

4. PC crashing when gaming, no blue screen just full power down and restart.

my system keeps on crashing. (blue screen)

Hello Harrison,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article to troubleshoot blue screen issues
    on Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 16, 2023
Thema:

PC crashing when gaming, no blue screen just full power down and restart.

1. PC crashing when gaming, no blue screen just full power down and restart. - Similar Threads - crashing gaming blue

2. Games crashing and system crashing/restarting/no blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing and system crashing/restarting/no blue screen: Hello MS team, I recently was having game crash issues and have since added more ram. Now I am still having the issues but its becoming more often. Most times the crash occurs it will crash the program game but a few times it has crashed the whole system. No blue screen, I...
  3. Games crashing and system crashing/restarting/no blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games crashing and system crashing/restarting/no blue screen: Hello MS team, I recently was having game crash issues and have since added more ram. Now I am still having the issues but its becoming more often. Most times the crash occurs it will crash the program game but a few times it has crashed the whole system. No blue screen, I...
  4. Games crashing and system crashing/restarting/no blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC crashing when gaming, no blue screen just full power down and restart.

PC crashing when gaming, no blue screen just full power down and restart.: I just upgraded my computer a few months back, I got a new motherboard gigabyte z690 ud ax ddr4 a CPU i7 12700k cooler, GPU gigabyte 3080 and ram tridentz neo ddr4-4000mhz 2x32gb and I am experience crashes while gaming. These crashes freeze my entire system for a few...
  6. PC Crashing and Restarting when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing and Restarting when gaming: Hi I have been having constant BSODs recently and sometimes not even that, the PC just straight up restarts itself and I am at a loss what could be causing it and what I could do. It seems to only happen when I play games for at least a few minutes 5-10mins most and while I...
  7. PC Crashing and Restarting when gaming

PC Crashing and Restarting when gaming: Hi I have been having constant BSODs recently and sometimes not even that, the PC just straight up restarts itself and I am at a loss what could be causing it and what I could do. It seems to only happen when I play games for at least a few minutes 5-10mins most and while I...
  8. PC Crashing and Restarting when gaming

9. Games Crashing In Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Crashing In Full Screen: I haven't had issues with my computer running games with full-screen mode in the past but within the last two weeks every game I play has crashed on my computer. I then decided to open up my computer and clean it, restart, and encountered the same issue. This time, I factory...
  10. Laptop "Crashing" - No blue screen, just a restart

Laptop "Crashing" - No blue screen, just a restart: My Dell XPS has recently been randomly restarting. It's as if I was holding down the power button - it just shuts off to a black screen and immediately restarts. I have checked my disks and seem to have no errors there and have run my antivirus software. I tried to run a...