Windows 10: PC crashing when playing games, no obvious error code

Discus and support PC crashing when playing games, no obvious error code in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've tried just about everything from checking windows files to checking core temps and nothing seems to be blatantly obvious. My PC keeps crashing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HAWGDoesntRage, Jan 31, 2020.

1. PC crashing when playing games, no obvious error code

So I've tried just about everything from checking windows files to checking core temps and nothing seems to be blatantly obvious. My PC keeps crashing during Escape From Tarkov and I have no clue as to why. It isn't blue screening or giving me any dump files it will just power off and if I power it back on immediately after I continue to have a black screen for 5-10 minutes and then I get the sign in screen. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

My Pc specs:

Model: Lenovo Legion y530-15ICH

i7-8750H 2.2ghz

16gb Ram

1tb HDD

GTX 1050ti

:)

HAWGDoesntRage, Jan 31, 2020

2. Computer crashes while playing games

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that how frustrating it can be when the PC crashes while playing games. I certainly appreciate your efforts taken towards resolving the issue.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. What happens when you try to run a game?
    4. Does the PC crashes only while playing games?
    5. Do you receive any stop code or error message when the PC crashes?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

In addition, you can check if Windows is up to date. Refer the article
    Keep your PC up to date
    and see if that helps.

If you receive a Blue Screen error, please share the dump files with us in order to assist you further. I have sent a private message to you, please share the dump files through the message.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 31, 2020
  3. testing Win User
    Game crashing all the time / PC freezes sometimes

Since about a month I have the problem that a game (Grand Theft Auto V) is crashing all the time. Sometimes the complete PC freezes too so that it displays the old image e.g. a few minutes ago (completely unresponsive, only restarting the PC helps). The time is not predictable, when it crashes. At one time it crashes after five minutes, another time it crashes after half an hour. But one thing is sure - it will crash.

I have contacted the Rockstar Support and they say they can't help me anymore. Things I did asked by the Rockstar Support:

• reinstalled the game and Social Club multiple times
    • deleted game files in AppData/Local/Rockstar Games/GTA V and Documents\Rockstar Games\Social Club
    • deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe and restored via Steam option Verify integrity of game files
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow multiple times
    • uninstalled another app, which should be responsible for network timeouts/blocking
    • switching to story mode/second character
    • submitted the export of msinfo32 including crash reports to the support
    • changed firewall settings

Things I tried myself:

• played in Safe Mode
    • changed graphics settings
    • removed OC
    • updated to latest Nvidia driver (436.15)
    • updated Windows 10
    • checked the event log, but there is no entry
    • executed memtest86 without problems
    • made a stress test with FurMark without problems

I don't have expierenced similar problems in other games/apps.

System configuration:

• i5-6600K
    • 16 GB RAM
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

Temperature is always OK.

Launcher.log from GTA V writes something like:

How can I find the cause of this error?

testing, Jan 31, 2020
  4. PC crashing when playing games, no obvious error code

play games on my pc

Hi Lisa,

In order to assist properly, kindly answer the following questions:

• On which website are you trying to play the game? What is the title of the game?
    • Have you tried using other browsers like Edge?
    • What error message are you getting?
    • Can you provide more details on the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?
    • Are you experiencing that same thing using other PCs?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Rolando Vil, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

PC crashing when playing games, no obvious error code

1. PC crashing when playing games, no obvious error code - Similar Threads - crashing playing games

2. PC crashing when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing when playing games.: Hello everyone. I have a pretty good-quality gaming pc i7-12700 proc, RTX 3060, 1TB HDD/512GB SSD, 8GB RAM that's been working well for about a year. A month or so ago, it started crashing. I eventually fixed it by updating the drivers, and it was fine for a few weeks....
  3. PC crashing when playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing when playing games.: Hello everyone. I have a pretty good-quality gaming pc i7-12700 proc, RTX 3060, 1TB HDD/512GB SSD, 8GB RAM that's been working well for about a year. A month or so ago, it started crashing. I eventually fixed it by updating the drivers, and it was fine for a few weeks....
  4. PC crashes when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when playing games.: Computer keeps on crashing whenever I play some computer games. Lately been playing Bannerlord and Nioh and sometimes I get a random black screen crash without warning. the sound would still play for a few minutes but no amount of input can restore the game or the computer...
  5. PC crashes when playing games.

PC crashes when playing games.: Computer keeps on crashing whenever I play some computer games. Lately been playing Bannerlord and Nioh and sometimes I get a random black screen crash without warning. the sound would still play for a few minutes but no amount of input can restore the game or the computer...
  6. PC crashes when playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. pc crash when playing game

pc crash when playing game: hi, I’m here because I need some help.I have a new PC, but I have a problem with it.If I launch a game, i can play like 20 m and it crash, then it launch the BIOS and I can’t leave the BIOS without forcing the PC to stop It relaunch the BIOS everytime I leave it.I tried to...
  8. pc crash when playing game

pc crash when playing game: hi, I’m here because I need some help.I have a new PC, but I have a problem with it.If I launch a game, i can play like 20 m and it crash, then it launch the BIOS and I can’t leave the BIOS without forcing the PC to stop It relaunch the BIOS everytime I leave it.I tried to...
  9. PC crashing when playing games

PC crashing when playing games: my pc is always crashing when i play games like gta 5 roblox far cry 5 minecraft and more i already tried resetting my pc but its still the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashing-when-playing-games/91134ea0-c3c7-42f1-89c4-beea666ba8a8
  10. PC Crashes When Not Playing Games

PC Crashes When Not Playing Games: Please read the entire post I have a Windows 10 PC with AMD Radeon graphics. 8GB installed ram. The PC often freezes and turns into a black screen, forcing me to reboot every time. When I play most games this does not happen only when I'm doing stuff unrelated to gaming. Only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc crashing games no error code

2. gta v status_access_violation

3. all games crashing pc no error code