Windows 10: pc crashing while playing video games - hardware error

Discus and support pc crashing while playing video games - hardware error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello! my pc's recently started freezing up/crashing frequently while playing video games and i'm not entirely sure what's the cause my pc should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sean_00, May 15, 2022.

1. sean_00 Win User

pc crashing while playing video games - hardware error

hello! my pc's recently started freezing up/crashing frequently while playing video games and i'm not entirely sure what's the cause my pc should be well-equipped to be running these games.my graphics card drivers are up to date and i've checked for memory issues and none have come up. wondering if someone could help. DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 144Parameter 1: 1003Parameter 2: ffff80071d59c9a0Parameter

:)

sean_00, May 15, 2022
  2. DrZoo Win User

PC Crashes While Gaming, error 0xC0000005

As of lately, my computer will crash randomly while playing mostly graphically intensive games. I can do normal things on my PC all day long and play low end games with pretty much no problem. As soon as I play GTA 5, BF4, or something of that graphic capability the application will crash. Sometimes within a few minutes, but mostly within a 15-30 min period.

Quite frequently, the Runescape Client (queue jokes) window will randomly close too. I kind of feel like this is the same issue going on. However, with this being much less graphically intense, it happens less frequently or takes longer for a crash to occur.

99% of the time I get the same 0xC0000005 error (means the program has attempted to access memory that it shouldn't. ), on rare occasions it will BSOD with a 1A MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error or a 4E PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

This has become extremely annoying and I don't quite know where to pinpoint the problem, and all of these seem to be memory related issues. Due to the fact that it mostly happens with graphically intense games, I want to point my finger at my video card.

I was wondering what ideas you guys might have? I thought about stress testing my video card to see if it will crash again. I don't really know how to strictly test the memory of a video card, but that was my best guess. Below are the troubleshooting tips I have tried, as well as links to pictures from Event Viewer, Bluescreenview, and debug reports from WinDBG for the 1A and 4E errors are attached.

Troubleshooting steps I have done are:
    • Tried reverting back to the last "most stable" driver for my GPU (Clean Install)
    • Updated video drivers to the latest version (Clean install)
    • Checked my SSD for errors using software from the vendor (Don't believe this is an issue because two games are on different disks, and the same thing happens)
    • Checked my RAM with memtest86 for 24 hours (Did this twice now)
    • Scanned for malware, no threats found
    • Used CCleaner to clean crap off of my computer
    • Ensured Windows was fully up-to-date with the latest critical and optional patches

Pictures:
    imgur.com

DrZoo, May 15, 2022
  3. Windows crashes 10 minutes after starting any game error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hello Dima,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with unexpected crash after playing any game. We will certainly help you.

The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124. This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

• When you say "My System crashes", did you get Blue Screen?
    Blue screens (BSOD) mostly occurs due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM,
    and video card problem.

We suggest you to try the steps from the below link and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 15, 2022
  4. pc crashing while playing video games - hardware error

losing audio when playing video games

Hi,

To isolate what's causing the issue you're experiencing, kindly provide us with some additional details:

• Were there any recent software or hardware changes made to your system prior to the issue?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps in trying to resolve it?
    • Do you experience the issue only when you're playing a certain video game?

Awaiting for your response.

Joanna 777, May 15, 2022
Thema:

pc crashing while playing video games - hardware error

1. pc crashing while playing video games - hardware error - Similar Threads - crashing while playing

2. PC crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing while playing games: My PC has been crashing whenever I play games. I usually see this error when I play Lethal Company and Roblox Also when calling on the discord app. I can't seem to figure out why. It always comes with this sound https://youtu.be/ayndfhu6W407si=Yrn4PZCZ1ymFylus After looking...
  3. PC crashes while playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes while playing a game: HiMu PC crashes while playing a gameIt only occurs while a game is running. Suddenly the PC crashes and I have to restart it manually with the button.If I go to the event viewer I see these errors:El servicio GLCKIO2 no pudo iniciarse debido al siguiente error: El sistema no...
  4. Computer crashing while playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing while playing video games: Hi! I've got a problem with my computer. It keeps crashing whenever I play some videos games, but never when I do other things. I'm playing and after a few minutes usually 5min to 60min my screen freezes and the sound would still play. I can't do anything but hard reset the...
  5. Computer crashing while playing video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashing while playing video games: Hi! I've got a problem with my computer. It keeps crashing whenever I play some videos games, but never when I do other things. I'm playing and after a few minutes usually 5min to 60min my screen freezes and the sound would still play. I can't do anything but hard reset the...
  6. Computer crashing while playing video games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. pc crashing while playing video games - hardware error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc crashing while playing video games - hardware error: hello! my pc's recently started freezing up/crashing frequently while playing video games and i'm not entirely sure what's the cause my pc should be well-equipped to be running these games.my graphics card drivers are up to date and i've checked for memory issues and none...
  8. pc crashing while playing video games - hardware error

pc crashing while playing video games - hardware error: hello! my pc's recently started freezing up/crashing frequently while playing video games and i'm not entirely sure what's the cause my pc should be well-equipped to be running these games.my graphics card drivers are up to date and i've checked for memory issues and none...
  9. PC crashes while playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes while playing game: My whole PC freezes then restarts itself while I'm playing games and I received three different bug check codesSpecs areI9 10850kZ490-E STRIX3080 STRIX OC32GB 36000 mhz ram750SFX Platinum PSU from CorsairHere’s the link for minidump. Any help would be great....
  10. PC crashes while playing game

PC crashes while playing game: My whole PC freezes then restarts itself while I'm playing games and I received three different bug check codesSpecs areI9 10850kZ490-E STRIX3080 STRIX OC32GB 36000 mhz ram750SFX Platinum PSU from CorsairHere’s the link for minidump. Any help would be great....