Windows 10: PC crashing with BSOD abruptly with KMODE_EXCEPTION and WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support PC crashing with BSOD abruptly with KMODE_EXCEPTION and WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The PC continues to run normally after boot but randomly freezes and then crashes with BSOD stating either KMODE_EXCEPTION or WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Paras Naren, Nov 12, 2020.

1. PC crashing with BSOD abruptly with KMODE_EXCEPTION and WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

The PC continues to run normally after boot but randomly freezes and then crashes with BSOD stating either KMODE_EXCEPTION or WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

I also have Citrix Adapter running on the system, and once when trying to uninstall and reinstall the adapter the system crashed again.

I have attached a OneDrive link to the .dmp files generated as well as msinfo32 of my systemhere

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqCBTKC9lk6RgROpV_ky7EvaPKdk?e=M2jZ1N

:)

Paras Naren, Nov 12, 2020

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION _NOT_HANDLED error / Frequent Crashes

Hi everyone,

This computer has been running smoothly for 5-7 years. Recently it started repeatedly crashing to a BSOD with KMODE_EXCEPTION _NOT_HANDLED error within 5 minutes. No specific stop code after KMODE error.

Things I've done:

• uninstalled windows updates, then reinstalled
    • reinstalled a number of drivers: keyboard, mouse, HIDs, headset
    • Physical internal cleaning of the computer.
    • reconnected everything inside - RAM, power supply, fans, hard drives, GPU, WI-FI card, new thermal paste for CPU
    • System Restore
    • Reimaged with a new installation of Windows 10

Here is a link to the .dmp files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lWC4EoRpSqZeH3kYSt-IXuK_g9YVdPbH?usp=sharing

Some more info about the PC:

CPU: Intel i7

Motherboard: ASrock P67 extreme 4

RAM: 16 GB

PSU: Corsair tx750

GPU: Radeon HD 6950

SSD: Adata 120 120GB

HDD: 1000GB Samsung

Issue persists. Tried to read the .dmp files but not able to decipher anything from it. Any help would be apprectiated.

aubbajabba3, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Nov 12, 2020
  4. rettirc Win User

PC crashing with BSOD abruptly with KMODE_EXCEPTION and WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Windows 10 crashes abruptly

In the last two months, my PC has been crashing abruptly during gaming sessions. When I examine the system's events in Event Viewer, I see a lot of Event ID 7023 before the crashes:

"The User Data Access_8a7dac6 service terminated with the following error: Unable to complete the requested operation because of either a catastrophic media failure or a data structure corruption on the disk."

I followed the Microsoft Support Engineer's troubleshooting steps in this forum: Event ID 7023 Error. Computer keeps crashing. That
    seemed to have worked for 20 days, until just now, when the PC suddenly crashed and rebooted again.

I saved the Event Viewer log as a file and can provide it if needed. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated - I've never seen a crash like this before.

rettirc, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

PC crashing with BSOD abruptly with KMODE_EXCEPTION and WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

1. PC crashing with BSOD abruptly with KMODE_EXCEPTION and WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - crashing BSOD abruptly

2. system crashes abruptly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system crashes abruptly: even after reinstallation of windows 11 my surface pro is crashing frequently https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-crashes-abruptly/ad90dfd6-7d96-440b-97fc-f357518218e1
  3. system crashes abruptly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system crashes abruptly: even after reinstallation of windows 11 my surface pro is crashing frequently https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-crashes-abruptly/ad90dfd6-7d96-440b-97fc-f357518218e1
  4. BSoD KMODE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD KMODE_EXCEPTION: So this is sort of a follow up to this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-bluescreens-a-day-various-error-codes/a8d3b007-6f5e-4b86-bd80-c4a5a395f687So I have not had bluescreens much ever since this post but they have appeared more often the...
  5. Update causes KMODE_EXCEPTION BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update causes KMODE_EXCEPTION BSOD: Ran an update last night and encountered the above mentioned issue. Attempts to boot into safe mode cause the same issue. Attempts to roll back are met with a notice that my password is incorrect despite having verified its correct on other devices.My laptop Dell G7 7588 is...
  6. BSOD - irql_not_less_or_equal//watchdog_violation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD - irql_not_less_or_equal//watchdog_violation: Hello, I recently built a gaming pc, but since doing so I have had a plethora of different BSOD. This is my most recent. They only seem to happen when I'm on my desktop or just browsing the internet. They never really happen when I'm in games. I'm not sure if that helps. I've...
  7. Watchdog_violation BSOD Minidump included

Watchdog_violation BSOD Minidump included: I am having this issue with my laptop. I cant seem to resolve it. Any kind souls can help me out? Greatly appreciate. Minidump link : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkrAZGOD4Xk_kDlvpwe8j9nuoY_e?e=50mKSm...
  8. KMODE_EXCEPTION _NOT_HANDLED error / Frequent Crashes

KMODE_EXCEPTION _NOT_HANDLED error / Frequent Crashes: Hi everyone, This computer has been running smoothly for 5-7 years. Recently it started repeatedly crashing to a BSOD with KMODE_EXCEPTION _NOT_HANDLED error within 5 minutes. No specific stop code after KMODE error. Things I've done: uninstalled windows updates, then...
  9. Recent BSOD with Kmode_exception

Recent BSOD with Kmode_exception: I have been having a few BSOD instances with Kmod_exception... I first tried updating my GPU drivers and it appeared that the problem went away, however I ended up having the exact same crash report 2 more times while in the middle of playing/launching a game. I did my best...
  10. BSOD DPC-WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD DPC-WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff800c7ef7378, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 07e8987e-bdbe-4ca9-8de0-d3e6cef33d26. I'm receiving this error...