Windows 10: pc crashing with two ram sticks .

Discus and support pc crashing with two ram sticks . in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys,I'm using Windows 11 with msi b450 tomahawk and Ryzen 7 2700x, I have used 8gb corsair ddr4CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 version 3.31 3000mhz 16-20-20-28... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chanu., Feb 25, 2024.

1. Chanu. Win User

pc crashing with two ram sticks .

Hi guys,I'm using Windows 11 with msi b450 tomahawk and Ryzen 7 2700x, I have used 8gb corsair ddr4CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 version 3.31 3000mhz 16-20-20-28 enabled xmp at 2933mhz for 4 years with no issues, I have updated today to two 16gb corsair 3200 MHz sticks CMK16GX4M1E3200C16 version 3.41, my pc crashes when I'm using themthe blue screens are also not immediate they happen after hours of usage, like when I'm browsing its bsod's right after I open a new tab,things I've tried.manually setting the timings and voltage ran Cinebench fine and gave good score but crashed after I opened for

:)

Chanu., Feb 25, 2024
  2. ubuysa Win User

My PC crash eventID 41/Kernel-Power

There is only one dump in the upload and it very strongly suggests a RAM problem (it's a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bugcheck). The apparent crashes in the system log also suggest a RAM issue. I would suggest that you remove one RAM stick and run on just one for a while. Then swap RAM sticks and run on just the other for the same length of time. If it BSODs on one stick and not the other then you have your answer.

ubuysa, Feb 25, 2024
  3. FurbyBoi Win User
    Blue Screen and application crashes after adding new RAM stick

Hi,

After installing new RAM stick my Windows keeps closing some apps by itself (Chrome browser for example).

I also get blue screens of many different types but one of them was memory failure. The RAM sticks are not the same

but they have the same speed and voltage. BIOS sees them both and correctly shows speed and amount of memory.

I tried to "make" the PC crash by opening hundred of Chrome tabs but task manager shown that memory is working correctly

(using 12 out of 16gb so 2 8gb ram sticks must have worked). Unfortunately when I get into games I either get blue screen or

app crashes. I tested it in League of Legends and Vampyr. I have Asus Z370-p motherboard, i5 8400 and GTX 1060 6gb.

Is buying 2 exactly the same ram sticks necesarry to solve this issue?

Thanks for the help in advance.

FurbyBoi, Feb 25, 2024
  4. pc crashing with two ram sticks .

Installed a new stick of DDR4 RAM and system started crashing ever since.

Hi, I'm Robinson, and I’m happy to help you today.

As the problem occurs only when the new RAM stick is connected, there are three possible causes:

-Your Bios version is outdated and didn't support the amount of RAM or the speed of the new RAM stick. Check on your laptop manufacturer's website if there is a new version of the Bios and update it before connecting the new RAM.

-The new RAM stick is not compatible with your laptop. You need to check your laptop manufacturer's website list of compatible RAM and check if your new RAM meets the requirements.

-The new RAM stick is damaged. In this case, the only solution is to replace it with a new one. Check if is under warranty and contact the RAM stick vendor or manufacturer to replace it.

RobinsonSilvestre, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

pc crashing with two ram sticks .

1. pc crashing with two ram sticks . - Similar Threads - crashing ram sticks

2. pc crashing with two ram sticks .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc crashing with two ram sticks .: Hi guys,I'm using Windows 11 with msi b450 tomahawk and Ryzen 7 2700x, I have used 8gb corsair ddr4CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 version 3.31 3000mhz 16-20-20-28 enabled xmp at 2933mhz for 4 years with no issues, I have updated today to two 16gb corsair 3200 MHz sticks CMK16GX4M1E3200C16...
  3. New pc works with 1 ram, but not with 2 ram sticks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New pc works with 1 ram, but not with 2 ram sticks?: Built a new pcMsi pro b650 wifiRyzen 7700xCorsair 2x16gb 5600mhzNvidia geforce 4070 ventus x3 ocWd 1 tb nvme I had a lot of trouble getting it to run. Eventually I managed it to output display with 1 ram installed in slot 2 priority per manual. I was able to install windows...
  4. New pc works with 1 ram, but not with 2 ram sticks?

New pc works with 1 ram, but not with 2 ram sticks?: Built a new pcMsi pro b650 wifiRyzen 7700xCorsair 2x16gb 5600mhzNvidia geforce 4070 ventus x3 ocWd 1 tb nvme I had a lot of trouble getting it to run. Eventually I managed it to output display with 1 ram installed in slot 2 priority per manual. I was able to install windows...
  5. New pc works with 1 ram, but not with 2 ram sticks?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram Stick: Hi i just wanna ask question about my ram here is the problem my computer will stuck at login and get random bsod and freeze when i put both of my ram and my second ram is the suspect,Ive already use memtest and they all pass can i ask what the problem and should i buy a new...
  7. Ram Stick

Ram Stick: Hi i just wanna ask question about my ram here is the problem my computer will stuck at login and get random bsod and freeze when i put both of my ram and my second ram is the suspect,Ive already use memtest and they all pass can i ask what the problem and should i buy a new...
  8. Ram Stick

9. Is it a bad idea to have two ram sticks from two different brands?

Is it a bad idea to have two ram sticks from two different brands?: Hey. I've got a question. Would two ram sticks Each 4gb from two brands cause performance issues? I've been upgrading some family laptops with such parts and I came accross this in a acer aspire v5 131-2497 where the original brand was ADATA with 4gb. and the others were...
  10. Randomly crash with 2 sticks of RAM but run fine with 1 stick.

Randomly crash with 2 sticks of RAM but run fine with 1 stick.: Part List -CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor -CPU Cooler Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler -Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard -Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory -Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series...