Windows 10: PC destroyed after Windows October Update

Discus and support PC destroyed after Windows October Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did this October update two days ago. After the update it started OK but after it went into the energy saving mode there was a message on the Monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KeithDean, Dec 24, 2018.

1. KeithDean Win User

PC destroyed after Windows October Update

I did this October update two days ago. After the update it started OK but after it went into the energy saving mode there was a message on the Monitor saying " no signal ". Turned the PC off and on many times-no boot screen. Nothing. Just the message " no signal" on the monitor screen. Read a report one could try to clear the CMOS on the motherboard. So I did that! What a job! It seemed to work though and the PC started normally. Microsoft get your act together!

:)

KeithDean, Dec 24, 2018
  2. yountmg Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Dec 24, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Dec 24, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC destroyed after Windows October Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

1. PC destroyed after Windows October Update - Similar Threads - destroyed October Update

2. Windows updates destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates destroyed my pc: When i updated windows my pc constantly crashed and now it won't even start before recent updates no problems but now it's destroyed i dont even know what to do my pc isn't even that old and its not like i have the money to buy a new pc what can i do...
  3. Windows updates destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates destroyed my pc: When i updated windows my pc constantly crashed and now it won't even start before recent updates no problems but now it's destroyed i dont even know what to do my pc isn't even that old and its not like i have the money to buy a new pc what can i do...
  4. Windows updates destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update Destroyed PC Game Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Destroyed PC Game Performance: Hello, Last year, I was playing Witcher 3 up until June, on high graphics settings and it was running smoothly, not lagging once. Yesterday, I reinstalled the game on the same PC, and during fights it lags like hell even on medium graphics settings!! I've reinstalled the...
  6. Windows update after October 1st

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update after October 1st: Okay, so I updated Windows on my laptop on the 1st and everything worked, but then at about the 4th it updated again and now it says "Your PC did not start correctly" I need help fixing this....
  7. My pc is destroyed after update.

My pc is destroyed after update.: After update I turned my pc on and it just continued to try and load. Did this a couple times. Tried to system.restore wouldn't let me. Tried to reset . Wouldn't let me. Tried all thru command prompt also. Rebooted a couple more times. Popped the battery a couple times. Now...
  8. Windows 10 update: Destroyed my PC

Windows 10 update: Destroyed my PC: I updated Windows 10 on my PC today. I tried to postpone this update but the system messages persuaded me... And after that my PC have been unavailable... It needs 10 minutes to boot and after logging in I receive a message: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop...
  9. BSOD after October Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after October Update: About 5 days ago I installed the October update manually and after that I get 10 bsod per day. The most common errors are: memery managment, access violation, page fault in nonpaged area and other. Errors indicate that I have a problem with RAM. Taking out one of the slats, I...
  10. no audio after october update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio after october update: after October 10 update I have no audio and no microphone on my hp laptop. what do I do? I see many people have a similar problem and have tried many options to no avail. Do you just wait for another update to fix?? I;m not very computer savvy....