Windows 10: Pc detect only HDMI sound

Discus and support Pc detect only HDMI sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today i bought a new monitor [Asus VG245] i connected it with my pc,everything good until i wanted to play some games when i realise that i can.t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Slaiphar, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Slaiphar Win User

Pc detect only HDMI sound

Today i bought a new monitor [Asus VG245] i connected it with my pc,everything good until i wanted to play some games when i realise that i can.t change the sound from hdmi monitor to my headsets or speaker cuz the windows day that they are not plugged in.After 1-2 hours with network solutions he isnt working.I got 2 devices who are "not plugged in" but i even start and turn off pc with them connected/disc and nothing change I dont have realtek audio and network connection on pc.I tried everything that is on network to fix it but still not working

Sorry for my bad eng,i hope u understand my probleme!
    The for your time!

:)

Slaiphar, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jun 1, 2019
  3. No sound from HDMI, Not detected HDMI.Windows 10

I have desktop PC and a Samsung TV.

Everything is fine except the sound. I connect the TV with a good HDMI (checked) cable and is working good as a screen. I don't have sound from my TV though.

I searched and tried all the suggested solutions but nothing.

I don't find my TV to the playback devices.

I cannot find the HDMI as an sound exit. "show disabled devices" is checked.

I don't know what else to do.

A strange fact is that in Device Manager my TV is not visible in "Monitors". Only "Generic PnP monitor" is listed.

ΑπόστολοςΧριστόφαλος, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Pc detect only HDMI sound

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Pc detect only HDMI sound

1. Pc detect only HDMI sound - Similar Threads - detect HDMI sound

2. HDMI not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI not detecting monitor: Hi,I am WFH at the moment and have been using my laptop and Dell monitor for a dual screen, it was working fine first thing this morning but Windows then did some form of update and now the monitor is not being detected through the HDMI cable, I tried this with another cable...
  3. HDMI not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI not detecting monitor: Hi,I am WFH at the moment and have been using my laptop and Dell monitor for a dual screen, it was working fine first thing this morning but Windows then did some form of update and now the monitor is not being detected through the HDMI cable, I tried this with another cable...
  4. HDMI Signal Not Detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI Signal Not Detected: My monitor goes black when I play now most games and recently sometimes it goes off during Zoom meetings. I can hear the audio, but can't get a picture back. The only way to get video again is to reboot which is a serious hassle most of the time The message I get is no HDMI...
  5. HDMI device detected Windows 10 producing sound but no sound on TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI device detected Windows 10 producing sound but no sound on TV: Hello, I've recently fresh-installed Windows 10 Home on my Alienware 15 laptop. I've had it working with an external TV connected through HDMI. before the fresh install. In short, hardware wise nothing should be wrong. Cable, the TV and HDMI jack were working just fine a few...
  6. Recently Built PC Not Detecting HDMI Output (Sound)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recently Built PC Not Detecting HDMI Output (Sound): I connected my soundbar to my PC via HDMI. However, the soundbar isn't even detected. The output device is still "Digital Audio (HDMI) (2- High Definition Audio). For reference, I am running a Ryzen 7 4700G with integrated graphics. Does anyone have any idea on how to get...
  7. HDMI sound have 5.1 sound selected but only stereo is being played

HDMI sound have 5.1 sound selected but only stereo is being played: Hello. I am running hdmi from windows 10 pc to a marantz integrated amp via hdmi. I have selected 5.1 sound but in all movies, it is only outputting in stereo. In the test, all channels work. My sound driver is intel. Ive tried all the different sample rates. Any...
  8. HDMI Sound

HDMI Sound: hello. my audio doesnt play on the tv when i connect with hdmi cable, it keeps playing at my laptop. how to solve this ya? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-sound/48f82785-6f0d-4465-b1e2-3416911e854d
  9. Sound only going to monitor (HDMI)

Sound only going to monitor (HDMI): Hello! On a fresh install of Windows 10 my sound works fine. Then when I install the drivers and utilities that come with my motherboard (MSI Z370I) I loose the sound and it appears to be sent to my monitor despite me changing it to "Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio" (which has...
  10. HDMI/No sound

HDMI/No sound: How is it possible that so many people can have the same problem, write in this forum so many times and I can't find a fix answer. Device connected with HDMI cord will not show up in the "sounds" as an option to be selected....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. only hdmi audio detected