Windows 10: PC Diagnostic Report from Norton

Discus and support PC Diagnostic Report from Norton in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I ran a Diagnostic Report from my Norton Internet Security Online antivirus, and its saying that my OS isn't fully patched or updated. Can someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Oct 14, 2015.

1. PC Diagnostic Report from Norton

I ran a Diagnostic Report from my Norton Internet Security Online antivirus, and its saying that my OS isn't fully patched or updated.

Can someone help me figure out what I need to do to fix this from it saying this message?

:)

Jesse Williams, Oct 14, 2015

2. Windows 10 operating system missing key or performance patches

Thanks for the reply.

I also ask Norton for this Diagnostic Report explanation. Hopefully waiting for solution.!

Nahid Hasan Niloy, Oct 14, 2015
  3. stekins Win User
    Norton security diagnostics reports windows 10 missing security or performance patch updates

PC Diagnostic Report from Norton [​IMG]

I have had this problem with my Windows 10 Pro edition for my desktop but not with any of my laptop Windows 10 Home editions. I have installed windows 10 pro at least 6 times all different ways such as from update, clean install and refresh/reset windows.
    No matter what I do Norton security still reports windows not up to but windows update reports it is fully updated.

I called both Microsoft and Norton and they both took remote control of my system and found no issues with their software. Both MS and Norton said it was the others program not working correctly. This is frustrating as it must be one or the others issue
    to fix.

Please help if possible

stekins, Oct 14, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

PC Diagnostic Report from Norton

My guess is that Norton has not fully configured their AV for windows 10. When Win 8 came out I had these sorts of problems with Norton. I would run windows update (Go to Settings>Update & Security and click on Check for Updates.) and if it says it is up to date I would trust that and not worry about the Norton AV report.

JohnC, Oct 14, 2015
  5. Thanks JohnC. I found out that it definitely is Norton. It's a bug that they are working on fixing.

There are also known bugs that I have noticed in Windows 10. Sometimes, the Start Menu is slow to open, Microsoft Edge freezes up and says "Not Responding" on some sites, and Windows 10 is very sensitive especially with my touchpad. Whenever I am typing, I will accidentally bump it and if I am on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, or Google Chrome, it always changes the zoom size.

Do you know how to fix these known Windows 10 bugs?

Jesse Williams, Oct 14, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    A lot of websites are not optimized for Edge yet, I still use IE or firefox most of the time just to avoid the "not responding" problems. That will be fixed over time, same with the touchpad drivers. Windows 10 is still very new and it will take a while for 3rd party vendors to catch up. I'd look in the tutorial section for start menu problems, you can use the search box at the top of the page.

JohnC, Oct 14, 2015
  7. Okay. Thanks for that information. I am a Windows Insider, but am not participating in it at this time.

Jesse Williams, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC Diagnostic Report from Norton

1. PC Diagnostic Report from Norton - Similar Threads - Diagnostic Report Norton

2. Memory Diagnostic Report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Diagnostic Report: I am testing a Windows 10 laptop for memory problems. I ran the standard diagnostic process which restarts the machine. Unfortunately, the diagnostic report is not shown. Apparently this is by design. According to responses to this site, rather than present a message, it...
  3. Memory Diagnostic Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Diagnostic Report: I am testing a Windows 10 laptop for memory problems. I ran the standard diagnostic process which restarts the machine. Unfortunately, the diagnostic report is not shown. Apparently this is by design. According to responses to this site, rather than present a message, it...
  4. Memory Diagnostic Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report: Hey i have been fixing this problems for days i wonder can you guys look into it Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report Computer NameDESKTOP-D579UAV Scan Time2020-12-15T13:08:25Z Scan Duration60 seconds System ManufacturerLENOVO System Product Name81LK BIOS Date03/21/2019 BIOS...
  6. Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report: Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report Computer NameDESKTOP-QGDTV1T Scan Time2020-01-18T11:44:34Z Scan Duration60 seconds System ManufacturerSystem manufacturer System Product NameSystem Product Name BIOS Date06/18/2019 BIOS Version5007 OS Build18363 Platform...
  7. Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report: Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report Computer Name DELLOPTIPLEX902 Scan Time 2020-01-03T21:40:21Z Scan Duration 60 seconds System Manufacturer Dell Inc. System Product Name OptiPlex 9020 BIOS Date 05/30/2019 BIOS Version A25 OS Build 18363 Platform Role PlatformRoleDesktop...
  8. Diagnostic data/Problem Reports

Diagnostic data/Problem Reports: I recently installed diagnostic data viewer and see a bunch of issues which apparently have been reported to Microsoft I guess, not 100% sure, but these issue on my PC will they be fixed by updates or would I have to take PC to a technician for repairs. Note PC still running...
  9. How to Respond to This System Diagnostic Report?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Respond to This System Diagnostic Report?: I ran the System Diagnostics Report that is generated in Computer Management under Performance--Data Collector Sets--System—System Diagnostics. Here is a screenshot summary of the results (the full System Diagnostic Report is 123 pages long). My system appears to be...
  10. Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10: How to: Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 How to Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 [img] Information A system diagnostics report is a part of Performance Monitor that details the status of local hardware resources, system response times,...