Windows 10: PC disconnects from wired ethernet every night

Discus and support PC disconnects from wired ethernet every night in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every morning when I get to work the PC is awake, but all of my programs either report that they have been disconnected or start reconnecting to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Raident, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Raident Win User

PC disconnects from wired ethernet every night

Every morning when I get to work the PC is awake, but all of my programs either report that they have been disconnected or start reconnecting to the network when I unlock the computer.

Is there some power option that's causing the network adapter to turn off overnight?

:)

Raident, Jan 31, 2017

2. In windows 10 reboot results in a lock-up at 30% complete can anyone say why

Try disconnecting from the Internet (Ethernet) wired and wireless to see if it progresses.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 31, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Pro Installation

Disconnect from the Internet (wired Ethernet and wireless) during installation or during the Out of Box Experience.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 31, 2017
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Device Manager, find your Network adapter, right click, properties. Power Management tab, uncheck.

wyldman68, Jan 31, 2017
  5. Raident Win User
    I unchecked that option, but sadly the network adapter still turns off every night *Sad

Is there something else that also needs to be disabled?

Raident, Feb 5, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Power Settings. It also could just be your gateway going into "Green Mode". It saves electricity by shutting down the ports that are not answering to heart beats.

bro67, Feb 6, 2017
  7. Raident Win User
    Actually, I had a Windows 7 PC plugged into the same port until I got a new PC 2 weeks ago, and this never happened with the old PC.

Raident, Feb 6, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Something is causing the Gateway or computer to forget to connect when you bring it back out of S3 state. You can check for errors with the Powercfg command and flag for making a file that you can see if there is a issue.

Try uninstalling the driver and adapter, then reboot and reinstall. Make sure you check the extra power settings, that it does not show that the part about letting ethernet bringing it of sleep is checked

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PC disconnects from wired ethernet every night - Similar Threads - disconnects wired ethernet

2. Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC: Hi my PC is currently running Windows 10 and my HP Officejet 5740 is connected to the router via LAN. I accidentally deleted the printer from my PC and now I can't seem to reconnect it. I'd tried to manually create a TCP/IP port, I've disabled my firewall completely, I've...
  3. Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC: Hi my PC is currently running Windows 10 and my HP Officejet 5740 is connected to the router via LAN. I accidentally deleted the printer from my PC and now I can't seem to reconnect it. I'd tried to manually create a TCP/IP port, I've disabled my firewall completely, I've...
  4. Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Project from Windows PC to PC over Ethernet Wired, Not Wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Project from Windows PC to PC over Ethernet Wired, Not Wireless: Is there any way to project a windows PC to PC over LAN?I have seen Micracast over Infrastructure by Microsoft. Why doesn't Microsoft have a "Wired Display" additional feature like they do for "Wireless Display"?Why hasn't Microsoft made this possible?I am not interested in...
  6. Project from Windows PC to PC over Ethernet Wired, Not Wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Project from Windows PC to PC over Ethernet Wired, Not Wireless: Is there any way to project a windows PC to PC over LAN?I have seen Micracast over Infrastructure by Microsoft. Why doesn't Microsoft have a "Wired Display" additional feature like they do for "Wireless Display"?Why hasn't Microsoft made this possible?I am not interested in...
  7. Ethernet disconnecting after every restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet disconnecting after every restart: Hi all, recently I am having this issue where I would be disconnected from Ethernet after every restart or wake from sleep. I will have to run the troubleshooter and it would fix magically in a few minutes. However, this is annoying and I did not change anything. Does anyone...
  8. PC Reboots every night?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Reboots every night?: A computer on our group reboots every night. The group policy is set to disable automatic updates (also I don't think there are nightly updates). There isn't anything in the power settings set to reboot or anything, no scheduled task I can find. It is set to not go to...
  9. network frequently disconnects, both ethernet(wired) and USB(wireless)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network frequently disconnects, both ethernet(wired) and USB(wireless): My system has been frequently disconnecting from my network for several months. I connect via ethernet cable using the Realtek PCIe GbE adapter built into the motherboard. I've updated the driver both from the motherboard manufacturer as well as directly from Realtek with...
  10. Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionally

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionally: Hello, I've been having trouble with my Ethernet connection to my computer. Recently, after installing updates for Windows 10 my computer has randomly disconnected my Ethernet connection to it. I've made sure the modem works fine, and I've also done various steps to try to...