Windows 10: Pc Display Becomes only static, and having to unplug and replug in HDMI cord to fix

Discus and support Pc Display Becomes only static, and having to unplug and replug in HDMI cord to fix in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had my Rx 480 8GB for a little over a year now but recently the I've been having issues with the display. It randomly becomes purely static and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WaylenWasylenka, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Pc Display Becomes only static, and having to unplug and replug in HDMI cord to fix

I've had my Rx 480 8GB for a little over a year now but recently the I've been having issues with the display. It randomly becomes purely static and unplugging the HDMI cord and plugging it back in seems to work. All drivers are up to date. Any help is much appreciated!

:)

WaylenWasylenka, Mar 27, 2021

2. Wireless USB Adapter has to be unplugged and replugged

Every now and then my wireless USB adapter has to be unplugged and replugged because for some reason its performance just gets worse and worse with time. I'll plug it in and get full internet speed 18Mbps down with full bars and then slowly it just drops to 48, 32, 11... with like 2 bars.

Once I unplug and replug, bam full speed again.

Am I doomed to just doing this or is their a fix? Google provided little input.

Linksys AE2500

AphexDreamer, Mar 27, 2021
  3. PC to TV via HDMI Cord

I'm trying to stream video on my TV from my computer using an HDMI cord. Both have an HDMI port. The TV is the HDMI2 port. I've done everything suggested on the web to get his to work. I do have 2 display ports/cards because I use 3 monitors. I thought that might be an issue so I disabled one of them and had only one monitor/card running. Still the computer will not acknowledge the TV being connected. So, I tried a VGA cord from the computer to the TV. Still the computer does not recognize the TV. I've changed resolution, tried powering up in different order, trying all the options with SHIFT+P. Still no luck. I'm going to go and get a new HDMI cable today, maybe the one I have is bad. Any ideas? I've tried most of them that are on the web.

Thanks!

M!

mitchbrooks1, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Pc Display Becomes only static, and having to unplug and replug in HDMI cord to fix

HDMI cord/picture and no sound on t.v.

Hey Greg, Thanks for replying and My problem is solved! The first fix you listed did it. Putting the Toshiba speakers as the default worked. I was worried I would have to go back and forth with the speaker defaults,
    but I just streamed on Netflix and as soon as I unplugged the HDMI cord the speakers worked on my laptop. So thanks again I appreciate it-Erik

ErikJohnson_465, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Pc Display Becomes only static, and having to unplug and replug in HDMI cord to fix

1. Pc Display Becomes only static, and having to unplug and replug in HDMI cord to fix - Similar Threads - Display Becomes static

2. i cant seem to change my pc from display cord to HDMI a blank screen appears when i unplug...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant seem to change my pc from display cord to HDMI a blank screen appears when i unplug...: monitor is a titan army model number: N27QW 27graphics card is Nvidia 360ti https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-seem-to-change-my-pc-from-display-cord-to/d4a378a1-de0f-41bf-a5f5-59ce777ebfd1
  3. i cant seem to change my pc from display cord to HDMI a blank screen appears when i unplug...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i cant seem to change my pc from display cord to HDMI a blank screen appears when i unplug...: monitor is a titan army model number: N27QW 27graphics card is Nvidia 360ti https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-seem-to-change-my-pc-from-display-cord-to/d4a378a1-de0f-41bf-a5f5-59ce777ebfd1
  4. i cant seem to change my pc from display cord to HDMI a blank screen appears when i unplug...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Laptop not receiving hdmi cord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not receiving hdmi cord: So my windows 10 laptop screen is broken and I use a hdmi cord to connect it to a monitor. It was working perfectly fine but then the hdmi cord got broken, so i got a new one. When I plug it in the monitor lights up saying its working but my laptops hdmi light doesnt turn on...
  6. If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off: If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off it says 0% available windows 11 Lenovo pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplug-the-power-cord-the-pc-goes-off/44d424cf-91ab-4634-b3e2-3d25bcb816a7
  7. If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off: If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off it says 0% available windows 11 Lenovo pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplug-the-power-cord-the-pc-goes-off/44d424cf-91ab-4634-b3e2-3d25bcb816a7
  8. Unplug and replugging laptop ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unplug and replugging laptop ssd: hi, i wanna replug my ssd on my lenovo laptop, is it safe to do so? if i disconnect my ssd, then replug it, will it boot? take note that the only boot source is my ssd, as my hdd is clean. thank you....
  9. black screen on bootup, fixed by unplug and replug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    black screen on bootup, fixed by unplug and replug HDMI cable: So every time I boot my computer, my monitor doesn't recognize that there's any signal coming from the computer and immediately goes into the "low power" / power saving mode. This is "fixed" by unplugging and plugging back in my HDMI cable from my graphics card, meaning the...
  10. PC to TV via HDMI Cord

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC to TV via HDMI Cord: I'm trying to stream video on my TV from my computer using an HDMI cord. Both have an HDMI port. The TV is the HDMI2 port. I've done everything suggested on the web to get his to work. I do have 2 display ports/cards because I use 3 monitors. I thought that might be an issue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi 4k static unplug