Windows 10: Pc display is not turning on

Discus and support Pc display is not turning on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i have this problem where i turn on my pc and it shows everything like the windows logo loading tben it turns black not full black likes its off and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JASniper, Dec 10, 2020.

1. JASniper Win User

Pc display is not turning on

So i have this problem where i turn on my pc and it shows everything like the windows logo loading tben it turns black not full black likes its off and it shows another loading dot circle then it disapears. I sit there and the monitor doesnt do anything and I cannof login into my computer. It would be easier to show with a video as using words makes me sound crazy

:)

JASniper, Dec 10, 2020
  2. jorog(2) Win User

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Dec 10, 2020
  3. Pc turns on, but will not display anything

So as the title says my pc will now turn on, but it will not display anything on the monitors. i have tried one and both monitors.

list of what i have tried

putting my video card into my dads computer.
    resetting cmos by taking bat out for 10-15min

thats all i have tried but it worked before i had turned it off from it being plugged into my tv.

I don't know what to do again, Arg i am starting to hate pc's i want a mac so bad now.......

thanks for the help in advance.

freaksavior, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Pc display is not turning on

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Hi Jorog,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

• Since when you are facing this issue?
    • Is your computer up to date?
    Until you reply back to us with the required information, you may follow the below suggestions

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • You may create the new power plan by clicking on the Create a powerplan
      on left navigation pane.
    • Assign the name you wish to new power plan, click on Next and change the settings accordingly and click on
      Create.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Select your current plan and click on Change plan settings. (The power plan which you have created in the step 1
    • Set the Turn off the display to 5 minutes/any other time you wish.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Pc display is not turning on

1. Pc display is not turning on - Similar Threads - display turning

2. Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...
  3. Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...
  4. Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...
  6. Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...
  7. Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

8. WIndows 10 getting locked automatically even after turning off the screensaver, display,...

WIndows 10 getting locked automatically even after turning off the screensaver, display,...: I am using a Windows 10 OS which is getting locked automatically after sometime I leave it without any activity. I have tried to change multiple settings on other popular recommendations including turning screensaver, display off and sleep settings to "never". Yet the issue...
  9. Screen does not display anything when turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen does not display anything when turned on: When I turn on my laptop, nothing shows up on the screen. It seems to flash for a few seconds, but it’s barely noticeable and goes away. Is there anything I can do to fix this? also this is my fault, i had it in my backpack for several weeks, it also does not show damage in...
  10. Screen does not display anything when turned on

Screen does not display anything when turned on: When I turn on my laptop, nothing shows up on the screen. It seems to flash for a few seconds, but it’s barely noticeable and goes away. Is there anything I can do to fix this? also this is my fault, i had it in my backpack for several weeks, it also does not show damage in...