Windows 10: PC display slow to respond after time out

Discus and support PC display slow to respond after time out in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My display is set to go blank after several minutes. The computer has not gone to sleep. The display has gone blank (I have set this as opposed to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SJMaye, Apr 18, 2020.

1. SJMaye Win User

PC display slow to respond after time out

My display is set to go blank after several minutes. The computer has not gone to sleep. The display has gone blank (I have set this as opposed to a screen saver). The PC is still running. When I press a key or move the mouse it seems slow for the screen to come back on. Is this an HDMI thing or is it just the way it is?

My Windows 10 version number is 1903.

:)

SJMaye, Apr 18, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Apr 18, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC display slow to respond after time out :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 18, 2020
  4. SJMaye Win User

My display is set to go blank after several minutes. The computer has not gone to sleep. The display has gone blank (I have set this as opposed to a screen saver). The PC is still running. When I press a key or move the mouse it seems slow for the screen to come back on. Is this an HDMI thing or is it just the way it is?

My Windows 10 version number is 1903.

SJMaye, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

1. PC display slow to respond after time out - Similar Threads - display slow respond

2. Slow, not responding, after Quality Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow, not responding, after Quality Update: A few weeks ago I applied the following update to my PC:2023-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5027293Subsequently, my PC became very sluggish. Frequent displays of "not responding" both to internet requests and file...
  3. Slow, not responding, after Quality Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow, not responding, after Quality Update: A few weeks ago I applied the following update to my PC:2023-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5027293Subsequently, my PC became very sluggish. Frequent displays of "not responding" both to internet requests and file...
  4. Slow, not responding, after Quality Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Slow or not responding applications after reformat

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow or not responding applications after reformat: 2 days ago, I can still use my Dell Inspiron 15 5000windows 10 without any problems then last night, my laptop rebooted a bit longer than usual then all of my files were gone. All applications are very slow to open. I reformatted it for 16 hrs? And now, any application that I...
  6. Wireless display time-out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless display time-out: Hi,I'm using a laptop as 3rd wireless connected screen on my system. This was working fine, connected it in the morning and it stay connected till I disconnected it myself. Last weeks I didn't use it and now it is disconnecting randomly. I saw 1 or 2 times a message syaing...
  7. pc slow down after some time

pc slow down after some time: my pc specs are i3 7th gen laptop 8gb ram 1tb hddmy pc slows down after few hours of usage i.e casual browsing and zoom meetingswhen i restart pc it work fine for some time and then after using it for like 1-2 hours it starts to slow down and system responsiveness also...
  8. Display Blacks out after some time

Display Blacks out after some time: I have a GTX 1060. Used to work fine. I switched my PC on to do some work, did some Word/Excel/Zoom for 3 hours and decided to play GTA. Played for approx 1 Hour with no issues, then closed the game and went to do some work for 5 minutes. When I returned I saw the fans of the...
  9. Slow Pc, programmes Don’t respond, takes long time to restart.

Slow Pc, programmes Don’t respond, takes long time to restart.: Hi everyone, I’ve been experiencing some problems with my pc. Everything worked perfectly and a couple days ago it started going very slow, all of a sudden the programmes needed ages to load or they shut down. I’ve searched online and nothing works. I’ve ran it on safe...
  10. Display timing out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display timing out: My Display keeps timing out before I can connect my Laptop to my PC. Anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-timing-out/091b9e63-09d3-40d1-8757-5524fb63d708