Windows 10: PC displays nothing past Windows load - Need to boot into safe mode

Discus and support PC displays nothing past Windows load - Need to boot into safe mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I could just boot into safe mode by distrupting loading 3 times, but that does not work on my outdated windows 10 (update problem). I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dean--Miles, Sep 16, 2019.

1. PC displays nothing past Windows load - Need to boot into safe mode

I could just boot into safe mode by distrupting loading 3 times, but that does not work on my outdated windows 10 (update problem).

I have no installation disks and cannot aquire one.

I can still pass the login screen, but no display, due to a program preventing it from showing.

I think it's a 2017 version of windows 10, not sure.

I know that booting into safe mode will fix this. I am using an American Megatrends BIOS(not UEFI) if that helps.

Shift + F8 does not work.

:)

Dean--Miles, Sep 16, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Sep 16, 2019
  4. PC displays nothing past Windows load - Need to boot into safe mode

Display Driver / Safe Mode

My display driver gave out - I get a black screen now after windows 10 loads (can see stuff on screen up to the window's loading screen).

So, in the past, this is easy to fix. Boot windows into Safe mode and uninstall the driver then reinstall the driver or the previous driver etc.

Now? Someone help, if I can't boot into safe mode how the heck to I resolve this? Who the heck designed Windows 10 and decided to make "safe mode" only accessible through menus once you start windows? What value do you think safe mode has if I don't have the option to load it BEFORE window's loads? Girr - rant over.

Thanks in advance for any help.

spacesloth, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

PC displays nothing past Windows load - Need to boot into safe mode

1. PC displays nothing past Windows load - Need to boot into safe mode - Similar Threads - displays nothing past

2. Boot into safe mode question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot into safe mode question: Hey guys and Gals, I have a weird question for you. I have window 10 pro and tried to boot into safe mode command prompt but it wont accept my password. So I held down shift and restarted and got to command prompt option. System rebooted fine and then it asked me for my...
  3. Windows 10 boot to safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 boot to safe mode: I recently had my disk drive replaced by Dell. The new drive supposedly came the initial Windows 10 image I had received when I purchased the system. I am no longer able to boot into safe mode by holding down the <shift> key when booting the system. The boot tab in msconfig...
  4. boot windows 10 safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot windows 10 safe mode: How can I boot into safe mode or recovery on Lenovo Yoga 11e? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-windows-10-safe-mode/b836c78a-30ee-4c7f-beb0-7219767881f7
  5. Safe mode boot hell

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safe mode boot hell: hi.. i followed one of the suggestions to enable boot mode. that was to use msconfig and set the boot mode option. i just had it on minimal boot settings, what my problem is that when the boot mode comes up, it prompts me for a password for the MS account. i Enter the...
  6. Display Driver / Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Driver / Safe Mode: My display driver gave out - I get a black screen now after windows 10 loads (can see stuff on screen up to the window's loading screen). So, in the past, this is easy to fix. Boot windows into Safe mode and uninstall the driver then reinstall the driver or the previous...
  7. Shortcut to boot safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to boot safe mode: How can I make a desktop shortcut to reboot in safe mode? 85532
  8. Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode: In MSconfig I set windows to boot into safe mode, now it will not boot at all. Previously it booted into normal mode. I used a Windows recovery disc from which the only option that works is the command prompt. From the cmd prompt I can see all of C: drive and also run...
  9. PC will only boot into Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC will only boot into Safe mode: Hello, My PC has been stable for several months, since I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. On Friday something changed (not triggered by any user action) and the PC is now no longer able to boot successfully. The boot cycle now goes BIOS->Blue Windows logo with spinning...
  10. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10: Okay good, thanks, made my notes and saved link and .mht I like Option Three darn, Shawn can I have more than 60 seconds to edit my post without having it showing edit please, thanks. 2304