Windows 10: PC DISTORTED

Discus and support PC DISTORTED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I Have a problem with my windows 10 pc. Some days ago I switched it on and noticed that there was a delay for desktop icons to be highlighted when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kay20, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Kay20 Win User

PC DISTORTED

I Have a problem with my windows 10 pc. Some days ago I switched it on and noticed that there was a delay for desktop icons to be highlighted when I hovered the cursor over them. When I tried to play music or videos everything was distorted. The sound was so irritating and sounded as if the speakers were damaged. The videos too were jumpyslow, fast, very fast while playing. This was the same for apps and games. I tried looking it up but nothing. I decided to check if hard drive and rams were properly installed. Recently I even reinstalled windows still the problem persisted. Despite all this

:)

Kay20, Jun 20, 2021
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Sound distortion on Windows 10

Since I have my new PC I am experiencing a really annoying issue with my audiosystem.

When no sound is produced some distorted and static sound comes through my speaker (BOSE Soundlink Mini).

However, when I am listening to music, play games or watch videos the distortion is gone. But in every pause of sound the distortion returns.

I have tried this:

I suggest you to disable all enhancements in Speakers properties and check. Refer the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Double-Click on the Sound Icon and click on Speakers.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on Enhancements Tab.
    • Now click "Disable All Sound Effects"
    • Click OK and check if issue persists.
    But that didn't work unfortunately

If someone could help me, I would be very grateful

My PC specs:

MSI H1070M PRO-VDH

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @3.30 GHz

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6G

Moved from Insider

Gillianvan Leeuwen, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

PC DISTORTED

Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

PC DISTORTED

1. PC DISTORTED - Similar Threads - DISTORTED

2. the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?: the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / Other*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dvd-player-is-displaying-distorted-images-how/6ea693bb-98a4-429b-b9bb-263fc47a0c7a
  3. the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?: the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / Other*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dvd-player-is-displaying-distorted-images-how/6ea693bb-98a4-429b-b9bb-263fc47a0c7a
  4. the DVD player is displaying distorted images How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My audio is heavily distorted when wearing a headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio is heavily distorted when wearing a headset: Hello, I am on a Windows 11 Pavillion all in 1 PC, and whenever I connect any sort of wired headset to my computer, the audio becomes distorted. As mentioned just there it happens to every single headset plugged in and when I go to device manager, it says the headset is...
  6. My audio is heavily distorted when wearing a headset

My audio is heavily distorted when wearing a headset: Hello, I am on a Windows 11 Pavillion all in 1 PC, and whenever I connect any sort of wired headset to my computer, the audio becomes distorted. As mentioned just there it happens to every single headset plugged in and when I go to device manager, it says the headset is...
  7. Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing: Hi. Windows 11 keeps distorting all of my .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing. I have tried the powershell: Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell Admin.Now type in the command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  8. Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing

Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing: Hi. Windows 11 keeps distorting all of my .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing. I have tried the powershell: Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell Admin.Now type in the command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  9. windows 11 audio drivers distorting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 audio drivers distorting: Hi, when I bought this laptop it had windows 10.5 installed and the audio is by Bang And Olufsen and it sounded great. Once I updated it to windows 11 I have to have the volume really quiet as it distorts really badly. Is there a way that I can use the windows 10 drivers as...
  10. windows 11 audio drivers distorting

windows 11 audio drivers distorting: Hi, when I bought this laptop it had windows 10.5 installed and the audio is by Bang And Olufsen and it sounded great. Once I updated it to windows 11 I have to have the volume really quiet as it distorts really badly. Is there a way that I can use the windows 10 drivers as...