Windows 10: PC do not sleep or Hibernate and the screen goes black and BSOD.

Discus and support PC do not sleep or Hibernate and the screen goes black and BSOD. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 20H2 When I put windows to sleep or Hibernate it goes to BSOD , i can't see it because screen is black, when i checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aussiekendoll, Mar 18, 2021.

1. PC do not sleep or Hibernate and the screen goes black and BSOD.

Windows 10 Pro 20H2

When I put windows to sleep or Hibernate it goes to BSOD , i can't see it because screen is black, when i checked the BlueScreenView app ,it shows that i had BSOD at that time when i put windows to sleep or hibernate.

BSOD Dump files WeTransfer

:)

aussiekendoll, Mar 18, 2021
  2. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 18, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

PC do not sleep or Hibernate and the screen goes black and BSOD.

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

PC do not sleep or Hibernate and the screen goes black and BSOD.

1. PC do not sleep or Hibernate and the screen goes black and BSOD. - Similar Threads - sleep Hibernate screen

2. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation: Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to...
  3. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation: Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to...
  4. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button, my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  6. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  7. Hibernate actually goes into sleep

Hibernate actually goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  8. Laptop Freeze After Sleep/Hibernate/Shutdown, Then Goes BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Freeze After Sleep/Hibernate/Shutdown, Then Goes BSOD: I don't know how to fix this, but can you help me please? (Sorry for bad english) after i sleep/hibernate/shutdown my laptop, it freezes and then goes BSOD The only way how to get rid of this is just Hard Shutdown (Long-pressing the power button) Stop Code is:...
  9. BSOD on sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on sleep/hibernate: I am getting a BSOD often when my PC goes into sleep mode. It is not every time, and the error codes I'm getting are different. This started about a month ago and has generated CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION, KERNEL THREAD PRIORITY FLOOR VIOLATION, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, PAGE...
  10. PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

in Windows 10 Support
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock: I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.) Since I am at work I always lock the...