Windows 10: PC does not automatically boot into Windows 10 Home x64

Discus and support PC does not automatically boot into Windows 10 Home x64 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So this started happening just recently. I've not made any recent hardware changes. Basically what started happening was after I woke my PC from sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jabales, Jun 5, 2019.

1. jabales Win User

PC does not automatically boot into Windows 10 Home x64

So this started happening just recently. I've not made any recent hardware changes.

Basically what started happening was after I woke my PC from sleep it would not output video to my monitor. After shutting it down(and hard killing the power) when I powered it back on my PC started sitting on the BIOS splash screen for too long and, after it went into another sort of BIOS splash screen, this time with no option to boot into the BIOS, and it just hangs there.

In order to boot into windows I have to manually select it in the boot menu, after which it loads into that secondary BIOS splash screen this time with the windows loading icon at the bottom(sort of like what it would do after an update), and then it loads in no problem.

I might also add that before this issue occurred my PC would sit on the BIOS splash screen for maybe 3 or 4 seconds now however it sits there for at least 8 or 9 before attempting to boot into the OS. What's even more strange is that if I don't select an option within the usual time frame the BIOS splash screen will not recognize any inputs and automatically load into the secondary BIOS screen and hang indefinitely.

Any help on this would be really helpful as I haven't a clue whats going on. Never had this issue before.

:)

jabales, Jun 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Automatic Repair - boots in 2nd cycle

Hello. This is similiar topic on our forum but now i will explain more brighter.
    So last time after i change in my UEFI boot priority from :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" to "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB" i am getting weird booting problem with Windows 10.

PC does not automatically boot into Windows 10 Home x64 [​IMG]

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows.

My disk is on MBR partirion. Is this related to my UEFI/Partitions?

Somebody said to me this:"UEFI booting requires a GPT disk. This is why Windows has to fix itself and only boots in 2nd cycle - as you keep trying to boot UEFI to an MBR disk."

Also i know that UEFI firmware can emulate BIOS functionality (CSM/Legacy) and work with MBR disks just fine. Or i am wrong? And cause is elsewhere?

I am a little confused. Thx for reply. My ssd Samsung Evo 250 GB , rams 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.

litwicki24, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

1. PC does not automatically boot into Windows 10 Home x64 - Similar Threads - does automatically boot

2. Pc updated automatically, not it does not boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc updated automatically, not it does not boot.: Before heading off for the night, I put my pc to sleep, when I wake up at 6am, I noticed it a blue screen and it saying it’s in repair mode. The pc now no longer boots, I assume because it attempted to update during the night and something went wrong. What do I do?...
  3. Pc updated automatically, not it does not boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc updated automatically, not it does not boot.: Before heading off for the night, I put my pc to sleep, when I wake up at 6am, I noticed it a blue screen and it saying it’s in repair mode. The pc now no longer boots, I assume because it attempted to update during the night and something went wrong. What do I do?...
  4. Pc updated automatically, not it does not boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Program does not start automatically at boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program does not start automatically at boot: windows 10 pro, version 10.0.19041, latest updatesI have a program that should start automatically at boot, but it does not start. I have to start it manually after each boot. The program is listed in the Startup tab of Task Manager. How do I figure out why it isn't started...
  6. Pc booting into Automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc booting into Automatic repair: Last nighth I decided to restart my computor because it wasnt working right it was really slow no programs would open and when I restarted it it went straight into “the loop”. Ive tried everything nothing works reinstalling windows tried every single option it gives me...
  7. PC does not boot!

PC does not boot!: problem: computer does not boot into windows 10, outputs black screen with blinking white line on top left corner. I do not know why this happens. I tried reinstalling windows by creating a usb bootable drive, however that doesn't boot either and outputs the same thing....
  8. Windows 10 Home PC will not boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home PC will not boot: Hello! After the saga of the graphics card, I now have another issue. I managed to get into the Bios screen and clr cmos, then loaded optimised defaults as suggested in the motherboard manual. Now the pc will not boot, when I power on I get the beep and the number lock light....
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 10 Home x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 10 Home x64: I just purchased the upgrade to Win 10 Pro. I did not seem to get an activation/product key, but there is an "Install" button where the "Buy" button was, but what do I do when it asks for a product key? This is on a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series that I purchased new with...
  10. Several BSOD - Windows 10 Home x64

Several BSOD - Windows 10 Home x64: I installed Windows 10 Home x64 during Christmas festivities. It is a clean install. Although I'm using the OS without licence (I'm planning to buy the license when price drops on amazon), it works well, except for several BSOD occurred during these weeks. Some days ago...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer not automatically booting to windows