Windows 10: PC does not boot and Windows repair/installation not working

Discus and support PC does not boot and Windows repair/installation not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, I am a newbee i this forum, living in Germany :) Since a few days I am facing a big issue with my PC. The battery of the mainboard (Asus P8Z77)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dabbel, Oct 20, 2019.

1. dabbel Win User

PC does not boot and Windows repair/installation not working

Hi All,
    I am a newbee i this forum, living in Germany PC does not boot and Windows repair/installation not working :) Since a few days I am facing a big issue with my PC.
    The battery of the mainboard (Asus P8Z77) was empty and I changed it already, but nevertheless the PC does not boot. Most probably the reason for that is a reset of the BIOS setup / UEFI settings.

Original error message in Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt was
    "c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is damaged" (original message was in german language).

First I tried a classical Windows repair, which didn't work.
    Then I found an article and created the efi partition new. Worked obviously, this issue is gone. But now I get an error during boot:
    "Operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system is missing or contains errors.
    File: \\windows\system32\drivers\wd\WdBoot.sys"

Windows Recovery tools are not working, so I tried a re-installation of Windows. But this didn't work either. System tells me that the C-harddrive is an UEFI drive, which maybe is not supported. So obviously a BIOS setup 0setting still refers to "legacy" instead of "UEFI".

I already checked that in the Boot settings, but everything seems to be correct there.

Anybody an idea, which setting in the BIOS setup could have this impact?

SSD seems to work fine, via cmd I get access to all drives, folders, and files.

thanks in advance

:)

dabbel, Oct 20, 2019

2. why won't windows launch after install new MB and CPU?

To repair windows properly-
    • Boot into install CD for XP (if you don't have one, go buy it. For the repair to work, it has to coincide with the version of XP you have).
    • Act as if you're going to install Windows, press "install windows", agree to license.
    • Wait for it to detect all previous installations of Windows. It will then ask if you would like to repair any of them.
    • Select the partition you want to repair, and then go play firsbee...or whatever you do for fun.

zekrahminator, Oct 20, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 20, 2019
  4. PC does not boot and Windows repair/installation not working

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

PC does not boot and Windows repair/installation not working

1. PC does not boot and Windows repair/installation not working - Similar Threads - does boot repair

2. Transfer of Windows Installation to new PC does not boot

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Transfer of Windows Installation to new PC does not boot: I want to migrate my Windows 1809 installation with all programs to a new PC. I tried it with backups of the old PC that I restored to the new one, but the new one could never boot it. I tried AOMEI and EaseUS, I made complete system backups of all the neccessary partitions,...
  3. Windows 10 Won't boot, reset or repair PC????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Won't boot, reset or repair PC????: Hi, I recently reset my MSI notebook ready to give to a friend and first of all it seemed ok and then I noticed the start menu and other things were not working. After restarting the computer it now takes me to the boot options menu where it will let me select option like...
  4. Boot Does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Does not work: When I upgrade my to Windows 10 , my computer started to work slow, so I decided to degrade it to windows 7. When I boot it to DVD an error come Syslinux 4.07 edd 2013-07-25 Copyright (C) 1994-2013 H. Peter Anvin et al No child node, aborting... Loading the boot file......
  5. My PC Does Not Boot Up

My PC Does Not Boot Up: I have a Casper i3 PC and had Windows 7 Operating System. I decided to upgrade my os and set up Windows 10. At first everything seemed OK, but suddenly my PC shut down (Probably because of a batterry issue). After that point I could not boot my PC up for two times, and at the...
  6. My PC Does Not Boot Up

My PC Does Not Boot Up: I have a Casper i3 PC and had Windows 7 Operating System. I decided to upgrade my os and set up Windows 10. At first everything seemed OK, but suddenly my PC shut down (Probably because of a batterry issue). After that point I could not boot my PC up for two times, and at the...
  7. Can't boot or install nor repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't boot or install nor repair: I tried to dual boot windows 10 pro 64 bit with windows 7 but I put the wrong disk in and ended up installing win 7 32 bit. :'( Now windows 10 won't boot Iv tried running repair but still same error. Bad_info or something with blue screen, but it boots into 7 and I can...
  8. Pc receives power but does not boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc receives power but does not boot.: On mobile so I'll keep it short as possible without leaving details out. Last night I left my pc on sleep mode. When I got our of work today I forgot it was on sleep mode and pressed the power button. I then noticed everything turn off and remembered it had been in sleep...
  9. Repair Corrupt Install From Boot Install DVD?

Repair Corrupt Install From Boot Install DVD?: I have a flaky hard drive I think. A seagate barracuda. Wouldn't be the first one. So I've had repeated problems with my win10 install and i've run disk check and whatever but they're still there. And today I can't boot into it. I just circle around to Preparing...
  10. Repair the Boot of PC migrated to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Repair the Boot of PC migrated to windows 10: Saludos, agradezco anticipadamente la ayuda. Apague mi PC y al encenderla inmediatamente de nuevo me aparecio que falta el "Bootmgr" como la migracion la hice de manera virtual "obten tu windows 10 gratis ahora", no tengo como reparar el inicio, ademas que borre toda...