Windows 10: PC does not display log in screen after waking up from sleep mode

Discus and support PC does not display log in screen after waking up from sleep mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been experiencing issues with regards to waking up my PC after it enters sleep mode. For some reason, it does not display the log in screen, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Smetho, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Smetho Win User

PC does not display log in screen after waking up from sleep mode

I have been experiencing issues with regards to waking up my PC after it enters sleep mode. For some reason, it does not display the log in screen, but all background tasks still work. I usually fix the problem by plugging in my headphones and selecting the notification, which then displays the log in screen. How can I fix this problem?

:)

Smetho, Jun 5, 2022

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 5, 2022
  3. PC waking up automatically from sleep mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the PC is waking from sleep mode as soon as you set it for sleep mode.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to find out that the issue is due to the wireless mouse and keyboard you are using.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the power management tab for the driver and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit enter.
    3. Expand the Keyboard and Mouse drivers.
    4. Double-click on the drivers and click on Power Management tab.
    5. Un-check the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer.
    6. Click on OK and close the device manager.

Try putting the PC to sleep mode and then check if the PC is waking up automatically.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 5, 2022
  4. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

PC does not display log in screen after waking up from sleep mode [​IMG]

Chadi, Jun 5, 2022
Thema:

1. PC does not display log in screen after waking up from sleep mode - Similar Threads - does display log

2. Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode: Hi Recently i have a werid problem. I used ccleaner to update all my drivers on my laptop acer nitro 5. Now after waking up i have every time bluescreen. I read i the other ticket that you guys ask for minidump files. My pc produced few files all from the same day.Please help...
  3. Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode: Hi Recently i have a werid problem. I used ccleaner to update all my drivers on my laptop acer nitro 5. Now after waking up i have every time bluescreen. I read i the other ticket that you guys ask for minidump files. My pc produced few files all from the same day.Please help...
  4. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  5. PC wakes up from sleep mode

PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  6. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PC does not display log in screen after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC does not display log in screen after waking up from sleep mode: I posted a question about a problem I was experiencing in this link. After a few days the issue still persists. As stated, the issue is completely random. How can I resolve this issue?...
  8. PC does not display log in screen after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not display log in screen after waking up from sleep mode: I posted a question about a problem I was experiencing in this link. After a few days the issue still persists. As stated, the issue is completely random. How can I resolve this issue?...
  9. PC does not display log in screen after waking up from sleep mode

10. PC does not display log in screen after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC does not display log in screen after waking up from sleep mode: I have been experiencing issues with regards to waking up my PC after it enters sleep mode. For some reason, it does not display the log in screen, but all background tasks still work. I usually fix the problem by plugging in my headphones and selecting the notification,...