Windows 10: pc does not go to sleep after turning on hotspot

Discus and support pc does not go to sleep after turning on hotspot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi there, i am facing an issue regarding my pc sleep mode. actually after closing the lid pc should go to sleep mode according to settings and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VishalSingh0886, Jan 20, 2020.

1. pc does not go to sleep after turning on hotspot

hi there,

i am facing an issue regarding my pc sleep mode. actually after closing the lid pc should go to sleep mode according to settings and it works fine until i turn on my laptops hotspot. after turning on the hotspot it does go to sleep mode even after closing the lid and this is happening with form last week pls.. help regarding this..

thanks

:)

VishalSingh0886, Jan 20, 2020

2. Mobile hotspot while pc is sleeping

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. When computer goes to sleep mode which in turn disables necessary services which is why hotspot disconnects. However, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned and check if it works.

1. Open Device Manager by searching for it in search bar.
    2. Expand Network adapters and right click on
      Wireless Network Adapter.
    3. Select Properties and go to
      Power Management
      tab.
    4. Uncheck the box next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Nathan091 Win User
    Mobile hotspot while pc is sleeping

Is there a way to stop mobile hotspot/wifi card from turning off while my pc is sleeping? I have some devices that only connect to my pc’s hotspot but they disconnect when my pc goes to sleep. Is there a way to fix this like stop the wifi card from turning
    off while my pcs asleep? Thanks.

Nathan091, Jan 20, 2020
  4. pc does not go to sleep after turning on hotspot

Mobile hotspot and sleep mode

Thank you for answer.

• I started to use mobile hotspot, which I never did earlier.
    • By pressing power button, but the same issue occurs, when I use start->power->sleep
    • Yes - I wrote that after I use this function I can't turn computer to sleep mode. It is regardless if I have mobile hotspot turned on or not.

I checked internet and used "powercfg -requests" command in cmd. The result is, that after turning on mobile hotspot i have 2 requests:

SYSTEM:

[SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (icssvc)

AWAYMODE:

[SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (icssvc)

I don't know how to disable that. I wish I could make Windows insensitive to this requests. The best solution would be if I could turn the laptop to sleep mode, without turning off mobile hotspot (I know, that in sleep mode it would not working), but if
    I had to turn it off before using sleep mode it would be O.K.

Regards.

Hubert_k98, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

pc does not go to sleep after turning on hotspot

1. pc does not go to sleep after turning on hotspot - Similar Threads - does sleep turning

2. PC not turning on after putting it on sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not turning on after putting it on sleep: Yesterday night I put my pc on sleep thinking ill come back and use it later but I slept. When I woke up and tried pressing my spacebar key to wake the pc up it wasnt waking up. I tried several other keys aswell as my mouse buttons, and still it wasnt opening. I looked in the...
  3. PC not turning on after putting it on sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not turning on after putting it on sleep: Yesterday night I put my pc on sleep thinking ill come back and use it later but I slept. When I woke up and tried pressing my spacebar key to wake the pc up it wasnt waking up. I tried several other keys aswell as my mouse buttons, and still it wasnt opening. I looked in the...
  4. my pc after going to sleep instantly turn of the hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc after going to sleep instantly turn of the hotspot: i tried Open Device Manager by searching for it in search bar.Expand Network adapters and right click on Wireless Network Adapter.Select Properties and go to Power Management tab.Uncheck the box next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.But I didn't...
  5. my pc after going to sleep instantly turn of the hotspot

my pc after going to sleep instantly turn of the hotspot: i tried Open Device Manager by searching for it in search bar.Expand Network adapters and right click on Wireless Network Adapter.Select Properties and go to Power Management tab.Uncheck the box next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.But I didn't...
  6. My PC not turn on after sleep

My PC not turn on after sleep: Pressing any keyboard to wake up pc but screen is black and I press numlock, caplock, scrolllock not light, CPU work normally. Hold a power button and press power button to reboot and my pc working normally. I use Windows 10 Home.My pc sleep about 3, 4 hours and continue...
  7. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  8. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  9. PC won't turn off or go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't turn off or go to sleep: So couple days ago I got this problem where my PC won't turn off or go to sleep, when I click it just says "Shuting Down" and suddenly "Welcome". I tried Disk Checkup and all but I couldn't fix this issue. And I have the newest update installed....
  10. PC does not go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC does not go to sleep: Since the Windows 10 (1809) March 13th update, my PC does not go to sleep. I've reset the monitor and PC sleep times with no luck. I've reviewed and attempted all the on-line suggestions again with no luck. Does anyone have any new (post March 13) suggestions? J...