Windows 10: PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot

Discus and support PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, I've viewed a lot of similar threads on the issue but unfortunately nothing has helped so far.I'm trying to use a Dualshock 4 controller on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BenSlack1, Mar 6, 2022.

1. BenSlack1 Win User

PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot

Hi there, I've viewed a lot of similar threads on the issue but unfortunately nothing has helped so far.I'm trying to use a Dualshock 4 controller on my PC Windows 10. Unfortunately after trying multiple controller/cable combinations none of them have worked.The issue is that Windows will not recognise what is being plugged in to the USB port under any circumstance. I have inserted other USB peripherals into the slot, they work, inserted the PS4 micro USB to USB into the slot and those currently used for mouse/keyboard, nothing.I have been through my Device Manager, which does not show it. I

:)

BenSlack1, Mar 6, 2022
  2. CapuRS Win User

Windows 10 PC won't recognize PS4 controller plugged in via USB

When i plug in my PS4 controller to a PC, i get the infamous "yellow light of death" where the controller shows a brief yellow light before fading. I've tried looking this up but nothing seems to solve the problem. My controller worked yesterday evening
    perfectly but today it suddenly stopped working. Also, neither my PC nor my laptop recognize the controller in "devices and drivers" -menu, nor do i get the windows sound when i plug in a device.

The methods i've tried for solving this so far have been:

• Plugging the controller to another PC (my laptop),
    • uninstalling all USB and HID drivers and rebooting,
    • pushing the reset button on the controller and rebooting the PC,
    • trying multiple different usb slots on both of my PC and laptop,
    • Pushing the PS button and options+share buttons to try to connect/recognize it via bluetooth,
    • Trying multiple different usb cables.

I did manage to connect my controller via bluetooth to my laptop, but i had pre-installed a driver(scptoolkit) of my controller to that computer. The laptop still couldn't recognize the usb connection i had plugged in. The bluetooth connection worked flawlessly
    on my laptop but i can't use that on my PC.

Any suggestions?

I would greatly appreciate all help.

CapuRS, Mar 6, 2022
  3. ps4 controller Not recognized

iv been trying to connect my ps4 controller to my pc running windows 10 via usb. whenever i plug it in nothing happens and when i click the power button on the controller it just flashes blue. when i go to device manager, under game controller there is
    nothing. iv tried different usb cables and different usb slots on my pc. at this point i have no other ideas on how to fix the problem.

drpinkfade, Mar 6, 2022
  4. PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot

USB Connected device not found by PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn't work in the way it should. I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far.

Since you tried the same PS4 controller on a different laptop and failed to connect, resetting the system is not required and assuming that it could be a hardware related issue.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to try these methods and let us know the result of these methods.

Method 1: Steps to reset PS4

1. Turn back the controller.
    2. You should see a tiny reset button. It must be close to the L2 button.
    3. Use a pen or a needle and push the button for 10 seconds.
    4. Connect the controller and check

Method 2: Update HID in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows + X and click on
      Device manager
    2. Click on View tab on the top. Select
      Show hidden devices.
    3. Search & Expand Human Interface Devices and then check for
      HID-complaint game controller.
    4. Right Click on it and select Uninstall.
    5. Restart the PC and plug in the USB PS4 controller to install automatically.

Method 3: Set the PS4 as default app.

1. Press Windows +R key from the keyboard to open Run command.
    2. Type joy.cpl and click OK.
    3. Select the PS4 controller in the list and click on Advanced tab below.
    4. Then select the PS4 controller as preferred device and click OK.

However, you can also refer this Error:
    “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive
    article to troubleshoot, please exclude method 1 and 2 as they are not relevant to PS4.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 6, 2022
Thema:

PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot

1. PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot - Similar Threads - does recognise PS4

2. Ps4 controller is connected, but not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ps4 controller is connected, but not recognised: I used to play with my ps4 controller via an USB connection all the time. At one point, the controller was being recognised showed up in Bluetooth & Devices section, as well as in Devices and Printers in Control Panel, but any input stopped being recognised. Applications that...
  3. Ps4 controller is connected, but not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ps4 controller is connected, but not recognised: I used to play with my ps4 controller via an USB connection all the time. At one point, the controller was being recognised showed up in Bluetooth & Devices section, as well as in Devices and Printers in Control Panel, but any input stopped being recognised. Applications that...
  4. PS4 controller not being recognised by applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 controller not being recognised by applications: HiI have been using my ps4 controllers until recently, when they suddenly stopped working with applications. They successfully connect to my laptops Bluetooth, but they are not recognised or treated like a controller in any of the apps. Steam says "no controller connected"...
  5. PS4 controller not being recognised by applications

PS4 controller not being recognised by applications: HiI have been using my ps4 controllers until recently, when they suddenly stopped working with applications. They successfully connect to my laptops Bluetooth, but they are not recognised or treated like a controller in any of the apps. Steam says "no controller connected"...
  6. PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot

PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot: Hi there, I've viewed a lot of similar threads on the issue but unfortunately nothing has helped so far.I'm trying to use a Dualshock 4 controller on my PC Windows 10. Unfortunately after trying multiple controller/cable combinations none of them have worked.The issue is that...
  7. PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC does not recognise PS4 controller in USB slot: Hi there, I've viewed a lot of similar threads on the issue but unfortunately nothing has helped so far.I'm trying to use a Dualshock 4 controller on my PC Windows 10. Unfortunately after trying multiple controller/cable combinations none of them have worked.The issue is that...
  8. PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device

PS4 Controller Recognised As Audio Device: I have an off brand wired ps4 controller that I use to game on PC. Whenever I connect it, it doesnt work and when I check device manager it says its an audio device. I tried updating the driver manually but it wont let me change it from audio device to and input device. It...
  9. PS4 Controller on PC

PS4 Controller on PC: I have been playing fortnite on my pc with a ps4 controller for about 6 months, but today when i connected my controller to my pc is being recognized as an audio device. Im super frustrated and idk what to do. I search on yotube and other forums and nothing seems to work. If...
  10. MY WIN10 suddenly does not recognise my USB drive in the front USB SLOT

MY WIN10 suddenly does not recognise my USB drive in the front USB SLOT: I am getting this message: The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it. and this Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request for the USB device descriptor failed. I have...