Windows 10: PC does not recognize android phone

Discus and support PC does not recognize android phone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I connect my phone to the computer via a usb c data cable (which I know is in fact a data cable, not just for charging) I recieve this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yoctometric, Mar 21, 2020.

1. PC does not recognize android phone

When I connect my phone to the computer via a usb c data cable (which I know is in fact a data cable, not just for charging) I recieve this error message "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't recognize it"

Developer settings are enabled on android phone

Usb connections are enabled

Windows still fails to recognize the device

Please help

submitted by /u/yoctometric
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yoctometric, Mar 21, 2020
  2. rypz79 Win User

Windows 10 doesn't recognize my Android phone on Wi-Fi direct

Further more investigation show that while it hangs installing the device it probably looks for a direct Wi-Fi connection , when I go to wireless networks it shows me the direct connection name , The problem is I don't know the password *Rolleyes (maybe it's the pin number I supposed to get? so the module could be bugged in the Android cellphone - customized ROM).
    I tried the 8 chars at end of connection name (SSID) X360PPD9 but it's not the password.
    Any suggestions ?
    TNX ALOT

PC does not recognize android phone [​IMG]

PC does not recognize android phone [​IMG]

rypz79, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Uploading data from android to pc

Hi AlaynaHarstine,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

• Have you tried to connect the Android device to PC using an USB cable?

However, you may follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Connect the Android device to the PC using a micro USB cable.
    • You can see an ‘AutoPlay popup’ on your PC once your phone is successfully connected and recognized by the computer. Click on the ‘Open folder to view files’ option.
    • Copy and paste the files or folders that you want to recover from your phone's internal memory to your PC.
    • When the steps are done, you can successfully recover and transfer your data from Android phone with broken screen to your PC.

Alternatively, if you have the data saved on an external SD card, then you can plug in the card to the PC to transfer the data. You may need an adaptor to read the SD card on the PC.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 21, 2020
  4. PC does not recognize android phone

Listen to Android phone's music from desktop headphone

How to listen to [Android phone's music] from [a headphone that is connected to a Windows 10 desktop] without internet connection?
    I have an Android phone (Pixel 3a) with YouTube Music installed on it.

When I don't have internet connection, I want to be able to wear my headphone, which is connected to my desktop (Windows 10) and listen to both my desktop's audio (for example, game sound) and the music playing on my phone (for example, music that is available only on the phone's YouTube Music offline downloaded folder).

How can I achieve this?

Note:

Anonymous123, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

PC does not recognize android phone

1. PC does not recognize android phone - Similar Threads - does recognize android

2. Windows does not recognize or detect Android Device

in Windows 10 News
    Windows does not recognize or detect Android Device: [ATTACH]You may have several reasons to connect your Android device to your Windows computer. It can be to transfer media files or even share screens between them. A commonality with this process is that you may face when Windows doesn’t recognize your device, and you see a...
  3. Connect PC/Android Phone AND Android Tablet ALSO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect PC/Android Phone AND Android Tablet ALSO: I am a MS 365 subscriber and utilize MS Office products on my OnePlus 7T android phone and on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 tablet. I have been using MightyText to send and receive SMS/MMS messages on my tablet AND via a Chrome extension on my PC. I have recently tried MS Your...
  4. Connect PC/Android Phone AND Android Tablet ALSO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect PC/Android Phone AND Android Tablet ALSO: I am a MS 365 subscriber and utilize MS Office products on my OnePlus 7T android phone and on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 tablet. I have been using MightyText to send and receive SMS/MMS messages on my tablet AND via a Chrome extension on my PC. I have recently tried MS Your...
  5. Android phone is not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Android phone is not recognized by Windows 10: I can't connect my Android phone via USB to the computer. The system says that device is not recognized. My Windows 10 computer was updated but the problem is not solved...
  6. Windows 10 doesn’t recognize Android phone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 doesn’t recognize Android phone: [ATTACH]If your Windows 10 PC doesn’t recognize your Android mobile phone even after connecting […] This article Windows 10 doesn’t recognize Android phone first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows 10 PC not recognizing or connecting to Android Phone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 PC not recognizing or connecting to Android Phone: [ATTACH]Sometimes when you connect your Android phone to your Windows 10 PC, the connection is seamless and file transfer is just a click away. This […] This article Windows 10 PC not recognizing or connecting to Android Phone first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. LG Phone not Recognized by PC

LG Phone not Recognized by PC: Ok guys, I have been hammering at this issue for hours and I am resorting to starting my own thread. I've got an LG G7 Thinq phone, through Google Fi. I am trying to connect it to my HP Windows 10 PC (yes, I have installed all the windows updates) to move photos,...
  9. How to make Android phone as video camera recognized?

How to make Android phone as video camera recognized?: I have DroidCam client installed on the computer and the app installed on the Android phone. But the camera is not recognized by the Windows camera app although it is visible in Skype as a device. How to make Android phone as video camera recognized?...
  10. Android phone as video camera not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android phone as video camera not recognized: I have installed DroidCam client on my desktop and the app on my Android phone. The camera is working properly and is visible as a device in Skype but it is not recognized by the Windows Camera app or another app I tried (Essential Video Recorder). I have checked the driver...