Windows 10: PC does not recognize DVD

Discus and support PC does not recognize DVD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC stopped recognizing DVDs. Please, help me with the issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ConstanceLepur, May 4, 2020.

1. PC does not recognize DVD

My PC stopped recognizing DVDs. Please, help me with the issue

:)

ConstanceLepur, May 4, 2020

2. CD/DVD not being recognized on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with using CD/DVD drive on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Have you tried using the CD’s/DVD’s on any other PC?
    3. Does the issue occurs with specific discs or all the discs?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Optical Disk Drive is unable to read/recognize a disc
    by Dell and see if that helps.

Note: Please don’t follow the suggestions in Step 10.

Note:
    Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup
    of registry

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 4, 2020
  3. Nofsdad Win User
    No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the registry and nothing works. This is one of several problems I've had with device drivers since the upgrade.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    AMD FX-4130 3.80Ghz
    8Gb Installed memory

Nofsdad, May 4, 2020
  4. PC does not recognize DVD

CD/DVD drive not recognized

---I'm okay with opening latops. I've opened this one 3 times, adding SSD HD and upgrading RAM. I'll be able to try this later on, Friday, probably. With it spinning up when a CD is inserted, I'm not sure this would help. I'd appreciate advice on this.

PC does not recognize DVD [​IMG]

DellySheCorte, May 4, 2020
Thema:

PC does not recognize DVD

1. PC does not recognize DVD - Similar Threads - does recognize DVD

2. DVD recognized but won't play DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD recognized but won't play DVD: DVD recognized but won't play DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-recognized-but-wont-play-dvd/e9e8dd40-aaa7-48ca-86e8-22e8cf9ca3c6
  3. Windows 10 does not recognize cd/dvd player

Windows 10 does not recognize cd/dvd player: After recent update windows 10 does not recognise dvd player and i am not able to play dvd in my dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-recognize-cddvd-player/3737604e-93bb-48bc-bce7-0fb9a6b374d0
  4. DVD on Win10 system does not recognize writeable media

DVD on Win10 system does not recognize writeable media: The DVD drive on my new Dell XPS-8930 with full recent Win 10 update except the latest KB4537572 does not recognize writable media. The DVD reads media that already has content, however when I put a blank disk in it, and click on the drive in Win Explorer, the system...
  5. cannot recognize dvd

cannot recognize dvd: Computer has stopped recognizing dvds. it sees the drive but will not open the dvd. I have completed the updates and restarted. no go. I have deleted the device and restarted. no go same behavour...
  6. dvd drive not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dvd drive not recognized: I upgraded windows 7 to 10 when it came out but I failed to install the dvd player at the time, I went to purchase it from microsoft but the app doesnt recognize the drive f at all and the driver say cd not dvd not sure what to do at this point *Moved from Windows Vista to...
  7. DVD not recognized.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD not recognized.: DVD not recognized. Trying to install new software and am unable to reach the disc menu. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-recognized/7cdba7d6-91dd-47cc-a9c8-1d4873150559
  8. DVD drive not recognized?

DVD drive not recognized?: The DVD drive in the Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573) does not recognize the CDs. [ATTACH] The CDs are shown in file managers / other programs, there the drive letter is shown: [ATTACH] Drive Manger, Win: [ATTACH] How could the CD shown by all programs? 128554
  9. DVD not recognized

DVD not recognized: There is no IDE/ATAPI entry in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-not-recognized/6e816ced-304f-4cd1-b4d0-f98c0ced8436
  10. Help does not recognize DVD drive to install

Help does not recognize DVD drive to install: Dear good night, I have a laptop Lenovo Z50-75, it was full of viruses. At the time format from the DVD drive, I always get this message [img] . and install updated amd and still will not recognize the unit driver. If anyone knows how help would greatly appreciate it. regards...