Windows 10: PC does not recognize my second monitor, and only mirrors my first monitor.

Discus and support PC does not recognize my second monitor, and only mirrors my first monitor. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two monitors connected to my PC, one connected via HDMI and one via VGA. In display settings it is unable to detect my second monitor. The image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HoLeeFuk-, Jan 4, 2020.

1. PC does not recognize my second monitor, and only mirrors my first monitor.

I have two monitors connected to my PC, one connected via HDMI and one via VGA. In display settings it is unable to detect my second monitor. The image on the second monitor is only mirroring the image on my first monitor.

How can I fix this?

submitted by /u/HoLeeFuk-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HoLeeFuk-, Jan 4, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

windows not recognizing second monitor

Hello,

Windows may not recognize another external display device if the display drivers are outdated, or that the monitor is turned off or not plugged in correctly, etc. For us to isolate the issue in connecting a second monitor in Windows 10, kindly respond to
    the questions below:

• Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to the issue?
    • Did the second monitor work before?
    • Have you tried using the monitor to a different computer?
    • What happens if you disconnect your primary monitor and connect the second monitor to make it the main monitor?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Multiple mirrored monitors

I am trying to have the screen and programs on my desktop mirror on a second monitor and a projector. How do I do this in Windows 10? I have connected all 3 to the desktop and the background on the main monitor shows on the 2nd monitor and projector,
    but I can't get the apps or programs to show on either the 2nd monitor or projector. I ran a test and the system recognizes the main monitor as 1, the 2nd monitor as 2 and the projector as 3, but then I can't get 2 and 3 to show anything I am doing on 1.
    Any thoughts?

LarryKristoff, Jan 4, 2020
  4. PC does not recognize my second monitor, and only mirrors my first monitor.

Windows 10 will not detect second monitor and just mirrors the display

Hi

My son has a gaming pc with a new NVidia video card and running Windows 10 I believe and we have just purchased an ultra wide gaming monitor for his birthday.

He wishes to keep his AOC existing monitor and have 2 monitors up and running and to extend the display and not mirror.

We have connected both via HDMI using I think the term is a HDMI splitter purchased from Amazon.

We have updated the Nvidia drivers as suggested and ensured all the cables are connected but when we go to Settings and additional display it does not detect the second monitor and the display is mirrored with no option to extend.

Searched on the web for half a day with no real suggestions. I use 2 monitors at work without issue so cannot explain to him why it will not detect the 2nd display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RobertHellen1, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

PC does not recognize my second monitor, and only mirrors my first monitor.

1. PC does not recognize my second monitor, and only mirrors my first monitor. - Similar Threads - does recognize second

2. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...: My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?...
  3. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...: My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?...
  4. Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it: I purchased a secondmonitor to help me with work and studies, I use a VGA splitter witch goes froma VGAMale to 2 VGAFemale ports, connected both monitors, and the second monitor is mirroring the first one, I tried looking for solutions on youtube, butit didn't help that why...
  5. Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it: I purchased a second monitor to help me with work and studies, i use a VGA splitter witch goes from a VGAMale to 2 VGAFemale ports, connected both monitors and the second monitor is mirroring the first one, i tried looking for solutions on youtube, but it didin't help thats...
  6. Mirror only specific app to second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mirror only specific app to second monitor: I have a touch-enabled laptop, which projects wirelessly to a screen in my classroom via regular Windows screen mirroring. What I'd like to be able to do is, much like during online classes, select only a single window to be mirrored to the external monitor. This way I...
  7. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.: I have looked pretty much all Day for an answer to my question, but havent been able to find one. So the thing is, I have two monitors and I have had them for a few years. My Main monitor has always been the second monitor for whatever reason but it have never been a problem...
  8. My second monitor is not detected but still mirrors my first.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My second monitor is not detected but still mirrors my first.: My graphics card only has 1 HDMI output and I used an HDMI splitter which has two monitor extended mode support in order to get around this issue. In settings, my second monitor which is a small VIZIO TV is not detected but it is mirroring my first monitor. I have looked at...
  9. Does not recognize second monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does not recognize second monitor: Hello. so yesterday my both monitors ware working just fine, I turned my computer off for the night since it's been on for like some 4 days. So i turned my pc back on and they started up how they should, but instead of having 2 monitors it just changed the resolution to...
  10. Computer doesn't detect second monitor and only mirrors the first monior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer doesn't detect second monitor and only mirrors the first monior: All my drivers are up to date "customize monitor displays" is not shown in display settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-doesnt-detect-second-monitor-and-only/8a06ad7a-82c2-4065-94ae-d3e92b5ed883

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second monitor just mirrors first