Windows 10: pc does not see my wd external hdd

Discus and support pc does not see my wd external hdd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my pc does not see my external wd hdd connected to usb port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelWare4, Aug 18, 2018.

1. pc does not see my wd external hdd

my pc does not see my external wd hdd connected to usb port

:)

MichaelWare4, Aug 18, 2018

2. WD External HDD 1 TB not showing nor working at all after turning off PC while it was on

My Specs:

Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor

Video Card AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

RAM 8.0 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit

I've been trying to fix this problem for a week now and I honestly don't know what else to do.

So far this is all the info I've got and everything I've tried, hope it's some use:

• External HDD works fine on any other computer except this one
    • Other WD External HDD don't work either on this computer
    • I've tried uninstalling all the drivers and downloading them again, with no change whatsoever
    • WD Drive shows up as Read-Only on the WD Driver Hub, and tells me I should format it, but when I tried to use WD Driver Utilities to do just that it would fail with this message: "An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid."
    • When opened, disk management ask me if I want to initialise the disk, but when prompt to it fails and says: The Request Failed Due To A Fatal Device Hardware Error.
    • The External HDD shows up as My Passport without the name I gave it(which does show up when plugged into other computers) and with 0 bytes
    • I do not have anything important inside the drive, I've already formatted the external HDD in NTFS just to be sure, nothing changed
    • This issue caused me so much frustration that I ended up restarting my entire PC to factory setting... which didn't help at all
    Cause of the Issue:

I was playing The Surge from the WD External HDD when the game crashed so I turned off the computer, but when it took too long to close I just pressed the button and put my PC out of its misery. Which I extremely
    regret now.

IBrokeMyHDD, Aug 18, 2018
  3. erod1017 Win User
    External HDD's 'converted' to RAW on PC

I have multiple external HDD's, both WD and Seagate, that are recognizable by my PC, but list in device manager as RAW and empty. I can access all the information on the drives on my laptop just fine. I've tried to reformat the drive and it wont allow me
    to access the drive, reading "the format did not complete successfully." I've tried everything from wiping my SSD that windows was installed on and reinstalling fresh, to updating my BIOS, to uninstalling the drivers...

I cant find anything that will allow them to work on my PC.

erod1017, Aug 18, 2018
  4. MikaeelM Win User

pc does not see my wd external hdd

Windows10 unable to recognise external (USB) HDD (WD My Book 4TB)

Windows10 unable to recognise external (USB) HDD (WD My Book 4TB) - however, I'm able to see all files from a Linux machine i have on same HDD... I dont want to lose my content on the external HDD by reformatting etc. Please help.

MikaeelM, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

pc does not see my wd external hdd

1. pc does not see my wd external hdd - Similar Threads - does external hdd

2. Wd 3t hdd???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wd 3t hdd???: I found an old 3T WD SATA Drive in my closet - WD 30EZRX (on the label) I tried to format it and it says its only 2T. What gives? 170717
  3. Wd 3t hdd???

in Windows 10 Support
    Wd 3t hdd???: I found an old 3T WD SATA Drive in my closet - WD 30EZRX (on the label) I tried to format it and it says its only 2T. What gives? 170717
  4. WD external disk cannot see in windows 10

WD external disk cannot see in windows 10: Hi, My old windows 7 is gone, so I just bought a new PC with win10 installed. However, it does not show my WD drive after plug in. There is what I did on some tests. Disk management does not show my WD drive either. I ask my friend with a win7 PC, it shows...
  5. WD HDD Not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD HDD Not responding: Hey, Am facing a big problem with my hard disk, for the past days it has been working well until yesterday when I wanted to transfer some movies from another computer to mine, it copied the movies and stopped in the middle and got stuck. Now since yesterday 02/07/2020 every...
  6. WD External HDD detected but not visible in My computer

WD External HDD detected but not visible in My computer: Whenever I connected My old WD Element 10A8 External HDD Lights is blinking on HDD, Windows giving connected Sound, but it is not visible in My computer- Devices & driver Suddenly [ATTACH] In Disk Management, status is UNKNOWN, Not initialized , HDD storage not visible....
  7. windows cannot see external HDD

windows cannot see external HDD: I can not see an external hard drive in file explorer. I can see it in device manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-cannot-see-external-hdd/7581ca1a-b81c-48f6-95d7-deabf29acb85
  8. WD external hdd will not start up on a desktop pc but works on others

WD external hdd will not start up on a desktop pc but works on others: I have a WD Scorpio 25" hdd which is in a case case with a USB connecter interface used for extra storage. It works with no problems with two W10 laptops when connected to them via USB cable. It immediately starts up spinning/humming. My problem is when I try connecting...
  9. File explorer and WD external HDD

File explorer and WD external HDD: File explorer is struggling with my 2 external WD My Book 3TB HDD Problems: 1 of the drives will keep running randomly all night (and gets real hot) after PC shut down. When trying to write a batch to one of the drives explorer keeps trying to access the drive, cannot...
  10. Cannot see my ext WD 2 TB HDD

Cannot see my ext WD 2 TB HDD: Ran into this problem transferring media files from my laptop to the WD ext hdd. Both USB 3. "My Book", my 2 TB WD ext HDD I cannot be seen on my laptop nor my media mini pc I found it in Disk Management. It is shown as Disk 2. It has a black streak all the way (full?) It...