Windows 10: PC does not show the tablet's content

Discus and support PC does not show the tablet's content in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; the new Lenovo tablet is shown in the PC (windows 10) as "MTP USB device", but clicking on it gives "this file is empty", i.e., cannot read the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shivz, Jan 3, 2021.

1. shivz Win User

PC does not show the tablet's content

the new Lenovo tablet is shown in the PC (windows 10) as "MTP USB device", but clicking on it gives "this file is empty", i.e., cannot read the tablet's content and cannot download anything thereto.
    Device Manager does identify the tablet but tells me that "device requires further installation". from there i am lost. looked at Google but got nowhere.
    please advise.

:)

shivz, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Unable to "get media content" from text messages.

My Nokia 920 on ATT was showing this exact error "getting media content" for a long time... finally spent a chunk of time attempting all suggestions above...

FIXED:

1. Created New MMS APN (steps here: Setup Guide for AT&T APN Settings Windows Phone & MMS Settings )
      • still didn't work
    2. Deleted MMS APN
    3. Group messages started working!! No more "getting media content", it just shows up.
    Note: Didn't help

- WiFi on/off

- Back up text on/off

- Group text on/off

- Data on/off

Ono RunAway, Jan 3, 2021
  4. PC does not show the tablet's content

Tablet Input Panel not anywhere to be found

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Tablet PC Input Panel by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type
      Tablet PC Input Panel, and then, in the list of results, tap
      Tablet PC Input Panel

• Tap Tools, and then tap Exit.
    If you don't see the Exit option, do the following:

• Click Tools, and then tap
      Options

• In the Options dialog box, tap the
      Opening tab, clear the For tablet pen input,
      show the icon next to the text box
      and Use the Input Panel tab check boxes, and then tap
      OK.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you

JuzarAli1709, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

PC does not show the tablet's content

1. PC does not show the tablet's content - Similar Threads - does show tablet's

2. Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11: All the messages on my Yahoo mail are updated, but when I try to see any of them, the email content keeps gray and the "loading" icon keeps running and the email is not show on screen. See attached image....
  3. Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11: All the messages on my Yahoo mail are updated, but when I try to see any of them, the email content keeps gray and the "loading" icon keeps running and the email is not show on screen. See attached image....
  4. Windows 10 Mail App - does not show content of Inbox

Windows 10 Mail App - does not show content of Inbox: Using Windows 10 Mail App: I can sync my mail folders including sending e-mails, but for the Inbox the Mail App says "Nothing yet..." and there are no e-mails there. If I go online via a web browser and move one of the e-mail from the Inbox to a sub-folder -- it appears in...
  5. DragFullWindows - Show Window Contents While Dragging does not work

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DragFullWindows - Show Window Contents While Dragging does not work: Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it? No matter what I do, I cannot get the "Show window contents while dragging" feature to work in my Windows 10 environment. I have replaced the video card, updated drivers, fully cleaned drivers and re-installed, etc. I...
  6. showing pictures content

showing pictures content: Dear Microsoft Team.. Regarding to latest windows 10 update the pictures on my pc won't to show its content , pictures files display as a file without showing or preview what's inside it. I tried to rest default apps to get back with better app to preview what's inside my...
  7. Show Blocked Content

Show Blocked Content: Anyone know how to always show blocked content for all emails when using Outlook 365 Web Access without having to do it for each and every email, e.g add sender to safe senders list etc? 151490
  8. Content won’t show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Content won’t show: I had bought a game in 2015 and they brought out a new version of the game which was free to previous owners of the originial and tried to redeem the code that they gave me but it said that the code was already redeemed and i checked the website and it said i claimed it back...
  9. Show certain content on TV

in Windows 10 Support
    Show certain content on TV: Ok basically I've been thinking about getting a Android / Windows box for my live TV streaming but I've been told that RAM is key and they don't seem to put more than 2gb in boxes so what I now want to do is run a HDMI from my laptop (with 12gb ram) to my TV. My question is...
  10. Windows not showing folder contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows not showing folder contents: I recently bought a new PC with W10 installed and all seems to have gone smoothly with transferring files etc from my old PC to the new machine. I ran Duplicate Cleaner before the transfer and again afterwards as it was obvious there were some folders that had not been picked...