Windows 10: PC does not shutdown after pressing the "Shut down" option within Windows 10.

Discus and support PC does not shutdown after pressing the "Shut down" option within Windows 10. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Specs:- CPU: i5-11700k- MOBO: MSI Z590 Pro Wifi- GPU: RTX 3060- RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600mhzI'd say this issue started happening maybe a month or 2 after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KuroiKenshi1, Jan 26, 2022.

1. PC does not shutdown after pressing the "Shut down" option within Windows 10.

Specs:- CPU: i5-11700k- MOBO: MSI Z590 Pro Wifi- GPU: RTX 3060- RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600mhzI'd say this issue started happening maybe a month or 2 after I've started using my PC.Every time I press the "shut down" option in Windows it acts like a normal shut down, but then after a few seconds once everything's been "powered off" my system spins up again and boots as if I had pressed restart instead. I then press shut down in the lock screen, but the same thing happens. System "powers off" and spins back up. Any help would be appreciated.Below are the list of things I've tried.- Updated my graphics d

:)

KuroiKenshi1, Jan 26, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Jan 26, 2022
  4. lindystar Win User

PC does not shutdown after pressing the "Shut down" option within Windows 10.

After Windows 10 update, PC con't start

Good news, pc is back and running.
    zBook was on the right track in that the BIOS was corrupted. However, the solution suggested did not work.
    Fortunately, after considerable digging, I found some information on the Gigabyte site. Following their suggestions, I was able to restore the primary BIOS from the backup BIOS. The whole process took less than 10 minutes.
    Basically, I had to:
    1. Shut off the computer. Unplug all connections to the motherboard except the VGA/DVI output and the keyboard.
    2. Press the POWER button and HOLD it. The computer will start and then shutdown. After the shutdown, release the POWER button.
    3. Press and release the POWER button. The BIOS will go into recovery mode. A BIOS recovery screen will appear and you need only to select from the options that are presented.
    This was a simple solution and I am now up and running.
    Thanks to all who provided suggestions.

lindystar, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

PC does not shutdown after pressing the "Shut down" option within Windows 10.

1. PC does not shutdown after pressing the "Shut down" option within Windows 10. - Similar Threads - does shutdown pressing

2. PC SHUTDOWN AFTER PRESSING WINDOWS KEY

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC SHUTDOWN AFTER PRESSING WINDOWS KEY: My PC is shutting down after pressing windows keys need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-shutdown-after-pressing-windows-key/0b279cd8-1e8f-4d65-8658-1f5c98a41c2a
  3. PC SHUTDOWN AFTER PRESSING WINDOWS KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC SHUTDOWN AFTER PRESSING WINDOWS KEY: My PC is shutting down after pressing windows keys need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-shutdown-after-pressing-windows-key/0b279cd8-1e8f-4d65-8658-1f5c98a41c2a
  4. PC SHUTDOWN AFTER PRESSING WINDOWS KEY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC does not shutdown after pressing the "Shut down" option within Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not shutdown after pressing the "Shut down" option within Windows 10.: Specs:- CPU: i5-11700k- MOBO: MSI Z590 Pro Wifi- GPU: RTX 3060- RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600mhzI'd say this issue started happening maybe a month or 2 after I've started using my PC.Every time I press the "shut down" option in Windows it acts like a normal shut down, but then after a...
  6. PC does not shutdown after pressing the "Shut down" option within Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC does not shutdown after pressing the "Shut down" option within Windows 10.: Specs:- CPU: i5-11700k- MOBO: MSI Z590 Pro Wifi- GPU: RTX 3060- RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600mhzI'd say this issue started happening maybe a month or 2 after I've started using my PC.Every time I press the "shut down" option in Windows it acts like a normal shut down, but then after a...
  7. On pressing shutdown laptop goes black for 1 minute. And then shuts down.

On pressing shutdown laptop goes black for 1 minute. And then shuts down.: Hi all, Recently i started noticing that when i press shut down on my laptop. Display turns off but the computer stays on for another minute and then shuts off completely. Also along with this issue my Keyboard back light is also staying on despite keeping it automatic in...
  8. PC does not shut down

PC does not shut down: Almost every day when I go to turn my computer on, I see the power light is on. I wiggle the mouse and the sign on screen appears. Yet every night I very carefully make sure I am selecting shut down on the menu and click it accordingly. I see the monitor go into shut off...
  9. Pc does not shut down

Pc does not shut down: Since the latest upgrade my PC does not shut down every time. Also my wifi shows it is fine but when I try to use it nothing works. Not edge or emails can connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-does-not-shut-down/6c732fa3-17ec-4a8a-9430-bd2ded0720f3
  10. Shut down options after updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down options after updates: [img] I went to shut down my PC last night, after I have downloaded updates via Windows Update, and the shutdown menu came up with both Shutdown and Update and Shutdown. When I shut it down that night, I just clicked shutdown, but it is still here now. I don't want to click...