Windows 10: Pc does'nt allow use of microphone

Discus and support Pc does'nt allow use of microphone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am unable to use neither my bluetooth headphone with an inbuilt mic, nor my wired earbuds as microphones.Here is a link to another thread where i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mehdi Aminzadeh, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Pc does'nt allow use of microphone

I am unable to use neither my bluetooth headphone with an inbuilt mic, nor my wired earbuds as microphones.Here is a link to another thread where i explain how i am unable to use the "Set up Microphone" button to set up a microphone and how i took actions to resolve the issue:Mic Needs To Be Set Up To Set Up Mic Win11I am able to use apps such as Sound Recorder to record myself, but i am denied from using my microphone on Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Discord as well as ingame using voicechat. When visiting multiple "Microphone Testing" websites, they state that i have either; 1. Not allow

:)

Mehdi Aminzadeh, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 24, 2022
  3. setting up microphone for speech recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are trying to setup speech recognition on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • When you say that “the box is grey and unresponsive”, where you are seeing this option?
    • Are you able to connect the microphone to the PC? (Does it show in Device Manager)

Meanwhile we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to setup the microphone.

Steps to set up a microphone: Before you set up Speech Recognition, make sure you've plugged the microphone into your PC so the following steps work.

1. Press Windows + Q or click on the Windows Search.
    2. Enter Set up a microphone in the search box, and then tap or click
      Set up a microphone.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. Once you are able to setup the microphone and then check if it’s working.

You may also refer this article for additional help: Use voice recognition
    in Windows 10

If you are facing issues configuring microphone on your computer, I would suggest you to refer:

Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Pc does'nt allow use of microphone

Microphone Issue

Hi
    Mateviar,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the issue is with the
    hardware
    or the
    device
    itself. However, we need to make sure that is the case. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using the microphone to another PC?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

Pc does'nt allow use of microphone

1. Pc does'nt allow use of microphone - Similar Threads - does'nt allow microphone

2. Problem with allowing apps to use microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with allowing apps to use microphone: Hi, I'm having a problem with allowing my apps to use my microphone. I might have found the solution but its not working as the switch to turn it on is locked. Here is a screenshot: The button is a bit faint and clicking on it wont change anything. How can I solve this?...
  3. Problem with allowing apps to use microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with allowing apps to use microphone: Hi, I'm having a problem with allowing my apps to use my microphone. I might have found the solution but its not working as the switch to turn it on is locked. Here is a screenshot: The button is a bit faint and clicking on it wont change anything. How can I solve this?...
  4. Problem with allowing apps to use microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pc does'nt allow use of microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc does'nt allow use of microphone: I am unable to use neither my bluetooth headphone with an inbuilt mic, nor my wired earbuds as microphones.Here is a link to another thread where i explain how i am unable to use the "Set up Microphone" button to set up a microphone and how i took actions to resolve the...
  6. PC not allowing headset to be used

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC not allowing headset to be used: Hi there, I have come into a few annoying issues with my PC as of late but I have worked around them. But in the last month a new issue began where my computer does not allow any usb headset to work properly. It came out of nowhere, one day I just plugged in my headset and in...
  7. Allow apps to use my microphone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps to use my microphone: Hi Premiere pro is not showing in my list of allow apps to use my microphone. So I'm not able to use my Blue Yeti in premiere pro. Is there any way an app can be added to this list....
  8. SETTINGS DOES'NT LAUNCH

in Windows 10 Customization
    SETTINGS DOES'NT LAUNCH: SETTINGS WON'T LAUNCH ON WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-doesnt-launch/d5429f6a-2fbb-43fc-ae5a-08c2803c790b
  9. Use a pc as a bluetooth microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use a pc as a bluetooth microphone: Hello guys, I spent hours to find my answer, but how do I use my desktop as a Bluetooth headset? I have a Bluetooth dongle, perfectly connected, and I would like to use my windows soundcard as a mic/audio feedback for my phone. As I have a very good microphone and a mic...
  10. photo does'nt open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photo does'nt open: Whenever i try to open a photo or a image i get an error "invalid value for register". it happens to all photos [ATTACH]" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-doesnt-open/2663347e-5382-4be1-bc12-4e167aef4fe2"