Windows 10: PC doesn't boot after Windows update tries to install update

Discus and support PC doesn't boot after Windows update tries to install update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had update KB5003173 being running over and over again every couple of days, for the last month or so. And it always fails.After PC reboots,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kevinbk_, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Kevinbk_ Win User

PC doesn't boot after Windows update tries to install update

I have had update KB5003173 being running over and over again every couple of days, for the last month or so. And it always fails.After PC reboots, mouse cursor can be seen and moves but screen is black.I have tried downloading and installing the update manually from this site: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5003173But same thing happens: black screen after rebooting.I tried restarting Windows Update service and Background Intelligent Transfer service as suggested in this post for a similar issue.But it didn't work.Posting details about PC, Windows version and error s

:)

Kevinbk_, Jun 8, 2021
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jun 8, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

PC doesn't boot after Windows update tries to install update [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 8, 2021
  4. PC doesn't boot after Windows update tries to install update

Windows updates won't install!

I'll check that out.

I had read that. However the problem MS is addressing there is when the update client files of the pc don't recognise that the pc is not updated and hence don't download the updates. My updates download fine. In fact I'm even getting downloaded updates which I do not need (win2000, vista, server...) The problem is getting the correct updates installed...

For example, I'm getting KB933729 in my list. That's for Vista!

Black Panther, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

PC doesn't boot after Windows update tries to install update

1. PC doesn't boot after Windows update tries to install update - Similar Threads - doesn't boot update

2. PC not booting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not booting after Windows update: I just set my PC to install the latest update and shut down.After a while I returned to find a black screen with:"Reboot and Select proper Boot deviceor Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"My PC was working fine and booting correctly before this update.I...
  3. PC not booting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC not booting after Windows update: I just set my PC to install the latest update and shut down.After a while I returned to find a black screen with:"Reboot and Select proper Boot deviceor Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"My PC was working fine and booting correctly before this update.I...
  4. Windows doesn't boot correctly after update

Windows doesn't boot correctly after update: My PC will not boot windows correctly and the auto repair is unable to diagnose the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-doesnt-boot-correctly-after-update/fe54b03c-5a9c-4c00-95c8-7b461ce15275
  5. Windows doesn't boot correctly after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't boot correctly after update: My PC will not boot windows correctly and the auto repair is unable to diagnose the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-doesnt-boot-correctly-after-update/fe54b03c-5a9c-4c00-95c8-7b461ce15275
  6. Windows doesn't boot correctly after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC fails to boot after installing Windows update

PC fails to boot after installing Windows update: Hello, I’m running Windows 10 version 20H2. In January, my PC couldn’t boot anymore afterapplying the KB4598242 update. The boot process would get stuck just after BIOSPOST. After hard resetting the PC 3 times, Windows would eventually enter theautomatic repair mode. The...
  8. PC won't boot after installing updates

PC won't boot after installing updates: I was running Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 3. After some updates were installed, the laptop needed to restart. Now when I turn it on, I get a message that says there is no bootable device. I can't even get into BIOS and I don't have a disk or USB to boot from. What are my...
  9. Unable to boot PC after installing updates

Unable to boot PC after installing updates: hi up until a few weeks ago my pc was working fine,then while I was out my daughter accepted an update from then on my pc won't load desktop! also task manager. I've tried a couple of youtube options to no avail. I left it as I got stressed now I want it to work. can...
  10. After Win10 Update PC doesn't boot anymore

After Win10 Update PC doesn't boot anymore: I tried resetting throught that first blue screen but as soon as I click it the button stays pressed dmfor hours and doesnt reset, I tried rolling back to old version and all the options in the screen, if I try to open the CMD (on the same screen) it ask for password and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Pc wont boot after windows update